• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

when Jordan Spence did the exact same thing ten minutes later.

Yeah, identical.

JF7Ub.gif

Lightning

Banned
Looks like Pep is already a done man at Bayern.

BAy8zC3CUAA-zOj.png:large

And smh at that Schoole's tackle.
Poor because if Mourinho pushes hard enough both Rafa and Mancini will be shown the door without hesitation. If Man City want to win the CL which they obviously do then Mancini has got to go so that door is going to open and it's just a question of who walks through it and looking at Chelsea's form Rafa is not doing himself any favors not winning at home in front of fans who hate him already.

Mourinho will go to City or Chelsea. I am very sure on this.

pappe

He will go get a real challenge unlike Pep Pus Guardiola. Mourinho to win the world cup with England.

Pep going to Bayern is such a disappointment. He should have gone to a club which is not the richest and has the most resources and form a real team. Going to Bayern will not prove how good of a manager he really is or whether he is any good at all. The move does his reputation no favours imo. If you ask me its a pretty cowardly move on his part.

pappe

Poor because if Mourinho pushes hard enough both Rafa and Mancini will be shown the door without hesitation. If Man City want to win the CL which they obviously do then Mancini has got to go so that door is going to open and it's just a question of who walks through it and looking at Chelsea's form Rafa is not doing himself any favors not winning at home in front of fans who hate him already.

Mourinho will go to City or Chelsea. I am very sure on this.
The way they parted wasnt all peaceful was it?
I think the egos of Roman and Mou are too big and will stop them from coming together once again. City will pay good but i think he would rather go to PSG for a few years and mint money by working half as hard as he does at Real.

qindarka

Banned
I think the egos of Roman and Mou are too big and will stop them from coming together once again. City will pay good but i think he would rather go to PSG for a few years and mint money by working half as hard as he does at Real.

I believe Mourinho and Abramovich have reconciled though who knows whether Mourinho would want to come back with the managerial insecurity and board interference, not to mention the shit team.

Blablurn

Shhh everyone is saying that Bayern is good instead of Fuck Bayern. Don't ruin it

I'm just saying. WE dont have as much money as the big ones in Europe. He has to cope with a lot of difficult players and well, he still has Hoeneß above him. The last fact totally killed Van Gaal in the end.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Schalke have reportedly agreed personal terms with Michel Bastos. Raffael already joined. A Holtby sale already in January seems possible.

With Sandro's injury I guess we might try to bring Holtby in now, especially if we still want to offload Huddlestone and Livermore.

pappe

U think Bayern is not a real challenge? I'm laughing at u guys.

Jupp Heynckes of all the people has managed Bayern to top of the league and leading by 9 points. The team is too good. Its not much of a challenge. I wanted to see him take a team like Arsenal, Spurs or similar other with a limited budget and taking good players and turn them into great players which everyone says he is capable of doing. And win the league with them

Also: Fuck Bayern!

Nyx

I'm just saying. WE dont have as much money as the big ones in Europe. He has to cope with a lot of difficult players and well, he still has Hoeneß above him. The last fact totally killed Van Gaal in the end.

Fuck Bayern.

(always wanted to type that)

sohois

Mou will go to PSG. They are the only ones who will pay the salary he wants.

and Pep going to Bayern will be such a disappointment. He should have gone to a club which is not the richest and has the most resources and tried to build from a base. Going to Bayern will not prove how good of a manager he really is. If you as k me its a pretty cowardly move on his part.

City would gladly pay for Mourinho.

I really don't understand all this Pep bashing. Everyone says he could have taken on a bigger challenge but they always neglect to mention what that challenge is. First of all, there is the issue of wages. Pep could command huge wages elsewhere and its ridiculous to suggest he should slash how much he gets paid just to take on some lesser job. Even if he was willing to take a huge paycut, would he really be willing to go to some small time, no hoper club like Everton? No chance, which immediately restricts the possible jobs to just a handful in the top leagues.

In Spain, only Barca and RM could afford him. France has PSG, I don't think i need to elaborate on this. Germany, well, there was Bayern. As for England, neither City nor Chelsea would have been any greater a challenge than Bayern, lesser even. Some would say that taking over from Ferguson would be a big challenge (debatable), but first that job would need to become available, which it isn't. Liverpool & Tottenham have both just employed young managers and are unlikely to throw that away just for Pep. That leaves Arsenal, but like United there is the issue of their current manager being in the way.

The only big team in a top league that would be a bigger challenge that I can think of is AC Milan. But there he would have to work under Berlusconi, with no CL football in sight. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that AC Milan really have the resources anymore to compete with bigger sides, their spending has been quite limited since Kaka left.

Lightning

Banned
His exact words were "perfect divorce" and he claimed on more than one occasion that he would have no problem working with Roman again so I doubt that will stop any possible return should the situation arise.

pappe

City would gladly pay for Mourinho.

I really don't understand all this Pep bashing. Everyone says he could have taken on a bigger challenge but they always neglect to mention what that challenge is. First of all, there is the issue of wages. Pep could command huge wages elsewhere and its ridiculous to suggest he should slash how much he gets paid just to take on some lesser job. Even if he was willing to take a huge paycut, would he really be willing to go to some small time, no hoper club like Everton? No chance, which immediately restricts the possible jobs to just a handful in the top leagues.

In Spain, only Barca and RM could afford him. France has PSG, I don't think i need to elaborate on this. Germany, well, there was Bayern. As for England, neither City nor Chelsea would have been any greater a challenge than Bayern, lesser even. Some would say that taking over from Ferguson would be a big challenge (debatable), but first that job would need to become available, which it isn't. Liverpool & Tottenham have both just employed young managers and are unlikely to throw that away just for Pep. That leaves Arsenal, but like United there is the issue of their current manager being in the way.

The only big team in a top league that would be a bigger challenge that I can think of is AC Milan. But there he would have to work under Berlusconi, with no CL football in sight. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that AC Milan really have the resources anymore to compete with bigger sides, their spending has been quite limited since Kaka left.

The only reason i wanted Him to take on a smaller club was because everyone says he is the worlds best manager and what not but he has dealt with players like messi, Xavi and Iniesta who are not at all difficult to manage. I wanted to see him take players who are not the worlds best and yet beat teams who are rated much higher and take on an underdog team .Fuck, even Mancini would lead the Barca of 2 years ago to a double. Mou proved himself when he took Porto, Chelsea and Inter to wins. IMO Pep will never be in the top tier of managers until and unless he does something like i said.

Nyx

According to Dutch media, Sunderland, Celtic and PSV are interested in Tommy Oar.

I say : not good enough, yet.

Lightning

Banned
If Pep wins Bayern the champions league then he's achieved something but his German titles are lol given Bayern's financial muscle over the competition there. Dortmund will provide an excellent test since they have a great squad who don't seem interested in joining Bayern but you need more than just Dortmund and in Germany it's just not there.

I rate Klopp because that Dortmund set up and the players that come out of there are fantastic and I love the style of football they play. I want arsenal to replicate Dortmund. Klopp would be my dream manager to replace Wenger when the time comes.

Blablurn

If Pep wins Bayern the champions league then he's achieved something but his German titles are lol given Bayern's financial muscle over the competition there. Dortmund will provide an excellent test since they have a great squad who don't seem interested in joining Bayern but you need more than just Dortmund and in Germany it's just not there.

I rate Klopp because that Dortmund set up and the players that come out of there are fantastic and I love the style of football they play. I want arsenal to replicate Dortmund. Klopp would be my dream manager to replace Wenger when the time comes.

All the money didnt stop Dortmund from winning it two years in a row. And it's not like they didnt spend any money.

bjaelke

With all caveats in place that I think that Remy, and in particular M'Vila are absolutely 'triffic signings, I can't help be be slightly worried by the comments that 'Tony Fernandes worked really hard on the deal, I didn't think it would happen...' is essentially a euphemism for the following conversation:

How about 40K? no?

what about 50k? no?

I can go to 60k? no?

Alright, 70k though, but don't tell the others... no?

Fine, 80k it is...
:lol

sohois

QPR could present some great bargains next year when they go down; the likes of Remy, M'Vila, Taarabt, Cesar, Granero, Mbia & Hoilett could all prove to be very astute signings for PL clubs next year. Whilst they haven't performed at all well for QPR, I think that is really a club issue rather than being down to the players themselves - kind of like the many players who go and waste away at Real Madrid for a few years i.e. VdV or Huntelaar.

Blablurn

There will be a press conference in one hour. Guardiola will not be there but Rummenigge and Hoeneß are going to talk about the deal. Furthermore it seems like there is another rumor: According to the TZ München we are also going to announce our new premium sponsor who is getting 10% of the teams shares. So far only Adidas and Audi have some parts. If rumors are true it's gonna be Gazprom.

Kakà was in Milan last night, had dinner with Robinho and clearly said that he wants to come back, even with a reduced wage, as long as Milan and Real find an agreement. He'll be back, I know it, even if he's over 30 y/o and Berlusconi said that he wants a younger team.
Looks like Pep is already a done man at Bayern.

BAy8zC3CUAA-zOj.png:large

And smh at that Schoole's tackle.

Mou to Milan? :lol

There will be a press conference in one hour. Guardiola will not be there but Rummenigge and Hoeneß are going to talk about the deal. Furthermore it seems like there is another rumor: According to the TZ München we are also going to announce our new premium sponsor who is getting 10% of the teams shares. So far only Adidas and Audi have some parts. If rumors are true it's gonna be Gazprom.

Not as much money as other clubs, announces new €100m sponsor deal. Okay...

Also Gazprom lol, soon you'll wear blue shirts and be the feeder club for Schlacke. Don't fuck with Gazprom.

Blablurn

Not as much money as other clubs, announces new €100m sponsor deal. Okay...

Obviously we are still unrivaled in that regard but in my opinion dortmund always gets a free pass here in this thread. first of all dortmund were the big money spenders in the end of the 90s. You guys were there where we are now. I think you even had more money than us back then. But u guys crashed. You had your chance and screwed it up.

Of course, you have a nice young team now but it's also because you had to start from scratch after almost going bankrupt. But don't blame Bayern for spending a lot of money.

Arnie

Sorry, they don't let you play against championship sides in the final of the EUROPA cup.

And unfortunately City didn't qualify, so we can't play them in the Semis, either.
Obviously we are still unrivaled in that regard but in my opinion dortmund always gets a free pass here in this thread. first of all dortmund were the big money spenders in the end of the 90s. You guys were there where we are now. I think you even had more money than us back then. But u guys crashed. You had your chance and screwed it up.

Of course, you have a nice young team now but it's also because you had to start from scratch after almost going bankrupt. But don't blame Bayern for spending a lot of money.
After the Pep announcement I've well and truly bailed from the 'fuck Bayern' bandwagon.

Heyneckes just looks evil. Pep's dreamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom