• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. No Zaha. It also decreases the chances of United buying someone like James and increase the threat of their squad even more.

Really doubt we'll bring anyone in this month though and I don't want us to bring in the wrong player and then persevere with them despite knowing it can't work. Gervinho is a perfect example of this.
Come on.

We know Fergie loves his wingers.

We're buying at least two more this summer.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't find any snow pictures of my doggy :(

Oh I know.
3AQmK.gif
#TheArtistlol

Yeah, that was average too!

Missing both matches on Sunday, got work :/

Kyoufu

I just don't fancy watching Denzel Washington fly a plane upside down. In general I'm not a fan of films that centre around planes. Stealth was shit.

Your dog's well cool Sean.

Top Gun you plum. The greatest plane movie in the history of planes.

Hixx

Frazier Campbell is apparently on £30k a week. Brucey bonus...

Mind when he leaves, SAFC will become harder to play as on FIFA. Bringing him on for McClean in last 20 mins was fucking devastating, would pretty much always score.

irrelevant downside but :(

Kyoufu

Frazier Campbell is apparently on £30k a week. Brucey bonus...

Mind when he leaves, SAFC will become harder to play as on FIFA. Bringing him on for McClean in last 20 mins was fucking devastating, would pretty much always score.

irrelevant downside but :(

I found out yesterday that Brucey is a mag.

Hahahaha. Explains everything.

Gladbach's director of sport Max Eberl about Reus:
"If it had been only Bayern, he would have stayed with us. But then, BVB came and I had no chance."

Reus <3

Wilbur

Banned
On Thursday Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insisted that his side were not a one-man team and wholly reliant on hot shot Robin van Persie.

And now he has the stats to back it up as Sportsmail and Opta can reveal that United have a larger number of different goalscorers than any other club in the Barclays Premier League.

United lead the pack with 16 different scorers, ahead of Chelsea and Manchester City who have 14 and 13, respectively.

Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham are adept at spreading the goals around with 12 each, Norwich have 11, and Reading and Southampton have ten each.

Arsenal, Everton, Suderland,West Brom and Wigan will need to show improvement as they have just nine but five clubs, Aston Villa, Newcastle, QPR, Stoke and Swansea, are at the foot of the table with only eight different goalscorers.

The importance of Michu to the Swans, who has 13 of his team's 31 goals is underlined, while Harry Redknapp will be hoping £8million Loic Remy will bring QPR the goalscoring they have so desperately needed.

The eight players who have scored for Redknapp's side only have 17 goals between them, Adel Taarabt leads the charts with just four.

and

Robin van Persie - 17
Javier Hernandez - 8
Wayne Rooney - 7
Patrice Evra - 4
Jonny Evans - 3
Tom Cleverley - 2
Shinji Kagawa - 2
Rafael - 2
Anderson - 1
Alexander Buttner - 1
Darren Fletcher - 1
Nani -1
Nick Powell - 1
Paul Scholes - 1
Nemanja Vidic - 1
Danny Welbeck - 1

Wilbur

Banned
Appalling contribution from our wingers.

Yeah, its shite. For a team based around wing play so much, they aren't half shit. I'm telling you, a return to the Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez 4-3-3 would be lovely.

Clev - Carrick - Ando
Shinji - RVP - Rooney

Also, just saw that United quiz video where Fergie swears :lol :lol :lol fuck I love that old cunt

Nyx

From dusk till dawn>>>>>>>>Pulp Fiction > Django = IB > Jackie Brown > KB > RD >>>>>>>>> Death Proof

*I haven't watched Django.

Jackie Brown >>> Pulp Fiction >>> Reservoir Dogs >>> Kill Bill 1 >>> Kill Bill 2 >>> Inglourious Basterds >>> Django >>> Death Proof

Opinions !

pulga

Banned

looooool Welberg

Yeah, its shite. For a team based around wing play so much, they aren't half shit. I'm telling you, a return to the Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez 4-3-3 would be lovely.

Clev - Carrick - Ando
Shinji - RVP - Rooney

Also, just saw that United quiz video where Fergie swears :lol :lol :lol fuck I love that old cunt

Aren't you guys always harping on about how you don't want Kagawa on the wing? Or is it a front 3 with liberal position swapping?

Wilbur

Banned
Inglourious Basterds > Jackie Brown > Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > Kill Bill vol.1 > Kill Bill vol.2

Aren't you guys always harping on about how you don't want Kagawa on the wing? Or is it a front 3 with liberal position swapping?

Yeah, roaming front three like Ronaldo/Tevez/Rooney years

Wilbur

Banned
I will never understand the IB love. One of my least favourite QT movies next to Death Proof.

I just think its incredible. The opening scene is the best thing he's ever written, Waltz puts in one of the best performances in any of his films, the ending is just pure fucking entertainment, Pitt is really fun in it (and I generally love Pitt anyway), the mise en scene and cinematography is gorgeous... I just love it.

Wilbur

Banned
There is a phrase that goes: "There's no such thing as a wrong opinion." but I believe Fry is trying the hardest to disprove that

Sometimes he comes out with utter bollocks ;) but yeah, I agree on Basterds. There's just something about it. Jackie Brown and Pulp are only marginally behind though. I love everything he's made (but I never got round to Death Proof, the whole family wants to watch it and we just haven't got round to it)

Can't wait for the rumours and number-crunching arounf the PS4 & Xbox 3 to end, and for them to just show us what they're capable of.

@Kyoufu, it depends how much evidence there is to back your opinion up

If you said 'I think FFVII is a short game,' you'd clearly be wrong, but its still a subjective opinion. It just doesn't hold weight when you even analyse it to a skin-deep level

My opinions are right every time, objective and subjective, backed up by evidence or otherwise

I just think its incredible. The opening scene is the best thing he's ever written, Waltz puts in one of the best performances in any of his films, the ending is just pure fucking entertainment, Pitt is really fun in it (and I generally love Pitt anyway), the mise en scene and cinematography is gorgeous... I just love it.

I agree on the opening scene. I felt like the film blew its load and it struggled to stay all that interesting to me after that.

I also felt like Weitz's character became a self-parody by the end (IIRC) and I can't be sure whether that was on purpose or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom