• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

No brainer, really.

Watching Bundesliga highlights from week 17. Fuck, Ter Stegan's going to be a brilliant keeper. Shakiri and Gotze are both class. Mainz play lovely football.

Ter Stegen is really good... Adler has been awesome as well. The NT won't need a new GK for more than a decade.

Glad the Bundesliga is back this weekend.

Clegg

If DDG really goes to Barca then who would United get?

If they followed the same route as last time then our number one target would be Ter Stegen.

But Fergie might not want to go down the young keeper route again....

All hypothetical of course. Don't see us selling this summer.

Ter Stegen to Barca has been rumored for some time already. I think he said something like "I don't want to go to Barca", too, although that means nothing of course. But he's not ready for a top club yet.

Salvadora

If they followed the same route as last time then our number one target would be Ter Stegen.

Begović sounds like the best bet.

Scum

All hypothetical of course. Don't see us selling this summer.

Krul?

Clegg

Wenger on Cavani.

Napoli are playing for the championship and the Champions League in Italy. So what is the interest of Napoli to sell Cavani? None. Unless you say, ‘Okay, we pay twice the price of what the player is worth.’

"He is also cup-tied for the Champions League on top of that - all the players who can strengthen us are cup-tied in the Champions League.

Kenwyne Jones wouldn't be cup tied, maybe that's who Wenger really wants.

Still, I think only someone with money to burn can get Cavani, plus as Wenger says, cup tied is no good for them.

...Drogba? D:

Wenger on Cavani.

Why did he say he was interested in Cavani and then go and say that after? It's like he doesn't bother to check if a deal is even possible before talking about it. He did the same thing with Holtby as well.

Kenwyne Jones wouldn't be cup tied, maybe that's who Wenger really wants.

Still, I think only someone with money to burn can get Cavani, plus as Wenger says, cup tied is no good for them.

...Drogba? D:

Kenwyne Jones could end up with us if we don't sort something out soon.

Wenger was joking about Cavani. He even said some crap about how his banker lives nextdoor and he's going to go and ask him.

It was a silly rumour and he just ran with it.

dc89

Anyone else heard the rumour regarding City going after 17 year old Will Hughes who plays for Derby. He plays in their first team already and looks quite a player having started around 26 consecutive games for them so far this season.

Platt has been to watch him a few times.

#SuarezHughesFuture

Scum

Why did he say he was interested in Cavani and then go and say that after? It's like he doesn't bother to check if a deal is even possible before talking about it. He did the same thing with Holtby as well.

Kenwyne Jones could end up with us if we don't sort something out soon.

He's just trying hard to give off the, "I've been very active in the transfer window!" vibe to cheer people up.

Apparently Moyes is also keen on signing M'villa...
Oh Dear.

I saw this earlier today. Fel out?

Clegg

Anyone else heard the rumour regarding City going after 17 year old Will Hughes who plays for Derby. He plays in their first team already and looks quite a player having started around 26 consecutive games for them so far this season.

#SuarezHughesFuture

You must be trolling now.

dc89

You must be trolling now.

You've got me confused. I don't understand how I am trolling. Unless I'm trolling myself unintentionally?!

Edit: I see it was posted at 6pm. I don't have time to go and read the whole bloody thread :lol I genuinely didn't see it!

Wes

venison crêpe

Seen him play a few times. He's really rather exceptional for such a young age. Very confident and has quick feet.

He's been linked to at least a dozen premier league sides though so until something more definitive is known... Anyway, I don't think he'll leave until the Summer and if he did I think he'd be loaned back to Derby to continue his progress.

Yen

#SuarezHughesFuture
He's a massive Liverpool fan.

#SuarezHughesFuture

Fry

Goalkeepers Barcelona have been following past months: De Gea, Guaita, Ter Stegen, Neuer, Stekelenburg, and Courtois [sport]

iLxyqHZBxcOnR.jpg

Arnie

So we're going to offer Sneijder an offer that means he'd have to cut a third of his salary, but one that puts him alongside the likes of Suarez, Gerrard, Agger, and Pepe. Let's see if his comments about his decision being about football, and not purely financial, were wind. Galatasary will offer slightly more than us, almost £20,000 more per week, but he'd be playing in Turkey (in the Champions League, though).

I expect the circus to erupt tomorrow. All papers have been briefed of our 'interest' today, so we'll see if we're bullshitting slightly, too.

After the furore this week regarding player ages and contracts, this is the sort of signing FSG could really do with.

dc89

Seen him play a few times. He's really rather exceptional for such a young age. Very confident and has quick feet.

He's been linked to at least a dozen premier league sides though so until something more definitive is known... Anyway, I don't think he'll leave until the Summer and if he did I think he'd be loaned back to Derby to continue his progress.

He's a massive Liverpool fan.

#SuarezHughesFuture

hmm, very interesting! Thank you for your input, it's much better than "oh he must be trolling now". Even "posted yesterday" is more useful than that. Like Viva :D

Neuer is really inconsistent though. So are other young German keepers (still much less so, than say - Hart, but Neuer is not really all that young anymore.

Yen

So we're going to offer Sneijder an offer that means he'd have to cut a third of his salary, but one that puts him alongside the likes of Suarez, Gerrard, Agger, and Pepe. Let's see if his comments about his decision being about football, and not purely financial, were wind. Galatasary will offer slightly more than us, almost £20,000 more per week, but he'd be playing in Turkey (in the Champions League, though).

I expect the circus to erupt tomorrow. All papers have been briefed of our 'interest' today, so we'll see if we're bullshitting slightly, too.

After the furore this week regarding player ages and contracts, this is the sort of signing FSG could really do with.
What's going on? Are Liverpool interested or are you extracting the urine with some ITK shenanigans?

fuenf

Neuer is really inconsistent though. So are other young German keepers (still much less so, than say - Hart, but Neuer is not really all that young anymore.

Well, 26 is still relatively young for a GK. I don't think it's fair to call Neuer inconsistent, yes his playstyle is high risk but Adler, for example, had just as many mistakes in the first half of the season. The only difference is that Adler gets to save 10-12 balls every game (compared to Neuer's 3-5), it's hard to judge if you are not watching the Bayern games but Neuer is really good at defusing the situation before there's any danger.

Is Zieler a good keeper?

He's like Joe Hart.

Turkey has a significantly lower tax rate though, so that difference in earnings is actually quite a bit more than that.

dc89

Well, 26 is still relatively young for a GK. I don't think it's fair to call Neuer inconsistent, yes his playstyle is high risk but Adler, for example, had just as many mistakes in the first half of the season. The only difference is that Adler gets to save 10-12 balls every game (compared to Neuer's 3-5), it's hard to judge if you are not watching the Bayern games but Neuer is really good at defusing the situation before there's any danger.

He's like Joe Hart.

A champion?

Arnie

What's going on? Are Liverpool interested or are you extracting the urine with some ITK shenanigans?

Echo, Times (Barrett), Guardian (Hunter), all saying we want him, but we'd require him to accept reduced wage demands. Specifically, around a third less than what he currently earns at Inter. Sneijder commented earlier in the week to declare his preference to remain patient in the face of an offer from Galatasary, because his decision would be football based, not wholly financially.

Ayre talked earlier this week about offering revised contracts based on player performance, as well as image rights, and I imagine Sneijder falls under this bracket. Whilst his basic salary would match that of our highest earners, if he performs as his status says he should then he'll raise that amount quite considerably. With him being 28, too, it's probably as old as FSG are willing to go in the wake of the Joe Cole fiasco, in terms of securing older players on hearty contracts.

I'm intrigued. Every paper is running with this tomorrow, so Liverpool have leaked this interest purposefully. This comes from Liverpool. Whether it's FSG trying to appease supporters by offering the illusion of grander designs for the club, I'm not sure, but if we do manage to swoop and capture him, it'll put to rest many of the arguments some fans have about player profile, and be a welcome addition for the likes of Gerrard, who wants to see abled competitors rather than just young talents.

We've saved £160,000 on further wages this window, and whilst a small portion of that is going to Sturridge, there's still a large enough kitty to pay Sneijder without going over.

If Galatasaray are going to pay him £100k after tax Liverpool have to pay him £200k to match it...
Liverpool will offer him around £65,000 to £80,000 after tax. This puts him in the top wage bracket, alongside other established senior internationals. It also precludes performance based bonuses and image rights deals, so the potential to reach that £100,000 figure is still evident.

It's whether Wes accepts that, or would rather guarantee a far stabler wage package in an inferior league, playing with worse players.

Yen

Echo, Times (Barrett), Guardian (Hunter), all saying we want him, but we'd require him to accept reduced wage demands. Specifically, around a third less than what he currently earns at Inter. Sneijder commented earlier in the week to declare his preference to remain patient in the face of an offer from Galatasary, because his decision would be football based, not wholly financially.

Ayre talked earlier this week about offering revised contracts based on player performance, as well as image rights, and I imagine Sneijder falls under this bracket. Whilst his basic salary would match that of our highest earners, if he performs as his status says he should then he'll raise that amount quite considerably. With him being 28, too, it's probably as old as FSG are willing to go in the wake of the Joe Cole fiasco, in terms of securing older players on hearty contracts.

I'm intrigued. Every paper is running with this tomorrow, so Liverpool have leaked this interest purposefully. This comes from Liverpool. Whether it's FSG trying to appease supporters by offering the illusion of grander designs for the club, I'm not sure, but if we do manage to swoop and capture him, it'll put to rest many of the arguments some fans have about player profile, and be a welcome addition for the likes of Gerrard, who wants to see abled competitors rather than just young talents.

We've saved £160,000 on further wages this window, and whilst a small portion of that is going to Sturridge, there's still a large enough kitty to pay Sneijder without going over.

Liverpool will offer him around £65,000 to £80,000 after tax. This puts him in the top wage bracket, alongside other established senior internationals. It also precludes performance based bonuses and image rights deals, so the potential to reach that £100,000 figure is still evident.

It's whether Wes accepts that, or would rather guarantee a far stabler wage package in an inferior league, playing with worse players.
I'm trying not to get hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom