• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

lfc putting a bid in for sneijder this weekend

Aye, it's happening.

Whether he accepts a pay cut or not, however, is very much uncertain. I personally feel he'll reject our contract offer and go to Galatasary, despite his comments this week about wanting the right footballing decision.

Fry

I'm ok with this.
iKmmmdHMxjC92.png

Marca reports that FC Bayern are interested in Malaga's Isco

It begins.

It's better to ignore any Bayern transfer news until the Pep effect has vanished. Since Pep signed for Bayern the rumors have been ridiculous: Neymar, Valdes, Götze, Isco, Deulofeu, Busquets and half of Barca's youth teams off the top of my head.

You'll probably just end up with a new striker.

PowderedToast

Aye, it's happening.

Whether he accepts a pay cut or not, however, is very much uncertain. I personally feel he'll reject our contract offer and go to Galatasary, despite his comments this week about wanting the right footballing decision.

yeah, despite him saying it's not about the money you can't really take a players word in these circumstances. i hope the lure of the premiership pulls him here, at 28 this would pretty much be his last chance to play in england.

Fry

It's better to ignore any Bayern transfer news until the Pep effect has vanished. Since Pep signed for Bayern the rumors have been ridiculous: Neymar, Valdes, Götze, Isco, Deulofeu, Busquets and half of Barca's youth teams off the top of my head.

You'll probably just end up with a new striker.

Yeah, I know, and we also don't know who he'll want to keep in the team either. You guys go on about Gomez and Robben leaving, but I very much doubt it. Bayern doesn't sell star players just like that. Gomez's been very impressive since his come back and he's been passing the ball quite nicely too.

The Express are saying United are back in for Eriksen.
De Boer has just said he's been offered a new contract. If he rejects it then I assume he will leave in the summer. Not sure what we would do with him though.

Speaking of new contracts, Walcott has landed himself a £3m bonus as part of his new deal.

Wowzers. Arsenal paying up.

Aye, it's happening.

The fact he's held out on Galatasaray for so long would make me hopeful if I were a Liverpool fan.

He clearly does not fancy it.

Yeeeeaaah

Young is fit.

Give me

----------DeGOD
Raf--Rio--------Vidic--Evra
------Clev----Carrick
---------Kagawa
---Waz----RVP---Young

Or something. I don't know. Just win plz.

I'd go for:

-------------DeGOD------------
Raf----Rio------Smalling---Evra
---------Clev----Carrick--------
-------------Roonlby-------------
---Fearless----RVP---Shinji-san

Edit: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Slizz

Wait, why is everyone putting Vidic in their lineups? Isn't he hurt or at the very least sore?

Raf - Smalling - Rio - Evra

Arnie

The fact he's held out on Galatasaray for so long would make me hopeful if I were a Liverpool fan.

He clearly does not fancy it.

You wouldn't, would you.

This is his final chance to play in England, as Toast said, so hopefully he accepts a lesser contract. And one that still puts him on par with the likes of Suarez and Gerrard, who're hardly lesser players.

Clegg

De Boer has just said he's been offered a new contract. If he rejects it then I assume he will leave in the summer. Not sure what we would do with him though.

Speaking of new contracts, Walcott has landed him a £3m bonus as part of his new deal.

Wowzers. Arsenal paying up.

Fergie would probably try to play him as a CM.

He's still only 20 too.

Seems like he's been around forever.

You wouldn't, would you.

This is his final chance to play in England, as Toast said, so hopefully he accepts a lesser contract. And one that still puts him on par with the likes of Suarez and Gerrard, who're hardly lesser players.
Istanbul is a lovely lovely place you know!

Genuinely is everyone should visit it.

Yeah I think if Liverpool do make this bid he will go for it. And I reckon he and the club could happily negotiate some kind of "CL qualification" wage bump which works for everyone.

Yeah, I know, and we also don't know who he'll want to keep in the team either. You guys go on about Gomez and Robben leaving, but I very much doubt it. Bayern doesn't sell star players just like that. Gomez's been very impressive since his come back and he's been passing the ball quite nicely too.

There's no way there will be a big change in the team unless Bayern fucks it up big time until May. But even if you would, Hoeneß and the rest would probably believe Pep could make them actually win things.

About Gomez, as I said when Pep signed, Gomez was Hoeneß' last big transfer, no way he's leaving. Van Buyten, Tymoshshhshhskkckckuckkckckshch and maybe Pizarro (if Pep wants a different striker) out, that's probably it.

spidye

I'm ok with this.
iKmmmdHMxjC92.png

all joking aside I really think we're going for Isco or another good winger since ribery will be 30 this april.
we have to look for a substitute

makes me sad to think ribery won't be there at some point
There's no way there will be a big change in the team unless Bayern fucks it up big time until May. But even if you would, Hoeneß and the rest would probably believe Pep could make them actually win things.

About Gomez, as I said when Pep signed, Gomez was Hoeneß' last big transfer, no way he's leaving. Van Buyten, Tymoshshhshhskkckckuckkckckshch and maybe Pizarro (if Pep wants a different striker) out, that's probably it.

those three will definitely go. they're all beyond 34

Arnie

Who is reporting that we're putting a bid in?
Pretty much everyone.

We'll match Galatasary's offer to Inter, but offer Sneijder a less lucrative contract.
Istanbul is a lovely lovely place you know!

Genuinely is everyone should visit it.

Yeah I think if Liverpool do make this bid he will go for it. And I reckon he and the club could happily negotiate some kind of "CL qualification" wage bump which works for everyone.

Bonus upon Champions League Qualification - £1 million and a vial of Arnie's warm semen.

faridmon

OK, guys, I need a help or two: I am preparing a party tomorrow (Well I am trying to have the theme very indie theme) and I am playing bunch of Music vidoes. Any Suggstions? I could post the music I picked but it could be long, but if you guys don't mind, I could do it.

3Sixty

#saintsfc Pochettino has brought a full backroom staff with him, Adkins' first team coaching staff all gone.

Great no one to help the transition.

Down with the Villa, we're going down with the Villa.

Salazar

Doron Salomon ‏@DoronSalomon
Interesting from Fergie today - says Fletcher had to change his role and may have to be a holding midfielder from now on. Real shame

That's not going to work for us.

Randdalf

#saintsfc Pochettino has brought a full backroom staff with him, Adkins' first team coaching staff all gone.

Great no one to help the transition.

Down with the Villa, we're going down with the Villa.

Aren't they going to need to hire an enormous team of translators? Perhaps Mourinho could help out.

dc89

Wow this is interesting. And I don't think it's been posted either >.>.

"Manicini very open and honest last night. Says no incoming players this month at #MCFC, says Yaya best player he has managed tbc.."

"Mancini also said Mario&Carlos will stay he prefers characters in his team. Mystified as to why RVP didn't sign, felt he was #mcfc bound."

https://twitter.com/SportsAgentJHC/status/292266737397813248

Mancini was at some sort of fundraiser iirc

---

Also slowclap.GIF at the employee who tweeted for Tesco last night about how it's late and they're ready to hit the hay.

Glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom