• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
07b85737d1d75ce1447665e36b176e1c.gif

HOLY SHIT WHAT A PASS :O

In Pep's biography, Messi was asked by the club whether they should sign Neymar, and he said sure go ahead.

All due to the fact he played Fifa with him and Dani Alves :lol

And unfortunately City didn't qualify, so we can't play them in the Semis, either.

After the Pep announcement I've well and truly bailed from the 'fuck Bayern' bandwagon.

Heyneckes just looks evil. Pep's dreamy.

Don't worry it'll be City's year next year. Or the year after that. Have you heard about their website? Apparently it's really quite good.

Obviously we are still unrivaled in that regard but in my opinion dortmund always gets a free pass here in this thread. first of all dortmund were the big money spenders in the end of the 90s. You guys were there where we are now. I think you even had more money than us back then. But u guys crashed. You had your chance and screwed it up.

But the point is that we didn't have the money we spent back then lol

Bayern is on a different level and definately up there with the "big ones in Europe" as you called them. It's not meant in a bad way, I just find it strange to say that Bayern doesn't have the big money.

dc89

"The Barclays Asia Trophy returns to Hong Kong on 24-27 July, with champions Man City, Tottenham, Sunderland & South China FC taking part."

Official PL twitter.

Just give us that trophy now. It's another for the collection.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"The Barclays Asia Trophy returns to Hong Kong on 24-27 July, with champions Man City, Tottenham, Sunderland & South China FC taking part."

Official PL twitter.

Pssh, Hotlby is going to make Barry his bitch.

fuenf

hey Bla I tweaked you avatar a little bit further:

AVOgp.png

Yesterdays version was a rush job and it bothered me everytime I looked at it. Although, I'll admit the trash factor is now gone. Take whatever avatar you like, I just wanted to give you another option. :) I just did this version for my own peace of mind.

Mastadon

Banned

Official PL twitter.

Wow, one team looks really out of place in that line-up.

EDS are going to get destroyed

Official PL twitter.

That's a nice little summer holiday for the players after we win the league again.

fuenf

But the point is that we didn't have the money we spent back then lol

Bayern is on a different level and definately up there with the "big ones in Europe" as you called them. It's not meant in a bad way, I just find it strange to say that Bayern doesn't have the big money.

I get where you are coming from, just yesterday I thought "This isnt the Bayern Munich I grew up with anymore." Bayern has always been a Top 10-15 team in Europe but in the last few years (since they opened the AA) they cracked the Top 3 and are still pushing foward. If you look at the complete package I'd already say that Bayern pretty much stands alone... what's even more amazing is that it isnt just them but that the whole Bundesliga is tagging along for the ride.

edit: sport.es is saying that Pep will earn close to 17m with the help of an Adidas sponsorship, I know that it's probably bullshit but the fact that it isnt of the realm of possibity shows how far we've come.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Celtic - Juve just went on general sale to ST holders and sold out within about 20 minutes. Tickets already 200+ quid on ebay. Got chucked out of the shitty online eticket system before I could get even a single spare for friends and wrung up a 20 quid phone bill calling 100 times. :(

fuenf

Don't really follow Bundesliga, but why is suddenly Bayern considered as huge as it is now? Any articles I can read.

I think this article can give you a little insight:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/16/pep-guardiola-seduced-bayern-munich

2 CL finals in the last 3 years.

One of the 3 best sides in Europe.

Most financially stable club in Europe, if they sell another 9,09% of the club they'll be debt free immediately (Stadium debt) otherwise they'll be debt free around 2016-2017. Once they've paid of the stadium, they'll be able to outspend almost everyone (without the need of a Sugar Daddy).

Bayern just massively profits from the German industry: Adidas & Audi each own a stake, Deutsche Telekom pretty much uses its sports marketing budget on them etc.

Lewandowski's facebook page:

"Hello fans,
I prepared a surprise for you, you'll find out soon."

It's supposed to be a Opel advertising campaign, sell that bitch to United lol

Pep having to work under Hoeness and Rummage and co keeps being cited as a big problem for him.

Why?

At Barca he didn't get to make the final call on transfers etc either.

If he wins things at Bayern I'm sure his influence will rise. This is how it works at almost every club these days.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are in talks with Schalke to accelerate Lewis Holtby's move to White Hart Lane and sign the midfielder in the current transfer window, Goal.com understands.

Yes it's goal.com but Greg Stobart is almost always accurate with Spurs news. This would give us a nice boost but we still need to sign a player in addition to him. We are in a great position to take advantage of our neighbours faltering and an injection of quality can cement our place in the top 4. I hope Levy has learned the lesson of previous Januaries where Pienaar in 2011, and Nelsen/Saha in 2012 failed to give us enough of a push. Injury to Dawson and King happened after the window had closed, we'd loaned Bassong out and Nelsen and Gallas had injury issues, we can't make the same mistake with our midfield. Dembele is only half-fit and Parker is 32, we have to add to them.

Bargain buys are fine but with the injury to Sandro quality is far more desirable. Hotlby is a start but we still need either a CM or a striker to go with him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ok so database is complete. Running into a few problems though. It's putting After Dark team mainly in the U18s, now I think the best way to potentially avoid this job is to create a manager for each team to make sure the squad is just NeoGaf members, THEN go on holiday.

Other problem....After Dark are seriously up against it, the other two teams are both 5 star potential for nearly every player o_O

Either thats lucky assigning or the 0 ca and 0 pa is not working right.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/quackbauer/screenshots

Can anyone see my screenshots? The four recent are of the gaf database. Freewheelin' already being chased by Gafelona haha, dirty bastards.

The Juventino is the shittiest striker and the 2nd shittiest player overall. So I'm basically Matri?

WHY GOD?

Think we gotta make our FM teams not completely random stats, cause we are sucking big time. Went on holiday and the teams lost nearly all their matches, even training matches against none pro teams lol

Nyx

Think we gotta make our FM teams not completely random stats, cause we are sucking big time. Went on holiday and the teams lost nearly all their matches, even training matches against none pro teams lol

On the other hand, if we would all play in the Championship IRL, we would probably lose everything. :D

FootballFan

07b85737d1d75ce1447665e36b176e1c.gif

Sanchez is spitting Messi in the face with that finish. Brilliant setup though.

With the right draw we might get to play Newcastle.

Wish you had a GIF of his other miss, even worse than that one believe it or not(guys who didn't see the game).

I think he could have cost us the Copa Del Rey. 2 away goals for Malaga, must win game now in the second leg.

If he had put away his chances, 4-1, and finished.

Arnie

Yes it's goal.com but Greg Stobart is almost always accurate with Spurs news. This would give us a nice boost but we still need to sign a player in addition to him. We are in a great position to take advantage of our neighbours faltering and an injection of quality can cement our place in the top 4. I hope Levy has learned the lesson of previous Januaries where Pienaar in 2011, and Nelsen/Saha in 2012 failed to give us enough of a push. Injury to Dawson and King happened after the window had closed, we'd loaned Bassong out and Nelsen and Gallas had injury issues, we can't make the same mistake with our midfield. Dembele is only half-fit and Parker is 32, we have to add to them.

Bargain buys are fine but with the injury to Sandro quality is far more desirable. Hotlby is a start but we still need either a CM or a striker to go with him.

More importantly, the Guardian reported it.

I'm not a huge fan of Stobart, I know you said he's good for Spurs news, but he did some dodgy 'exclusives' this summer regarding us.

3Sixty

England U19's squad announced. Ward-Prowse and Callum Chambers in there for Saints.

No Shaw, assume he's jumped to the U21's/

GorillaJu

I want Luke Shaw at Liverpool. Fantastic talent.

I asked my German buddy who is a Schalke fan this summer about Holtby and he wasn't too convinced he'd be able to crack the PL. Kind of gave me relief when the rumors about him coming to LFC stopped. Don't think he'll be a sufficient Sandro replacement, short term or long.

Holtby doesn't really play Sandros position. I think Sandros position we are ok, Parker, Livermore (who will obviously stay now) and Huddlestone.

Our main problem is striker....we have Defoe. Dempsey can play there also but I'd rather we got in another striker.

GorillaJu

Holtby doesn't really play Sandros position. I think Sandros position we are ok, Parker, Livermore (who will obviously stay now) and Huddlestone.

Our main problem is striker....we have Defoe. Dempsey can play there also but I'd rather we got in another striker.

Holtby can and does play Sandro's position on occasion. If he wasn't going to fill in, why would Spurs be pushing the transfer ahead suddenly, when it was going to be a summer move before?

Arnie

Holtby can and does play Sandro's position on occasion. If he wasn't going to fill in, why would Spurs be pushing the transfer ahead suddenly, when it was going to be a summer move before?

Perhaps so they can play Dembele a little deeper, in Sandro's position, with Holtby assuming more of a creative role ahead.

kharma45

Any links/updates to what has happened to the FM teams thus far? Last I saw we'd been split into two teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom