• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. I will probably fall asleep while the interim manager is getting tactically outclassed by Adkins tonight, but will have it ready tomorrow.

Cool cool, I have had to add you again due to setting everyone up from scratch. Not sure if you were on there or not, I just removed every player to do with Palace.

I'll make sure to test it quickly tonight before I send it to you, I know a few people are interested in grabbing the editor too so when you're finished with it maybe we could stick it up for people to grab?

Not sure why they'd want to do that, all 3 teams are going to fail MASSIVELY! We'd probably all get knocked out of the League Cup by Newcastle :/

Fry

Mumei should unban elsk just for today. We need his opinion on Pep, Bayern and the World.

He said on twitter that he wanted Jupp to stay forever, but looked excited after it was confirmed that Pep was really going to be the new manager.

... kind of like me tbh. LOL

Porto is one of Portugal's best team, and he also coincided with a really good generation of players that later turned out to be world class players.

Deco and Carvalho, the rest was by-the-books average.

hell, current Porto's team with James, Jackson Martínez and Moutinho is better that the one Mou lead at the time.

qindarka

Banned
Cool cool, I have had to add you again due to setting everyone up from scratch. Not sure if you were on there or not, I just removed every player to do with Palace.

I'll make sure to test it quickly tonight before I send it to you, I know a few people are interested in grabbing the editor too so when you're finished with it maybe we could stick it up for people to grab?

Not sure why they'd want to do that, all 3 teams are going to fail MASSIVELY! We'd probably all get knocked out of the League Cup by Newcastle :/

Let's see whether we can get all 3 teams relegated.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bundesliga had five different champions over the last ten years. Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, and Schalke have the potential to win it, too.

Two-team argument destroyed.

Still there was zero reason to bring Mou into this disscussion about Pep and Bayern
There was no reason to bring a manager into the discussion about news of a football manager? if we are talking about football managers it's only natural to bring into the discussion other managers.

I don't see why it's such a big deal, after all this a forum to discuss and argue.

Yeah that is what I thought. Will also do a quick test though just to see if everything goes decently. :p

What team did you replace for #2?

Sloane

Banned
They really don't right now. Especially not Wolfsburg, what the hell.
Wolfsburg has unlimited money, and should have been at least a CL contender this season. Leverkusen has a great young team (and virtually unlimited money), and Schalke has been strong for the last ten years or so.

"Right now" only one team can win the league but overall it definitely isn't as clear cut as in Spain.

Clegg

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Also interesting today: David Gill's comment to @SkySportsNews that "if we did something with Wilfried (Zaha), that would be for the summer"

FFS. If Gill is talking about it you can bet we're pretty damn sure.

Sigh.
Another quote from Gilly.

David Gill on Zaha:"He's one of the players we're looking at. That's all I'd say at the moment."

GQman2121

Banned
Expectations for Bayern are going to be--unfairly--through the roof. But that's football.

Pep announced the same day that Rijkaard is sacked. Forever connected.

pulga

Banned
Two-team argument destroyed.

There was no reason to bring a manager into the discussion about news of a football manager? if we are talking about football managers it's only natural to bring into the discussion other managers.

I don't see why it's such a big deal, after all this a forum to discuss and argue.

2001–02 Borussia Dortmund
2002–03 Bayern Munich
2003–04 Werder Bremen
2004–05 Bayern Munich
2005–06 Bayern Munich
2006–07 VfB Stuttgart
2007–08 Bayern Munich
2008–09 VfL Wolfsburg
2009–10 Bayern Munich
2010–11 Borussia Dortmund
2011–12 Borussia Dortmund

5 Bayern titles, 3 BVB. Still looking pretty two sided, to me.

Reckon its worth starting a Fantasy Football thread?

We could talk about Fantasy leagues, Football Manager and betting in there, so it'll be easier to keep track of them :)

fuenf

Remember Ailton?

Boss striker.

IYHMz.jpg

pulga

Banned
Lol, elsk just tweeted this to me:

“@sikaffy: @7pulga nadie con respeto a si mismo iría al Manchester City jaja”

"No one with any self respect would go to Man City lolol"

Ahh I miss the nutjob <3

Captain Bastard &#8207;@sjmcp83
No title in 2 years, no CL in 12 years, 8 changes in manager in 8 years. Where's da challenge, Pep? #ExpertSkyAnalysis

He should have taken over at CL winners Chelsea, recent winners and 3 times finalists United or supa rich City #Challenge #ExpertSkyAnalysis

Fantomex

Welcome! Don't be shy. ;)

@sikaffy < elsk

Ahhh I see. Well I think it's a good move and a smart move for Pep. Let's face it, he was not going to be under Ambro at Chelsea, he was not going to be the bad guy forcing Ferguson out, and he was probably unsure about the culture at City even though they have made great strides.

One thing Pep did at Barcelona with the youth team and with the old team is to make very bold moves. Do away with players that one would think are locks for the starting team and bring his own signature to the starting 11. At Barcelona he got rid of Deco, Marquez, Yaya, Caceres and brought in players who were unproven but fit his style of play. Pique, Busquets, Pedro f.e. It will be very enjoyable to watch Borussia vs Bayern through the years.

pulga

Banned
No title in 2 years, no CL in 12 years, 8 changes in manager in 8 years. Where's da challenge, Pep? #ExpertSkyAnalysis

He should have taken over at CL winners Chelsea, recent winners and 3 times finalists United or supa rich City #Challenge #ExpertSkyAnalysis

That's some nice fact picking and spinning :lol

That's £12m less on a CB, CM, and £12m less for the bung we send Mendes' way when we sign James.

Hope Wahahahah are paying us well.

We need a CB less than we need a winger (or wingers) and/or a CM next season. It'd still leave us with a good amount to throw (£40 million-ish) at another CM at least, possibly another winger too if we do a summer blowout.

I would ask what does that say about the managers, but that statistic isn't right.

derExperte

Everyone who thinks Bayern manages itself should give JürgenK (no, not Kloppo, the other one) a call and ask him about what happened to his Buddha statues.

Banned Paper have linked us with Ezequiel Garay again.

Benfica CB.

Don't know how good he is.
RI reported that a few weeks back too so I think there's truth in it. But nothing more than scouting, they reckon CB is the priority this summer if Vidic doesn't look stable...and he definitely doesn't right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom