• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

I went to see Leinster play in the rugby last Saturday.

It was fucking freezing. They served hot whiskeys in the bar at half time.

<3

Arnie

I'm going to Bath vs Exeter Ruggers next weekend. I'm going to consume so much cider in the stand i might wet myself.

When i was at the CB40 cricket final last year i drank about 10 pints of Stowford Press at £4 a pint.

At saints i get a magners at half time if im lucky. Shit sucks.

I neck a pint of Carlsberg at half time, that's it. I usually get a pint in before the match, but don't really drink after. Luckily I'm a fucking sprout so two pints in a day and I'm like John Terry at a wedding.

GorillaJu

So United couldn't get Sneijder last year but there's a chance he'll take a pay cut to come to Liverpool?

Wilbury must be busy dipping his balls in the fryer at Nando's trying to get rid of his depression-boner.

Sloosha

I'm going to Bath vs Exeter Ruggers next weekend. I'm going to consume so much cider in the stand i might wet myself.

When i was at the CB40 cricket final last year i drank about 10 pints of Stowford Press at £4 a pint.

At saints i get a magners at half time if im lucky. Shit sucks.

You're going to the Rec? Used to go watch Bath all the time when I was younger.

Wilbur

Banned
So United couldn't get Sneijder last year but there's a chance he'll take a pay cut to come to Liverpool?

Wilbury must be busy dipping his balls in the fryer at Nando's trying to get rid of his depression-boner.

I didn't want Sneijder then and I don't want him now. He'll just ostracise Kagawa even further.

Clegg

He has to take a paycut no matter what happens. Inter wouldn't play him unless he agreed to a reduced salary.

18 months ago, Sneijder was still seen as worth the huge salary.

Tha Destiny

Neo Member
Yes, because we're not allowed to drink beer whilst watching the match.

Fuck England.

Is this for real in all PL matches? Insane, I knew that the Englisch Football Culture is dying slowly. But thats a real shame.

On the other hand, in the Dutch eredivsie you get light beer with 3% alcohol. Doens't taste very well.

pulga

Banned
So i think i fixed the FM GAF. I decided to add 100 to 140 CA and -9 pa to everyone.

I changed everyone's age too.

I started a new game and we won our first friendly against 1860 Munich. Linius scored the winning goal.

Here's the team!

I have to leave right now. So I'll finish fixing the other teams tonight.

Did you take me out of Team 2, you cunt?!

Hahaha I noticed that, nothing to do with me! I never added someone called 'Cunt'. Unless my memory is getting really bad haha.

:lol YAAYYYY

Who is 'Cunt' btw hahaha

you motherfucker

Timurid

Sneider's options are simple:

go to a mediocre, mid-table football team in cultureless, wet, old England.

or

Go to an ascending club with renewed vigour, play in the champs league, get paid more, enjoy the crossroads of the world and it's culture and food. Plus Eboue.

Bringing truth to the youth.

:lol You're awesome!

Pulga, you are the Cunt on my team!

Arnie

Is this for real in all PL matches? Insane, I knew that the Englisch Football Culture is dying slowly. But thats a real shame.

On the other hand, in the Dutch eredivsie you get light beer with 3% alcohol. Doens't taste very well.
Yes, they sell it before the game, and during half time (unless you're an away fan, at certain grounds), and you aren't allowed to carry it into the stands. You're forced to neck a pint in 15 minutes or so in the bowels of the stadium.
Kagawa will be at Dortmund next season like Sahin.

I've never seen so many people fawn over such an underperforming talent before.

I read comments at the weekend that amounted to 'give Kagawa the ball', yet he was United's least effective player. Whatever his problem is, he's certainly got one.

GUYS DJANGO UNCHAINED IS OUT TOMORROW/TODAY OMGGGGG

Who is going to see it?
Might go in the evening if I get a lot of work done in the day, although my mates are the sort of people who won't go to the cinema unless it's orange wednesday.

They don't appreciate films like I do, sadly.

Salvadora

I've never seen so many people fawn over such an underperforming talent before.

I read comments at the weekend that amounted to 'give Kagawa the ball', yet he was United's least effective player. Whatever his problem is, he's certainly got one.

It really is a sight to see and no doubt will continue all season despite lackluster performances.

Wilbur

Banned
But you've still got a vice grip on his?

I shall never remove it. Ever.

It really is a sight to see and no doubt will continue all season despite lackluster performances.

And yet you spurt your load every time Cazorla wafts his foot past the ball, despite not having the excuse of return from injury to back up his below par performances.

Kagawa has been underwhelming so far but I attribute that to lack of match fitness and being played out of position.

Salvadora

And yet you spurt your load every time Cazorla wafts his foot past the ball, despite not having the excuse of return from injury to back up his below par performances.

Kagawa has been underwhelming so far but I attribute that to lack of match fitness and being played out of position.
Cazorla has actually demonstrated his talent unlike Kagawa.

Clegg

I shall never remove it. Ever.

I fairness, most Arsenal fans here have admitted that Cazorla has been underperforming.

It's just Meus that was laying it on thick.

Arnie

Don't compare Cazorla and Kagawa, one's yet to display an ounce of the ability that brought him here, one demonstrated it right away. Cazorla had people saying £16 million was a snip, Kagawa's barely looked worth half of that fee.

Wilbur

Banned
You didn't want RvP either, though.

Different cases though; our only top class striker was Rooney, but we bought Kagawa specifically to play where he plays (or so I thought :lol, but utilised on the wing).

It didnt make sense to me that we would buy RVP when we need a midfielder more than a striker, but that doesn't mean we didn't need a striker. Where Snejider would play, we don't need anybody. Rooney, Young and Kagawa can all play there. Why would we want someone on massive wages who's had one great season in his life, who isn't exactly young and who's not had any game time this season?

It's a bad business decision and from my point of view its a bad footballing decision.

Cazorla has actually demonstrated his talent unlike Kagawa.

He's stood out maybe twice, three times. Can only remember West Ham.

I'm a very big fan of Cazorla, and was pretty vocal about that during the Euros and when he joined Arsenal. But he's hardly been consistently good all season. Shinji's just come back from injury and unlike Cazorla, is being played out of position.

edit: Arnie, same applies here. I really like Cazorla. He was a bargain. Just hasn't been that great.

Fry

Cazorla's had the same problem as Hazard: inconsistency, but both already demonstrated what they're capable of.

GorillaJu

Kagawa actually had a decent game against Liverpool.

Don't see what the problem is tbh.

Don't think so myself. Cleverly and even Welbeck outclassed him in that game. He had one good defensive moment – taking the ball off Wisdom, if I recall correctly – and a decent shot on goal that drew a fine save from Reina. Otherwise ineffective. Carrick is streets ahead of Kagawa.

Salvadora

Arsenal have been woeful at times this season, looking barely able to string a couple of passes together. I think Cazorla has not always preformed to his best this season but gets a bit of unfair flak because of just how badly some of the players around him are playing. I'm forever wondering what it would be like if we had someone like RVP up front.

Arsenal have been woeful at times this season, looking barely able to string a couple of passes together. I think Cazorla has not always preformed to his best this season but gets a bit of unfair flak because of just how badly some of the players around him are playing. I'm forever wondering what it would be like if we had someone like RVP up front.

Don't worry, Chamakh will come back after his 6 month dead spell at Death Ham, and win us the league.

Believe.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't think so myself. Cleverly and even Welbeck outclassed him in that game. He had one good defensive moment – taking the ball off Wisdom, if I recall correctly – and a decent shot on goal that drew a fine save from Reina. Otherwise ineffective. Carrick is streets ahead of Kagawa.

I thought he was pretty good at times, but he was trying to influence the game where there was no room because Welbeck was in his position. There was passages of play where he'd play a few one two touches with different players and generally linked up quite well with Evra, but he's being asked to play in a position that means he's defending far more than he's used to, has space that he can't use effectively because he isn't a wing player, and constantly has to come into an area where there's not enough space. I don't really blame him. He has to step up his game a little for sure but he's just come back from injury and he's being asked to do something he doesn't usually do.

I thought he looked great against Everton in our first game, our only good outfield player, and I think he looked good against Fulham as well, and both times he played behind the striker. I'm really hoping Fergie realised that all his best moments against Liverpool came when he'd drifted inside.

Clegg

Other players had better games but that shouldn't take away from what was a decent Kagawa performance.

He hasn't played as well as I'd hoped he would but he's getting more involved in our performances. His best game for us was probably against Spurs but he got injured soon after that.

If he's still struggling in March then I'll start to get concerned. But right now I'm ok with the way he's been playing.

He was crap against West Ham though. Like, seriously awful.

GorillaJu

Since your strikers aren't participating in the build up anyway, I'd think Wenger could do well to pick up someone like Jelavic, a true goal poacher. Arsenal make a number of high quality chances in every match they just don't finish them off enough.

Btw, why do people think Welbeck is crap? He's a pretty decent player IMO, obv not up there with Van Persie and Grannyshagger and Sinead O'Connor, but meh.

Fry

Btw, why do people think Welbeck is crap? He's a pretty decent player IMO, obv not up there with Van Persie and Grannyshagger and Sinead O'Connor, but meh.

I think he's a pretty good player for his age, albeit can be quite wasteful. He'll always be overshadowed in a team that has Robin Van Rapist, Shrek and Poacherito, though.

GorillaJu

I thought he was pretty good at times, but he was trying to influence the game where there was no room because Welbeck was in his position. There was passages of play where he'd play a few one two touches with different players and generally linked up quite well with Evra, but he's being asked to play in a position that means he's defending far more than he's used to, has space that he can't use effectively because he isn't a wing player, and constantly has to come into an area where there's not enough space. I don't really blame him. He has to step up his game a little for sure but he's just come back from injury and he's being asked to do something he doesn't usually do.

I thought he looked great against Everton in our first game, our only good outfield player, and I think he looked good against Fulham as well, and both times he played behind the striker. I'm really hoping Fergie realised that all his best moments against Liverpool came when he'd drifted inside.

But why is he excused for not being adaptable? It's the manager's or other players' faults for him being ineffective in all but one role? You'd expect top players at a league-leading club to be at the very least good in more than one position, like David Silva or Juan Mata.

Other players had better games but that shouldn't take away from what was a decent Kagawa performance.

He hasn't played as well as I'd hoped he would but he's getting more involved in our performances. His best game for us was probably against Spurs but he got injured soon after that.

If he's still struggling in March then I'll start to get concerned. But right now I'm ok with the way he's been playing.

He was crap against West Ham though. Like, seriously awful.

My friend's dad, who never even watched football except from the background when we watch games at my friend's parents' house was going mental at Kagawa during the West Ham game. :lol I actually had to defend him in that instance.

Wilbur

Banned
Forgot about Spurs, he played behind RVP then as well and was really good. I really fucking hope Fergie puts him in his favoured position. I'd hate to see him flop and it be partially because of SAF's failings.

Welbeck was really good against Liverpool until he got in the box.

Salvadora

Since your strikers aren't participating in the build up anyway, I'd think Wenger could do well to pick up someone like Jelavic, a true goal poacher. Arsenal make a number of high quality chances in every match they just don't finish them off enough.

There really isn't an excuse. We have the money, the problem is clear for everyone to see & if we don't do anything in all probability we'll drop out of the top 4. Which means we could be seriously fucked long term. So spend the fucking money, Arsene.

Clegg

Welbeck is very quick, makes intelligent runs, will harry and press all day for you and is usually one of the hardest workers on the pitch.

But he's a bit clumsy on the ball sometimes and he hasn't shown any real composure when given chances to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom