• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Well I've just visited Bluemoon for the first time in months. First thread I read

Bastien Schweinsteiger - We should go all out for him, Him and Yaya In midfield would be Immense. Cant think of another midfielder id rather us sign.

And here is a reply.

Arturo Vidal would be more realistic and Juventus would definitely consider an offer they only got him for 8m.

*closes tab*

FootballFan

Random pic time!

Casillas with his best friends

timthumb.php

GQman2121

Banned
The Kamiya tweets were great. He's headed some truly classic games that will live on for a long, long time.
Bayonetta is not one of them.

Are Chelsea seriously considering signing Isco? They have 12931248293842384 players in that role.

I'm thinking he would likely play behind Mata in the mid field. When's the last time you read someone on here crying about having too many playmakers on their roster? Sign him up.....

We could field a decent side with the amount of talent we have out on loan alone :(

GorillaJu

Get Flanagan... option to buy Jovetic?

Morsel... :lol

Give club very good price on young, promising player, be given priority on hot prospect later on. It sounded improbable which is why I asked but feel free to purposefully misinterpret what I said.

Yen

Ryan McLaughlin is going to be a fucking class RB. He could be our long term replacement for Glen Johnson, when he eventually moves on or retires.

Never really watched him intently before but just caught the highlights from our 4-1 win over champions Inter in the NextGen tournament. Jordon Ibe – always had an eye on. Yesil – expecting big things eventually. McLaughlin – ?!?!

Yurt have you read anything about the Jon Flanagan loan/buy transfer to Fiorentina? Apparently he and Aquilani shacked up together when Aqua was still at Liverpool, and became good friends, with Alberto teaching him some Italian. What I'm curious about is that according to posters on Salazar's home forum, if they exercise their option to buy, it gives Liverpool an option on a swap deal for Jovetic? Have you read anything about this?

I'm afraid to say, some rawkites made up that story, wrote fake Italian news reports and made photoshops to make up this story.

Wilbur

Banned
Give club very good price on young, promising player, be given priority on hot prospect later on. It sounded improbable which is why I asked but feel free to purposefully misinterpret what I said.

I'm not really purposefully misinterpreting what you said.

if they exercise their option to buy, it gives Liverpool an option on a swap deal for Jovetic?

If Fiorentina exercise their option to buy John Flanagan - third/fourth choice right back - , then it gives Liverpool an option to swap for Stevan Jovetic - star striker for a Champions League chasing team who would cost upwards of £30m and is being looked at by Juventus to be a replacement for Alessandro del Piero?

Anyway, in other news Reading have signed Crawley midfielder Hope Akpan, whose most notable contribution to football so far is getting in trouble with the FA for a tweet reading 'Gays all over the tele what’s wrong with Britain! Sorry I’m #FullyHomophobic.'

Salazar

lol Benitez

Selection dilemma: Ba or Torres

Great snakes, what a puzzler

Darren Tulett ‏@1DarrenTulett
#Juventus offered Drogba €3mln for next 6 months and €5mln for next season, says @lequipe today

GorillaJu

I'm not really purposefully misinterpreting what you said.

If Fiorentina exercise their option to buy John Flanagan - third/fourth choice right back - , then it gives Liverpool an option to swap for Stevan Jovetic - star striker for a Champions League chasing team who would cost upwards of £30m and is being looked at by Juventus to be a replacement for Alessandro del Piero?

Anyway, in other news Reading have signed Crawley midfielder Hope Akpan, whose most notable contribution to football so far is getting in trouble with the FA for a tweet reading 'Gays all over the tele what’s wrong with Britain! Sorry I’m #FullyHomophobic.'

If you arent purposefully misunderstanding, then that means you think I would believe that a 1.5m player would be swapped for a 30m player, which is the most offensive thing you've ever posted on NeoGaf!

Lampard and Zaha.

Fucking depressing. Hope it's all lies.

Fergie took Owen on a pay-to-play deal; I can see that happening with Lampard for the joys of experience in the squad. But he signed Bebe and Obertan on sums cheaper combined to the numbers being thrown around for Zaha. Anything's possible, but I doubt the latter greatly. Especially when we just let go of Brady, a winger playing well for a top-two Championship side.

Or, the paper talk could all be right, and Fergie's ready to replace De Gea with Begovic. D:

Wilbur

Banned
If you arent purposefully misunderstanding, then that means you think I would believe that a 1.5m player would be swapped for a 30m player, which is the most offensive thing you've ever posted on NeoGaf!

:lol

Just that Flanagan would play any part in a Jovetic deal; he's their prize asset and they're going to milk suitors for every penny they can get.

dc89

On my FM13 save where I am playing as PNE I signed Tunnicliffe on loan. One thing I've noticed, during a game the majority of my players are described as "Looks composed" or "Looks motivated" or whatever it says.

Tunners = perma "Looks angry"

Salazar

Fergie took Owen on a pay-to-play deal; I can see that happening with Lampard for the joys of experience in the squad.

Part of me is intrigued, merely curious, to see Lampard play for us.

But it seems like a cop-out when there are available long-term options to improve the squad. And this bollocks about Giggs and Scholes carrying on makes me intensely skeptical about us signing another old midfielder.

Tunners = perma "Looks angry"

I don't think he'll cut it.

GorillaJu

:lol

Just that Flanagan would play any part in a Jovetic deal; he's their prize asset and they're going to milk suitors for every penny they can get.

20m from City or 20m from LFC doesn't make a difference to Fiorentina. Don't think he's worth 30m myself, having been out for a whole season with a ligament tear and I don't see him as a first choice striker for any top PL team except maybe Spurs where he'd be first choice.

Zabojnik

I'm thinking he would likely play behind Mata in the mid field. When's the last time you read someone on here crying about having too many playmakers on their roster? Sign him up...

It's just that with Mata, Oscar and Hazard ... you'd think Chelsea would have other priorities. Then again, you're covered in black gold, so buying one player doesn't exclude buying ten more. I (don't) know that feel.

Juve - Milan (Coppa Italia) tonight. I think we'll get smashed. It's that time of the year. Four, five starting XI players are either injured or playing elsewhere, the form is what it is, Milan are probably way more motivated than we are.

Wilbur

Banned
20m from City or 20m from LFC doesn't make a difference to Fiorentina. Don't think he's worth 30m myself, having been out for a whole season with a ligament tear and I don't see him as a first choice striker for any top PL team except maybe Spurs where he'd be first choice.

I don't think he'll go for any less than 25m, and that's relatively generous. Immensely talented player, but you're right about Spurs being the only place that would currently have the money and the availability for him to be first choice. He's certainly an improvement on Torres/Giroud/Balotelli.

I hope Juventus get him though.

GorillaJu

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507483

Jesus fucking christ. Rules are rules, but the only response that really springs to mind is "fuck this thread and fuck off"

NUFC linked (lol) to Aubameyang.

UxaQ4.jpg

The idea of "slut shaming" brings idiotic connotations, not least of which from the wording. But I take issue with people who say that girls who have a lot of sex and guys who have a lot of sex should be considered the same. They're completely different IMO though – it's something that interests me and I like talking about but would probably get banned again for wording something poorly and making an ass of myself.

Lightning

Banned
Looks very likely now Theo will sign and stay at our club. Not bad news since his game is getting better and he is improving and becoming slighting more consistent.

GorillaJu

Looks very likely now Theo will sign and stay at our club. Not bad news since his game is getting better and he is improving and becoming slighting more consistent.

Dude nothing's changed, you just don't have RVP anymore. Walcott has always been a better option than Giroud, Chamakh and Gervinho. He's always been able to score goals. I don't think his game has changed in any significant way, personally. He's always been better than fans give him credit for.

Carbonox

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507483

Jesus fucking christ. Rules are rules, but the only response that really springs to mind is "fuck this thread and fuck off"

NUFC linked (lol) to Aubameyang.

UxaQ4.jpg

He's been our 'Plan B' for a while now. Supposedly can be had for £6-7m and is also keen on a move to Newcastle.

I don't follow the French League so I don't know who's really the better option. Remy's supposed to have been wank for a while and Aubameyang is growing as a player.

Both are class on FIFA though. :lol

Zabojnik

I hope Juventus get him though.

We'll certainly try, but it's gonna be a bitch. As with Cavani, there are just too many factors working against us. The price (maybe) isn't one of them, but everything else is. Viola fans would probably try to murder him, if he moved to the club they hate the most, and Della Vale would sooner sell him into slavery than to Juve, especially after the whole Berbatov debacle. Basically, all we can count on is Jovetic's apparent will to stay in Italy, which isn't something that's set in stone, and the fact that's he's a good buddy of Vucinic's. Not much.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We'll certainly try, but it's gonna be a bitch. As with Cavani, there are just too many factors working against us. The price (maybe) isn't one of them, but everything else is. Viola fans would probably try to murder him, if he moved to the club they hate the most, and Della Vale would sooner sell him into slavery than to Juve, especially after the whole Berbatov debacle. Basically, all we can count on is Jovetic's apparent will to stay in Italy, which isn't something that's set in stone, and the fact that's he's a good buddy of Vucinic's. Not much.
I can't wrap my head around what Marotta was trying to achieve with his petty move. You would think an experienced GM would know better.

Jovetic knows we're his best option because we have the worst striking force of any top (?) team in Europe.

Let's just pray they finish below third place.

Lightning

Banned
I can't wrap my head around what Marotta was trying to achieve with his petty move. You would think an experienced GM would know better.

Jovetic knows we're his best option because we have the worst striking force of any top (?) team in Europe.

Let's just pray they finish below third place.
Don't you guys have an agreement to sign Llorente?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom