• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Any of you guys have a favourite 'Goal that never was?' - goals that would've gone down as some of the best in history.. if they were only a centimetre further down, if only he had checked his run for one more second, if only the linesman could call it correctly, etc..

Question inspired by this Paolo Di Canio effort:

2h6srk5.gif
30w6ukw.gif

A long time ago now, United were playing Bolton and it was 1-1 with a few minutes to go. Ronaldo cut in from the right and did a few stepovers and took a left footed from 30 yards that hit the bar. Don't know why but I always remember that one.

Similar one against Charlton the season after the World Cup incident. Think it was the second game of the season maybe, first game away, was getting heckled like mad and he took a long shot which hit the bar and everybody STFU.

GorillaJu

I always recall the first shot Downing ever took for Liverpool. Against Sunderland, he went on a great run through the middle and fired a beauty straight off the bar. We ended up drawing 1-1 instead of winning.

I often think if that goal had gone in it'd be a completely different story for Liverpool's 10-11 season.

Tc91

A long time ago now, United were playing Bolton and it was 1-1 with a few minutes to go. Ronaldo cut in from the right and did a few stepovers and took a left footed from 30 yards that hit the bar. Don't know why but I always remember that one.

Similar one against Charlton the season after the World Cup incident. Think it was the second game of the season maybe, first game away, was getting heckled like mad and he took a long shot which hit the bar and everybody STFU.

Don't know why but that reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8JkzlZv6KM

Arnie

I always recall the first shot Downing ever took for Liverpool. Against Sunderland, he went on a great run through the middle and fired a beauty straight off the bar. We ended up drawing 1-1 instead of winning.

I often think if that goal had gone in it'd be a completely different story for Liverpool's 10-11 season.

I was in the Kop for that game, thought we'd signed the British Ronaldo.

Bumhead

Banned
I remember when we signed Bojan Djordic on loan from Manchester United. He picked the ball up on the left wing, about 40 yards out, hit some absolutely ridiculous shot that cannoned off the bar. Crazy. He was crap for the rest of his loan though.

David Hirst's shot that hit the bar against Arsenal at Highbury, the shot which was the fastest recorded for many years (but has been passed since I think?) would have been ace if it had gone in.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nasri ugh. Worst* French player in the league.

*laziest

Somehow he's near the top of the chances created rankings despite being utterly invisible most of the time. Very strange player and a massive twat.

Kyoufu

Somehow he's near the top of the chances created rankings despite being utterly invisible most of the time. Very strange player and a massive twat.

Sometimes he's great.

Most times utter lazy wank who just wants the bell to ring so he can go home and watch Power Rangers.

By the way, on my absene for a stupid ban I've crawled in the betting league to the 6th position.

There's a struggle of 30 points between me and the top head. It's awesome.

Thak you, based Dzeko.

Salazar

Beckham should go to Man Utd, if he has the chance.

The nostalgia kick would be immense, but we need young, fit, fast, angry bastards.

Kind of player that makes the opposition think twice about playing it down the middle against us. Makes them think "oh fuck, him".

Keane.

Well ... yeah. I'm kind of hoping we'll go back to 4-3-3 sometime in the future. It'll only happen if Conte requests a couple of true wingers, obviously.

TheLucifer, we need Milan's starting XI for tonight, stat. :)
Yes sir :D @Milanello says that this could be our formation for tonight, the usual 4-3-3:
Amelia; Abate-Mexes-Acerbi-De Sciglio; Montolivo-Ambrosini-Boateng; Urby-Pazzini-El Shaarawy.

Pretty much our standard line-up. Coppa Italia is the only thing we can win this year, I can see why Allegri wants to go all in, especially vs Juventus.

Linius

Someone needs to post the Happy Birthday cunt cake in the Sunhi thread on behave of Footey Gaf. I don't have it. What's happening to my image folders :(

Zabojnik

Yes sir :D @Milanello says that this could be our formation for tonight, the usual 4-3-3:
Amelia; Abate-Mexes-Acerbi-De Sciglio; Montolivo-Ambrosini-Boateng; Urby-Pazzini-El Shaarawy.

Pretty much our standard line-up. Coppa Italia is the only thing we can win this year, I can see why Allegri wants to go all in, especially vs Juventus.

Damn. Bad feeling intensifying.

Somehow I don't think Beckham will move to China, Australia or Qatar when his family is in London. I can't see him living in those places or making such long flights for training and games, especially when he has a young child. PSG makes the most sense in my opinion. He said he wanted a challenge, and he can get back to London easily.

edit: Also I bought a new jacket recently so I could do with the money

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So El Shaddai is kinda boring so far.

It looks pretty, but that's about it. Does it get any better? Or slightly more challenging?

Fady K

So El Shaddai is kinda boring so far.

It looks pretty, but that's about it. Does it get any better? Or slightly more challenging?

From what i heard ablut it yurt if it didn't interest you much after the first couple of hours it won't change your mind - heard it is quite repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom