• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibmLR9SqTN3yBp.gif

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Running down the wing.

Still such a quality dribbler.

Lightning

Banned
Curious case of Luis Suarez, though.

One minute he's castigated for not being honest about a handball, the next he's wrong for admitting to a dive in an interview. I get there's context to both situations, but he'll be killed publicly regardless. I think it takes courage to admit to diving, but I also think it was a stupid, and ill-advised move, and one Rodgers was correct to frown upon.
That was during the game and he should have told the truth regarding it. Admitting to diving though is not only asking for the media to hammer you but for referees to not give a shit about you. Suarez gets treated like shit on the field in some games and its his own doing as referees can't be sure if he's genuine or just play acting so they let a lot of things go.

He also needs to stop drawing negative attention to himself and Liverpool all the time. It's not a good thing.

That was during the game and he should have told the truth regarding it. Admitting to diving though is not only asking for the media to hammer you but for referees to not give a shit about you. Suarez gets treated like shit on the field in some games and its his own doing as referees can't be sure if he's genuine or just play acting so they let a lot of things go.

He also needs to stop drawing negative attention to himself and Liverpool all the time. It's not a good thing.
I agree, not a fan of Suarez but he's one hell of a striker. Putting himself in this situation will just make it harder for him to even get a fair response from a referee, seeing as they have to make judgments by the seconds in a match.

Arnie

He needs to avoid giving any form of interview whatsoever, outside of official channels. As Salazar said, why he feels to open his mouth whenever he returns to Uruguay is beyond me, as if South American radio exists in a sheltered bubble.

Bo-Locks

Giggs was excellent. I didn't expect him to last 90 mins, but against a poor West Ham side at home he is able to kill those sides off with a killer through ball or some nice dribbles and crosses down the wings. Fuck starting him at WHL though, that's suicide.

I think he and Scholes get too much shit. They still have a lot to offer, but Fergie relies on them too much. That's his fault, not Giggs' and Scholes'.

The press are definitely going to be at their xenophobic best with this story though.

When Bale pretty much said yeah I dive and I don't give a crap what you think, it went ridiculously un-noticed.

Giggs was excellent. I didn't expect him to last 90 mins, but against a poor West Ham side at home he is able to kill those sides off with a killer through ball or some nice dribbles and crosses down the wings. Fuck starting him at WHL though, that's suicide.

I think he and Scholes get too much shit. They still have a lot to offer, but Fergie relies on them too much. That's his fault, not Giggs' and Scholes'.
Yeah I agree. The last month or so they have been used much more sparingly and been better for it. I still think it's no massive loss to us if they retire, in a playing sense, but I see why Ferguson wants them around. Do think Scholes should retire now (and still think he shouldn't have come back). He needs alot of help and conditions to play a good game. Giggs less so.

elseanio

Which one was the Stoke pen? When he was getting fouled and went down to get the pen?

There has been occasions when he's blatantly 100% dived, but also occasions when he's went down easy under contact. Think it's right to distinguish between the two, but glad the club are dealing with this one.

edit* Never mind, I have no idea what incident he's referring to. Thought it was the one pen that was given this season

Randdalf

OwtjQ.jpg

Looks like a neanderthal.

300px-Lordvoldemort.jpg

He's a good manager tho. He came through the youth system at Man Utd around the same time as Giggs and Scholes. He had to retire when he was 27 because of injury, and successfully sued the surgeon who mistakenly operated on him for £1.5m.

Arnie

Just realised ill get to film Appleton's press conference when he comes to Hillsborough. Bricking it, he'll fucking set a death eater on me or samink.

It's the Anfield game, people. Stoke penalty at the Brittania was a penalty. Dive occurred at Anfield.

Just realised ill get to film Appleton's press conference when he comes to Hillsborough. Bricking it, he'll fucking set a death eater on me or samink.

It's the Anfield game, people. Stoke penalty at the Brittania was a penalty. Dive occurred at Anfield.

Out of interest, what the fuck was he even doing in Uruguay when we have a 6-day break between games?

GQman2121

Banned
Here in the US it's not unheard of for players to be fined by their clubs if they bring negative attention on themselves or their team. Maybe that needs to be apart of Rodgers conversation with Louis. A quid in the cookie jar, so to speak.

Anderson

Here in the US it's not unheard of for players to be fined by their clubs if they bring negative attention on themselves or their team. Maybe that needs to be apart of Rodgers conversation with Louis. A quid in the cookie jar, so to speak.

Players get fined left right and centre but always nothing fees, well to them it is. Need to take away at least 2 months worth to get em scared

dc89

:lol City have Nike next year. Arsenal leave Nike for Adidas.

I'm sure there's a joke here about City taking stuff from Arsenal.

Except you got the worse end of the deal so the joke would be the other way around
Arsenal got more money too lol

I think Suarez will navigate his way out of England to be honest. The hysteria is fairly distracting. A big loss for Liverpool.
I think it's more likely he leaves because he wants to play for a better team than because he can't handle the flak. (And I don't think the former is on the horizon anytime soon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom