• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
First photos minutes after Pep signed the Bayern contract.

sav35.jpg

Apparently QPR are in debt of 106 million and if they get relegated they will face administration.

Is that true?

Not sure if it is true but when the hell are the PL or FA going to bring in some financial regs so wage bills can't be over xx% of revenue?
Clubs like QPR and City are distorting the market for every club that is trying to run a self sufficient business.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
But we're talking about Pep and his, for many, disappointing move to Bayern.

Plus why would you even bring Mou into this? He won a CL with Porto. He don't need to prove shit.

Porto is one of Portugal's best team, and he also coincided with a really good generation of players that later turned out to be world class players. It's not like he took a team of scrubs and magically started winning matches and titles.

Then moved to Chelsea, which admittedly was mediocre at the time but they had plenty of money it's like when Mancini took over Manchester City. Then Inter a team that was already dominating in Italy and just needed a push in Europe to win the CL and of course then RM.

When exactly did he not play it safe? All big managers play it safe, it's what comes with getting a big reputation at a big club you get better jobs. Why would he need to go to a mediocre side to prove himself? that's just as ridiculous as the argument that Messi is not the best ever because he plays at Barcelona and not some shit team.

He's clearly just afraid of playing in a league were more than two teams can win it. Next I suggest him Ukrainian league, while Mourinho will be winning CL with Copenhagen.

pulga

Banned
Porto is one of Portugal's best team, and he also coincided with a really good generation of players that later turned out to be world class players. It's not like he took a team of scrubs and magically started winning matches and titles.

Then moved to Chelsea, which admittedly was mediocre at the time but they had plenty of money it's like when Mancini took over Manchester City. Then Inter a team that was already dominating in Italy and just needed a push in Europe to win the CL and of course then RM.

When exactly did he not play it safe? All big managers play it safe, it's what comes with getting a big reputation at a big club you get better jobs. Why would he need to go to a mediocre side to prove himself? that's just as ridiculous as the argument that Messi is not the best ever because he plays at Barcelona and not some shit team.

You still can't argue against that Mourinho has done much more than Pep to prove himself as a manager.

He fucking won it with Intermerda for chrissakes.

Error

You still can't argue against that Mourinho has done much more than Pep to prove himself as a manager.

He fucking won it with Intermerda for chrissakes.

Of course, Mourinho has also been coaching for far longer than Pep.

Obviously we are 'wait and see' with Pep in Bayern, but I'm not surprised he landed a gig at a big club nor am I disappointed. After all he won with Barcelona he deserves to be coaching another big club.

Fry

So, now that Pep will be the manager and everybody likes him, the catchphrase Fuck Bayern doesn't make sense anymore.

pulga

Banned
So, now that Pep will be the manager and everybody likes him, the catchphrase Fuck Bayern doesn't make sense anymore.

Makes more sense than ever, to me!

Pep's from the Messi school of thinly veiled façade of humility. I'd rather people show their true colors.

Rad-

Outside of Deco and maybe Carvalho, Porto's team wasn't that special when you look at them individually. Midtable quality.

justjohn

Finally guardiola will be exposed for the talentless hack that he is. Any decent manager can win things with this barcelona team. The fact that his assistant took over at barcelona and they keep winning suggests to me its more about the system than the manager. For god sake even Rijkaard won the champions league and where is he now?

I wish him all the luck though.by all accounts hes a decent bloke but we'll see.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pep IS one of the greatest managers in football. Sacchi won nothing outside of Milan.

Mourinho is a no brainer as well.

pulga

Banned
Outside of Deco and maybe Carvalho, Porto's team wasn't that special when you look at them individually. Midtable quality.

Jut let him pretend what Mou accomplished wasn't jaw dropping at the time. He's gotta find some way to spin Pep's disappointing move.

Qindarka GK
Regulus GK
Lunchbox CB
Anderson CB
Soi Fong CB
FootballFan CB
Sohois DR/DL
Sloosha DL
Fairdom DR
Polari CM
Odd_morsel CM
Yella CM
Verano CM
KidA Seven CAM
Lightning CAM
Milchmonster LW
Jeff Albertson RW/LW
Mastadon RW
Spanish Wrath RW
Fady ST
bud23 ST
Lego ST
Messi ST

Team 3 ^

Wooden i will get this to you after I edit it tonight, 24 players should take around an hour. I get in at 11pm

Qindarka GK
Regulus GK
Lunchbox CB
Anderson CB
Soi Fong CB
FootballFan CB
Sohois DR/DL
Sloosha DL
Fairdom DR
Polari CM
Odd_morsel CM
Yella CM
Verano CM
KidA Seven CAM
Lightning CAM
Milchmonster LW
Jeff Albertson RW/LW
Mastadon RW
Spanish Wrath RW
Fady ST
bud23 ST
Lego ST
Messi ST

Team 3 ^

Wooden i will get this to you after I edit it tonight, 24 players should take around an hour. I get in at 11pm

Cool. I will probably fall asleep while the interim manager is getting tactically outclassed by Adkins tonight, but will have it ready tomorrow.

Error

It's impossible to argue with Pulga, at least I bring points to my argument and discussion (you can disagree or agree) he just brushes it off as me 'spinning'. Well whatever.

Empty

Pep IS one of the greatest managers in football. Sacchi won nothing outside of Milan.

Mourinho is a no brainer as well.

umm i think you'll find sacchi is a fraud because capello won even more games in the league with his team, proving that anyone could do it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Qindarka GK
Regulus GK
Lunchbox CB
Anderson CB
Soi Fong CB
FootballFan CB
Sohois DR/DL
Sloosha DL
Fairdom DR
Polari CM
Odd_morsel CM
Yella CM
Verano CM
KidA Seven CAM
Lightning CAM
Milchmonster LW
Jeff Albertson RW/LW
Mastadon RW
Spanish Wrath RW
Fady ST
bud23 ST
Lego ST
Messi ST

Team 3 ^

What a fantastic team!
KuGsj.gif

We should all get a fully maxed out coach btw :p

umm i think you'll find sacchi is a fraud because capello won even more games in the league with his team, proving that anyone could do it.

Knowing Capello quite well, it's the other way around.

Bundesliga had five different champions over the last ten years. Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, and Schalke have the potential to win it, too.

Was mostly trolling before (which the rest of the sentence you cut off clearly showed) but they really don't right now. Especially not Wolfsburg, what the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom