• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Yeah it really is. Modern stadiums are built to encourage grass growth and all sorts. For example, at City, they have these vents on the sides of the stadium that they can open to encourage good and proper air circulation.

It gets scary, these groundsmen are like scientists these days.

GzSd1.gif

Empty

rooney looking sharp which is nice. valencia is infuriating these days, nani too but he can be excused for just returning from injury.

Wilbur

Banned
Defence have been solid but Buttner's far too wasteful with the ball. Nani quiet, Valencia is predictable and easy to play against, Giggs has played one or two good balls, Anderson the same but a tad more energy. Chicha and Rooney looking pretty good as well. Satisfied enough.

Maybe he should have taken on a MASSIVE challenge like Real Madrid or Chelsea where he can sign any player he wants.

Maybe he could've stepped into a club in a more competitive league. Not only did he not do that, but he also did choose the club with way more money to spend than any other in the league.

There's no pressure. Also, loooool, Real Madrid was a losers team, Chelsea 100x worse when Mourinho went there.

Clegg

Anderson would be a good player if he could ever get fit.

I don't know if he has an underlying condition that prevents him from losing weight or if he's just lazy. It's frustrating because you can actually see the talent he has in glimpses.

FootballFan

Maybe he could've stepped into a club in a more competitive league. Not only did he not do that, but he also did choose the club with way more money to spend than any other in the league.

There's no pressure. Also, loooool, Real Madrid was a losers team, Chelsea 100x worse when Mourinho went there.

Always an excuse.

pulga

Banned
If you people will insist on bringing Mourinho into this, remember, for all the money his latter clubs have, he built Chelsea from nothing to PL champs. He's bested one of the best sides of all time with Madrid. He polished merda into CL champs. To say nothing of Porto, because you guys like forgetting where he started out. Hint: not at a pretty much formed team with one, if not, the best player of all time.

Wilbur

Banned
Watched 10 mins of Arsenal - Swansea and Wilshere is a step above everyone else on the pitch

edit: apart from Chico, he's good

If you people will insist on bringing Mourinho into this, remember, for all the money his latter clubs have, he built Chelsea from nothing to PL champs. He's bested one of the best sides of all time with Madrid. He polished merda into CL champs. To say nothing of Porto, because you guys like forgetting where he started out. Hint: not at a pretty much formed team with one, if not, the best player of all time.

Mourinho's the best coach in the world.

Maybe not the best manager - that would be Fergus still for me - but as far as coaching goes, he's the best.

I think you underrate Ranieri's Chelsea, and the amount of money he was given to turn them from the 4th best team in England to the best

Wilbur

Banned
The money helped, but Mourinho still had to buy the players, gel them, get them winning, give them the mentality. It's a little of this, a little of that. Still a fantastic achievement to do what he did.

pulga

Banned
I think you underrate Ranieri's Chelsea, and the amount of money he was given to turn them from the 4th best team in England to the best

I am probably am, but give Guardiola £250m to spend and he'll buy you the types of Chygrinski. Mou was pretty smart with the money.

Meier

Lambert! Awesome week in FPL for me.. no Premier Ass playing either so I don't have to rue the lost CS.

Damn, Nathaniel Clyne with the cross.. of course I finally ditched him this week when I used my Wildcard.

Randdalf

I'm starting to think Valencia's broken. Where the fuck's his pace gone? Why can't he run at people anymore?

There was a guy called John Utaka who played for Portsmouth a few years ago. Harry signed him saying "he's one of the quickest players I've seen", and he was, in his first match he scored 2 goals both because of his pace. He never ran again after that game. Literally every match I watched him played, he never took it past his man, he never ran onto balls. It was as if he had been told not to run, for something weird reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom