• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

That's the worst article I've ever read

I always wonder if Goal.com writers are paid lol. They write and make some of the worst football related articles out there lol. So many mistakes too, spelling and all. "Spain Internation Lionel Messi wins his fourth ballon d'or" for example lol.

Their top 50 had Messi at #3 too.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Le Equipe are reporting that Chelsea have set to get Fellaini.

Good news if true. Also think they are fairly reliable.

The Times yesterday was saying they'd go for him in the summer, though I don't see why they wouldn't try now. Benitez doesn't seem to rate any of Chelsea's central midfielders.

FootballFan

You guys should read this, seen this guy play for Auckland. He made his debut with Messi. Now Messi is 4 x Ballon d'Or winner while he on the other hand is playing for Auckland City. :lol

From the Nou Camp to New Zealand.

Talk about going different ways.. one is literally at the pinnacle and the other is at the lowest level you can get pretty much.

Salazar

Bob Cass ‏@Bob_Cass
Mystified by reports linking Lampard with MUFC. Ain't gonna happen.

FxyhP.gif

HE DELIVERS

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
7 changes expected from the side that lost to Sampdoria over the weekend.

Hopefully it's:
Ashton Kutcher
Ashton Kutcher
Ashton Kutcher
Ashton Kutcher
Ashton Kutcher
Ashton Kutcher
Peluso

Expected XI: Storari; Caceres Barzagli Bonucci; Lichtsteiner Vidal Marrone Giaccherini Isla; Giovinco Matri.

I totally forgot about Isla...lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You guys should read this, seen this guy play for Auckland. He made his debut with Messi. Now Messi is 4 x Ballon d'Or winner while he on the other hand is playing for Auckland City. :lol
Laughing at this type of story feels like a real jerk move, especially after reading the article.

Fady K

Guys, other than your preferrerd club(s)'s managers, which manaher do you respect or like the most? I think i'd go with Moyes personally. One of the most mature and least bitter managers out there for me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still believe, but he has to start showing the form he had at Udinese. I think Conte should try playing him in Vidal's position. Not sure the wing is the best place for him.
We have the perfect vice Marchisio and Vidal but we use them exclusively on the wings.

Salazar

We have the perfect vice Marchisio and Vidal but we use them exclusively on the wings.

Pirlo is quoted as saying he would love Lampard at Juve.

plz

Reading asking for Welberg on loan doesn't signify that Reading have a very good clue how to get themselves out of trouble.

Zabojnik

And it shows. Not as much on Asamoah's side - I think he's been doing great overall - but in general. Him and Licht aren't the greatest of crossers. We could use someone like Ribery or Nani. And someone like Llorente to head those flying balls in. When was the last time we scored with a header following a cross? :/

FootballFan

Laughing at this type of story feels like a real jerk move, especially after reading the article.

It is funny in a "wow" sort of way. They went opposite directions, things could have been different.

Though at least he gets to go to the Club World Cup every year, unlike Messi.

Guys, other than your preferrerd club(s)'s managers, which manaher do you respect or like the most? I think i'd go with Moyes personally. One of the most mature and least bitter managers out there for me.

Tony Pulis, dude is like the old Iraqi defense minister, he knows and he doesn't care.

FootballFan

Ryan Nelsen, Fabio Capello and Pellegrini.

Salazar

Jol.

In the sense that I don't care about Fulham, but Jol seems like an affable guy. He's gotta pick it up, though.

Ushojax

Marton Jol, David Moyes, Roberto Martinez. All good eggs.

spidye

Tuchel (Mainz) and Slomka(Hannover 96)

So I kinda started to catch up and then noticed that we're already 30 pages in - in just a day, without any significant games, wtf? Y'all sick...

Though props to Fry for a giving a shit about the Op :)

Zabojnik

Ståle Solbakken (currently without a club, probably yelling and kicking a chair somewhere)

Brøndby players refusing the managements "Go 25% down in wages" offer. :D

Still can't believe they went out and asked their players for that, just to start talking about what positions they needed to be strengthened on the same, such a shit club. Wonder how many of their normal workers who aren't getting great wages can even afford to go 25% down.

Ståle Solbakken.

iTqjajf3Zcl9h.gif

pappe

AVB, Moyes, Pep, Mou, Ancelloti aaaand.....

Maradona (just for the lols)

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Celtic announcing the new shirt sponsor at 3pm will be the highlight of my day today. :(

Some kind of 'best league in the world' ranking has just been published, btw: http://www.iffhs.de/?b6e28fa3002f71504e52d17f7370eff3702bb1c2bb11

1. España 1283,0
2. Brasil 1057,0
3. Deutschland 1037,0
4. Italia 1034,0
5. England 1007,0
6. Argentina 919,0
7. France 880,0
8. Nederland 738,0
9. Paraguay 712,5
10. Chile 711,5

No idea what the method behind it is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gasperini
Claudio Ranieri
Rafael Benítez
Francesco Guidolin

And it shows. Not as much on Asamoah's side - I think he's been doing great overall - but in general. Him and Licht aren't the greatest of crossers. We could use someone like Ribery or Nani. And someone like Llorente to head those flying balls in. When was the last time we scored with a header following a cross? :/
I'd rather have Isla or PDC than Nani in a 3-5-2. :p

qindarka

Banned
Sorry for bringing this up again but what was wrong with Owen's 'Bradford are on fire' tweet earlier today? Is there a double meaning I'm not familiar with?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Celtic announcing the new shirt sponsor at 3pm will be the highlight of my day today. :(

Some kind of 'best league in the world' ranking has just been published, btw: http://www.iffhs.de/?b6e28fa3002f71504e52d17f7370eff3702bb1c2bb11

1. España 1283,0
2. Brasil 1057,0
3. Deutschland 1037,0
4. Italia 1034,0
5. England 1007,0
6. Argentina 919,0
7. France 880,0
8. Nederland 738,0
9. Paraguay 712,5
10. Chile 711,5

No idea what the method behind it is.
Seems to be by the success of their clubs in international tournaments.

Carbonox

Sorry for bringing this up again but what was wrong with Owen's 'Bradford are on fire' tweet earlier today? Is there a double meaning I'm not familiar with?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire

"The Bradford City stadium fire was the worst fire disaster in the history of English football. It occurred during a league match in front of record numbers of spectators, on Saturday, 11 May 1985, killing 56 and injuring at least 265."

Zabojnik

I'd rather have Isla or PDC than Nani in a 3-5-2. :p

Well ... yeah. I'm kind of hoping we'll go back to 4-3-3 sometime in the future. It'll only happen if Conte requests a couple of true wingers, obviously.

TheLucifer, we need Milan's starting XI for tonight, stat. :)

qindarka

Banned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire

"The Bradford City stadium fire was the worst fire disaster in the history of English football. It occurred during a league match in front of record numbers of spectators, on Saturday, 11 May 1985, killing 56 and injuring at least 265."

Google "Bradford" and "Fire" together :p

Because he used to play for Newcastle; Bradford's imminent League 2 rival.

Thanks.

Ushojax

Spurs refuse Everton's request to take Livermore on loan. Why on earth did they ever think that would be a goer?

PJX

1, 2, 10, 14, 15, 69

These numbers represent the only minutes that Messi has failed to score in 2012. My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom