• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Mou's transfer budget was well spent. Kenny got given near £100m and pissed it all up the wall.

Mou gets too little credit sometimes. I genuinely think he's the best coach in the world.

derExperte

Maybe he could've stepped into a club in a more competitive league. Not only did he not do that, but he also did choose the club with way more money to spend than any other in the league.

There's no pressure. Also, loooool, Real Madrid was a losers team, Chelsea 100x worse when Mourinho went there.

No pressure at Bayern? Have you followed the Bundesliga lately? Or ever? The pressure comes from having to win something every year, no excuses, while dealing with the dudes on top and the relentless media. Our league is no joke, there are (almost) always some teams competing for the top spots.

pulga

Banned
The money helped, but Mourinho still had to buy the players, gel them, get them winning, give them the mentality. It's a little of this, a little of that. Still a fantastic achievement to do what he did.

See, Wilbz gets it <3

Guardiola is poised to just hop in on Henycke's yacht, like Rikjaard's, and cruise control to victory. Meh.

Mou's transfer budget was well spent. Kenny got given near £100m and pissed it all up the wall.

Mou gets too little credit sometimes. I genuinely think he's the best coach in the world.

You say that as though you expect anyone to disagree :p

(Henderson will be worth it in the end I think)

@pulga, Barca were in the doldrums under Rijkaard when Pep took over

Wilbur

Banned
See, Wilbz gets it <3

Guardiola is poised to just hop in on Henycke's yacht, like Rikjaard's, and cruise control to victory. Meh.

I do disagree with you here; he did a fantastic job at Barca with a team that finished 18 points behind first. Moved Messi into the centre, brought through players like Busquets and Pedro instead of sticking with those that were there. You're giving Pep too little credit.

Hixx

N'Gog to Newcastle!?!

KuGsj.gif

pulga

Banned
I do disagree with you here; he did a fantastic job at Barca with a team that finished 18 points behind first. Moved Messi into the centre, brought through players like Busquets and Pedro instead of sticking with those that were there. You're giving Pep too little credit.

I suppose we'll see. I admit I do underrate him because of the core of fantastic (and one alien) players he was left with.

Wilbur

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom