• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holtby can and does play Sandro's position on occasion. If he wasn't going to fill in, why would Spurs be pushing the transfer ahead suddenly, when it was going to be a summer move before?

Well I don't believe we are pushing it through myself, why would Levy spent a million or so now when he could pay £0 in the summer?

If he is, I don't think we are going to use Holtby in Sandros position regardless, Parker covered both Sandro and Dembele, because he can sit deep or he can get forward (people really don't give him credit for the way he can stride forward) so maybe it's to come in as a Scott Parker replacement on the bench but more likely replace Dembele in games as we know how prone his hips are.

But still don't see Holtby coming now, doesn't German league start again tomorrow? Pretty sure Schalke said if it was to happen they wanted time to get a replacement in?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
*Random post*

2fb6a76e-1291-45f6-b065-0d48f313ca7e.jpg

1ab46a20-d0a9-4a3e-b9e7-1abf0c146a31.jpg

Any links/updates to what has happened to the FM teams thus far? Last I saw we'd been split into two teams.

We are all poo? haha

There is 3 teams now, I added everyone last night, booted it up, we all sucked hard. Teams 2 and 3 lost first 3 games, team 1 drew first two and lost 1...but they played some generated players instead of the gaf players.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We're pushing the Holtby move forward because:

1. It gives us a creative player
2. It gives us another body in midfield

If we are able to pick from Dembele, Parker, Holtby, Huddlestone, and Carroll we should be OK. I wouldn't want to lose Livermore really but I see why we would loan him out. I still like Huddlestone and think he can have a future with us.

The striker issue is not a big deal to me, Togo are in a horrendous group in the ACON with Cote D'Ivoire and Ade will be back soonish. Dempsey can play there if needs must.

But still don't see Holtby coming now, doesn't German league start again tomorrow? Pretty sure Schalke said if it was to happen they wanted time to get a replacement in?

They are already in the process of signing a new midfielder so I expect Holtby to join us now.
Heldt, who recently wrapped up the signing of Dynamo Kiev forward Raffael on loan, has fuelled talk that Germany international Holtby is on his way to North London this month by revealing players could leave.

He told Die Welt newspaper: "This transfer window will not close until the end of the month. We have signed Raffael and it could become a fact that we will sell or buy one or more players this month.

"We will have to wait on a certain progress in some affairs."

Mastadon

Banned
We are all poo? haha

There is 3 teams now, I added everyone last night, booted it up, we all sucked hard. Teams 2 and 3 lost first 3 games, team 1 drew first two and lost 1...but they played some generated players instead of the gaf players.

Just give me all 20's to accurately reflect real life and Team 3 will be golden.

The striker issue is not a big deal to me, Togo are in a horrendous group in the ACON with Cote D'Ivoire and Ade will be back soonish. Dempsey can play there if needs must.

That's the problem, Ade. As much as I have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in the past, this season he is harming us with his lazy and shit performances. Maybe the ACON will give him a kick up the arse but then it's too little too late. Dempsey isn't a striker who you'd ideally want playing up top and is something you would hope will never occur so for me, a striker in to give Ade some competition is a must. One injury to Defoe and our season could very well take a turn for the worse.

Ushojax

That's the problem, Ade. As much as I have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in the past, this season he is harming us with his lazy and shit performances. Maybe the ACON will give him a kick up the arse but then it's too little too late. Dempsey isn't a striker who you'd ideally want playing up top and is something you would hope will never occur so for me, a striker in to give Ade some competition is a must. One injury to Defoe and our season could very well take a turn for the worse.

Ade isn't lazy IMO. He covers a lot of ground and always shows for the ball, I'd never say he doesn't put a shift in. His performances so far have been disrupted by lack of pre season, injuries, suspensions, ACON fiasco.

I don't think he and Defoe go well together and I think Ade would do much better as lone striker, the only time we've seen that in the league was at the Etihad and he did very well. I don't like the 442 we've been using recently, it panders to Defoe too much. We play our best football this and last season in a 4231 with a single striker.

AVB and Steffen have already said they will use Clint as a striker if they have to so I take them at their word. A striker like Negredo would be nice but I wouldn't go mad paying £15m+.

Ian Ayre's been suggesting Liverpool will be offering inventive/bonus based contracts going forwards.

Interesting strategy.

I think Liverpool could really do with domestic FFP coming in. Would be a big big boost for them, more so than even Arsenal I think.

Kyoufu

Ian Ayre's been suggesting Liverpool will be offering inventive/bonus based contracts going forwards.

Interesting strategy.

I think Liverpool could really do with domestic FFP coming in. Would be a big big boost for them, more so than even Arsenal I think.

If a PL club goes over their limit, what would the punishment be? Docked points?

Ade isn't lazy IMO. He covers a lot of ground and always shows for the ball, I'd never say he doesn't put a shift in. His performances so far have been disrupted by lack of pre season, injuries, suspensions, ACON fiasco.

Granted the injury/lack of pre season and ACON fiasco has hindered him but two of those are his fault are they not? Lack of pre-season due to sorting out his financial package and the ACON fiasco just made him look stupid the way he kept saying he won't be going then suddenly he will be going, then the whole bollocks about what you say in private etc.

The 442 formation doesn't work no but then from what we have seen of Adebayor, it could be a risk playing him up top by himself, at least Defoe you know if a chance comes his way he will most likely bury it. Ade you just think "well whats he going to do with this".

For me I think we need another striker regardless of whether Dempsey can play there or not (...he can't, it might be ok for 10 minutes in a game we are winning or just seeing to a close but not in a 90 minutes competitive premier league match).

Competition is always a good thing and an area we have been struggling lately is goals from the two strikers, makes sense to try and get some competition in for them, be it a loan or permanent deal.

LegoArmo

I'd like to see the league return to something like this:

1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham Hotspur
5. Chelsea
-------------------------------------------------------------
20. Manchester City

I'd take a draw against Spurs on Sunday.

Our lead at the top would most likely be cut to 5 points but so be it.

Really? It's at white hart lane, we're being built up as being able to get something against you.

It has 3-0 United written all over it, probably an RVP hatrick too.

If a PL club goes over their limit, what would the punishment be? Docked points?
There are no domestic FFP rules yet but if it does come in I would guess it'd be similar to the UEFA structure.

I think the vote is going to be in the Spring. 4 clubs are definitely against it at the moment. Will need 14 votes to pass.

Ushojax

Really? It's at white hart lane, we're being built up as being able to get something against you.

It has 3-0 United written all over it, probably an RVP hatrick too.

Team that played at OT:

Friedel
Walker Gallas Caulker Vertonghen
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Dempsey Bale
Defoe

Team that will likely play at WHL:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Naughton
Parker Dembele
Lennon Dempsey Bale
Defoe

Of the back 6 those are the only two unchanged positions. I expect a United win because I just can't comprehend us getting 4-6 points off them in one season, but I think it will be a close game. Both sides have improved a lot since we played last.

spidye

http://static.tottenhamhotspur.com//media/images/news/2012-2013-folder-ALL-PIX/PLAYERS/jake-livermore/jake_gen730.jpg[IMG]

and

[IMG]http://www.canaries.co.uk/cms_images/chris-hughton-4x3132-508428_478x359.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

thanks. I have already googled them but I wanted to do a kyofou ;)

Salvadora

Team that played at OT:

Friedel
Walker Gallas Caulker Vertonghen
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Dempsey Bale
Defoe

Team that will likely play at WHL:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Naughton
Parker Dembele
Lennon Dempsey Bale
Defoe

Of the back 6 those are the only two unchanged positions. I expect a United win because I just can't comprehend us getting 4-6 points off them in one season, but I think it will be a close game. Both sides have improved a lot since we played last.
I'll be disappointed if we don't get another Vertonghen vs Rio.

Ushojax

I'll be disappointed if we don't get another Vertonghen vs Rio.

For some insane reason the Dubious Goals Panel took that off Jan and put it down as an Evans OG, despite the original shot being clearly on target. He'll be playing CB though so I doubt we'll see him do that again in this game.

Arnie

You don't need Sneijder. You don't need anyone, roll up your transfer window.
Thought he was quite good in his brief cameo at Old Trafford.

His fitness is crazy though; he only returned to training a few days before the match, and he was in the squad. He keeps himself in very good shape off the field, apparently. A top professional.

Ushojax

QPR new boy Loic Remy has revealed that a game of FIFA with R’s chairman Tony Fernandes helped make up his mind over a move to Loftus Road.

The 26-year-old completed his move to west London yesterday, turning down Newcastle with Arsenal and Tottenham also interested.

“It was a special moment that followed our chat about QPR,” Remy told the club’s official site.

“We just played a game of FIFA - it was good and showed to me what a good person Tony is.

“He showed his human side to me as an owner of the club I wanted to join. It was a special moment for us both.”

ahahahahahahahaha

Salvadora

Wenger, asked about speculation linking Arsenal with the Napoli striker, who has scored 16 Serie A goals this season, said: "Cavani is a player that I like. Will he cost a lot of money? That's for sure. Nobody would deny that. [But] our banker lives just next to me at the moment and he is ready if we find the right player."
My body is ready.

Arnie

Holy shit, Rodlol...

Jack Rodwell has tried everything, including changing his pillow, in an effort to beat his Manchester City injury jinx, according to the Manchester Evening News.

The former Everton midfielder has been blighted by hamstring problems since moving to the reigning Premier League champions in a £12million transfer at the beginning of the season.

Coach Roberto Mancini has admitted that he is 'worried' about the 21-year-old after he suffered his eighth hamstring injury of this current campaign.

However, Rodwell has taken every action to save his Eastlands career including moving house, swapping his car, starting yoga classes and even changing his pillow.

“You have to rule everything out. I have changed my pillow and other silly stuff, but that’s part and parcel of being a footballer,” he told MEN.

“I changed my car completely – I was in a sports car and changed to a Jeep which is more stable for the back and doesn’t put too much stress on it.

“I am also about 10 minutes drive from training now so don’t spend a lot of time in the car. I used to feel a little bit stiff. I moved so I don’t have to drive for too long to get there in the morning.

“I have also started doing yoga. A lot of people said the same happened for Ryan Giggs, that throughout his youth he got a lot of hamstrings. He started yoga, and so have I. I am just trying to do everything right.”

I'd like to bold certain parts but I'd end up bolding the whole thing. He genuinely sounds like my Nan.

@Milanello said:
Milan Channel reports that Milan and Real Madrid are discussing the terms for Kakà's return. It could be a loan deal. Silvio Berlusconi himself is talking with Florentino Perez about bringing him back.

Here we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom