• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Adkins sacking makes no sense.
Goalkeeper?
Timurid is clearly trolling.
The-Real-Madrid-No1-goalk-008.jpg

Oxx

Feels like Christmas. Sitting around watching crappy tv with nothing to do but eat.

World Cup final 2010 is on, though.

3Sixty

Southampton Football Club has appointed Mauricio Pochettino as First Team Manager having relieved Nigel Adkins of his duties. #saintsfc

Offical.

WHAT THE FUCK, FUCK RIGHT FUCKING OFF.

2 losses in 11, and they were only 1-0.

14 points from the last 10 games. He was on track to keep them up.

I think Adkins can easily get another job at a low PL team or a upper table Championship side but I really feel for him because if Soton stay up this season they have pretty good foundations to become a stable PL club.

Wilbur

Banned
2 consecutive promotions, good performance so far and get sacked?

bad, bad decision

Awful, awful decision.

2 losses in 11, and they were only 1-0.

14 points from the last 10 games. He was on track to keep them up.

I think Adkins can easily get another job at a low PL team or a upper table Championship side but I really feel for him because if Soton stay up this season they have pretty good foundations to become a stable PL club.

Yeah, if they stay up then I reckon they're here to stay for a while, but I have no sympathy for them whatsoever if they go down now. Hope Adkins gets back on his feet somewhere.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adkins sacking is an absurd decision. He had got them onto a good steady run of form and they were nicking points off big teams. Absolutely stupid.

Also lol at the length of Walcott's new contract. Just the right length for him to leave in 18 months for £20m.

Tc91

Why the fuck would they sack Adkins? Southampton have really impressed me this season, 2-2 draw with Chelski, 1-1 with Arselol, came close to getting something out of both Manchester clubs and they are playing well at the moment.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Adkins sacking is an absurd decision. He had got them onto a good steady run of form and they were nicking points off big teams. Absolutely stupid.

Also lol at the length of Walcott's new contract. Just the right length for him to leave in 18 months for £20m.
He is going to leave in 2 and a half years time. He will be 25 with one year left on his contract.

It will be the usual, I have one year left and I am not signing a new contract so sell more for half price trick the rest have deployed.

Smart from him IMO - gets a nice wage, stays at Arsenal where he is comfortable and will be able to play regularly and he will be hoping he can kick on and a get move to a club competing for big honours paying him big wages in 2 years.

Is Mauricio Pochettino likely to play Lambert or should I remove him from my FPL team?

Could be worse, you could be second from bottom in League 1 with an incoming points deduction.
LOL i'm thinking the exact same re:- Puncheon

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rodwell both fit for Man City v Fulham tomorrow #MCFCl

Well how fit do you really need to be to sit on the bench?
3AQmK.gif

Juve-GAF: I'll be at the Juventus Stadium to see Juve-Lazio on the 22nd.

And I'll wear my Milan scarf.

Oh shiiit!
KuGsj.gif

Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Ogbonna, Ranocchia. Those are your Italian CBs for the next two world cups. If Astori is on that list, he's last.

It's rather unfortunate, but the frog is playing quite well this season.

Ushojax

This new Soton manager almost took Espanyol down last season, WTF are the board playing at? Adkins will get another good job soon IMO, he looks capable of managing at the top level. I can see him taking a promotion hopeful and bringing them up.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
I have been told 2day a great friend of mine will get his dream come true! U will all be talking about it later. What a clever replacement!

People might think its a bit left field but two of the cleaverest guys are about to be given a superjob. We'll celebrate later

Good luck Pochettino! Sad to see Adkins go but the Saints got a superb manager with a vision

lol what a nob

GorillaJu

I can't believe Adkins was sacked. Fucking class manager who was doing so well with a promoted side. I was really rooting for Southampton to do well this season, but now I just want them to get relegated so Liverpool can pinch Luke Shaw.

3Sixty

Fuck off Balague you muggy cunt.

Going to be a massive backlash Monday night, and its on TV.

I kid you not when i say Adkins had 100% fan approval. Its like RDM but actually a good manager.

madmackem

Sorry saints fan but i hope yous go down now. Fucking shocking that after two promotions and looking good to stay up, football fucking sucks at times like this madness.

Blablurn

Alright, Heynckes gave an interesting interview. Last summer, he already knew that he will probably retire after this season. But he also told Hoeneß: In case you don't find a better one, I'm staying for one more year.

Ushojax

First thing first - Pochettino will be doing a press conference at 2:30pm - with an interpreter - he doesn't speak English!

Soton are already dead

Wilbur

Banned
I get the feeling that the Southampton board believed they couldn't attract the players they wanted with Nigel Adkins as manager.

Ramirez was a great coup, Astori's been rumoured a fair amount. Fuck the board. Fucking morons.

Alright, Heynckes gave an interesting interview. Last summer, he already knew that he will probably retire after this season. But he also told Hoeneß: In case you don't find a better one, I'm staying for one more year.

See, that's a bit of a problem for me. It seems like he's doing what Fergie did and retiring because he's old, as opposed to actually wanting to retire. Should have stayed on as long as he wanted to. I suppose Guardiola wasn't going to be available for long though.

Fucking travesty of a decision, it really is.

3Sixty

Its simple guys.

Cortese wants to manage the club, thats why he is bringing in some no mark mouth piece has "Head Coach".

I hope we get relegated,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom