• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this is interesting. And I don't think it's been posted either >.>.

"Manicini very open and honest last night. Says no incoming players this month at #MCFC, says Yaya best player he has managed tbc.."

"Mancini also said Mario&Carlos will stay he prefers characters in his team. Mystified as to why RVP didn't sign, felt he was #mcfc bound."

https://twitter.com/SportsAgentJHC/status/292266737397813248

Mancini was at some sort of fundraiser iirc

:lol

:lol :lol

Bumhead

Banned
Adkins decision is a joke. I'd like to have said this would be a good time for us to sack Jones - if we were going to - and bring Adkins in, but he will have a decent pick of future Premier League jobs from here on in I assume, not sides at the bottom end of the second tier. A bit like Chris Houghton, this is the sort of sacking where his stock only increases because of this really.

bjaelke

Swansea City FC ‏@SwansOfficial
Michael Laudrup confirmed today that their have been bids for Danny Graham, and says new man Roland Lamah will be in squad tomorrow.

Norwich and Sunderland allegedly. Danny is a Newcastle fan.

Bumhead

Banned
He's worth £100k because Arsenal bollocksed themselves into a situation where suddenly Theo Walcott is one of the best players at the club and is able to play hardball over such demands.

It's entirely Arsenal's fault Walcott has that contract.

Looking forward to Le Tissier's thoughts. On the one hand, he can't say too much if he wants to keep his ambassadorial role(assuming he has one.) One the other, its a fucking ridiculous move by the board

He's worth £100k because Arsenal bollocksed themselves into a situation where suddenly Theo Walcott is one of the best players at the club and is able to play hardball over such demands.

It's entirely Arsenal's fault Walcott has that contract.

Entirely agree. He is in no way good enough to merit that wage. But Arsenal have to be seen to be keeping their 'best' players lest there be a fan revolt.

I'd be pissed if I were an Arsenal fan. I'd want to see him sold for ~£20 million and actually get someone good in (unlikely I know).

Oxx

Looking forward to Le Tissier's thoughts. On the one hand, he can't say too much if he wants to keep his ambassadorial role(assuming he has one.) One the other, its a fucking ridiculous move by the board

BREAKING: He was saying stuff on SSN earlier, but I wasn't listening.

3Sixty

Le Tiss is at long term loggerheads with the Chairman. He will tear him apart.

GQman2121

Banned
Good for Walcott on getting fucking paid. He's earned it. I don't know if he's earned those types of wages, but that's what happens when you let shit slide for so long. Arsenal's board got a exactly what they should have expected to get with this deal.

Adkins getting sacked is weird. There has to be more to that story than what's being reported. You don't bring someone in who has no experience in England--and a spotty record (33% wins) in charge of a La Liga side--in the middle of the season, to replace someone with one year left on his deal and has guided you to back to back promotions. That just doesn't add up.

Zabojnik

Klopp in the back :lol

Klopp is clearly on something. Coke would be my guess.

Oh shiiit!
KuGsj.gif

It's rather unfortunate, but the frog is playing quite well this season.

He's been doing fine overall, but he's quite terrible when he has to go one vs. one. He gets jumped way too easily. He's not the fastest CB out there, turns slower than my grandma.

I found Django disappointing, but that probably has to do with ultra-high expectations.

Same here. It was an entertaining QT movie, one I felt I've watched before.

Getting the Juve tickets for Tuesday, this line is incredibly slow.

Where are you getting them?

Don't see why the Walcott deal is so outrageous. If Arsenal can afford to pay it then who cares.

It's not about afford, it's about structure, hierarchy and, yes, 'deserve'.

Arsenal are very strange about this sort of thing. They pay people like Djourou eye-watering amounts and then tell top player that they can't match wages with rivals offering on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom