• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I'm excited for today's game. De Klassieker at home should be our win. And all the other title contenders already fucked up this weekend.

Please do it Ajax.

Blablurn

You gonna be happy when Pep brings Valdes and gets rid of Gomez, Robben, Robery and Kroos?

sonicogr1relu5e.gif

Blablurn

Bayen München vs. Aachen Friendly Game

Handball World Cup Quarter Final Germany vs. Macedonia

Arsenal - The other team from London

Great indeed!

Rad-

Pogba still hurts. :(

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose Petrucci and Daehli next.

We will probably lose Petrucci but I don't think he quite has what it takes to be United's first team considering there's younger more talented quys coming through after him and he's somewhat injury prone.

Would suck if we lost Daehli though. He just needs to bulk up a bit more and he has a great chance to become first team material. But he's the type that arrives to training first and leaves last and wants to make it at United so I think he's not the first one to leave when he doesn't get playtime immediately.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cunte on 4-3-3 "We cannot play 4-3-3 without Pepe, Isla can't play an advanced right wing role, he is more of a right midfielder."

Not sure if it's a definitely a dig at Isla.

I've gotta say, I really missed SP7. <3

Into

Man City drop Balotelli price to €28m?

There are reports Manchester City have lowered Mario Balotelli’s asking price to €28m, while Milan are working out a payment plan for Kaka.

“Balotelli? We can talk about it if that price drops. Up until last night it was staying firm at €37m and at these conditions it is impossible,” said Vice-President Adriano Galliani on Saturday.

Today La Gazzetta dello Sport claims that Manchester City got the message, so are willing to reduce the price-tag to €28m – approximately £23.5m.

I have no doubt Mario is on his way out of City, but who other than the 2 Milan clubs would even bother with the troubled striker? Would like to see him at Madrid, just because Marca would have a easy time selling papers for years about the drama over there.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
24m for Mario is still insane, no way Gold Tie will go for that. 15-18 is the sweet spot.

Hey look, another Dane in Footey Gaf.

If you guys win I just hope it will be a fair win and not because of some refs fucking up. And during the game I'll be downstairs, so I'm not on Gaf if you wanna laugh at me when Pelle scores :p
I'll have my iPad ready to post some banter.

But imo, Ajax has the best Eredivisie team and of course, de Arena zal een ware heksenketel zijn. Hope Pelle scores a hatrick

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bob Cass is dropping some ITK bombs I see.

-

Fiorentina vs Napoli in 30 minutes if anyone is interested.

I know I'm not.

dc89

Lescott on Nastasic: "A candidate for player of the season. Not enough people talking about him, if he was English people would be raving."

Nastasic has been pretty solid. Also, I'd like to mention that Garcia has improved quite a bit too, still a little slow but you can see he's adapting.

IIRC the last 3 games he has played have all resulted in clean sheets, we've had 4 clean sheets on the row now in all competitions (3 PL 1 FA Cup).
I think Hart may be on the way to picking up his third consecutive Golden Glove award.

Zabojnik

I have a bad feeling that i will get banned in the next weeks :(

Well, as long as you're here for that Bayern CL final ...

Cunte on 4-3-3 "We cannot play 4-3-3 without Pepe, Isla can't play an advanced right wing role, he is more of a right midfielder."

Not sure if it's a definitely a dig at Isla.

I've gotta say, I really missed SP7. <3

There are rumors floating around that Pepe might now miss the entire season because of what was supposed to be a light summer injury, which is just mind-boggling to me. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Please don't turn into the new Iaquinta. PLEASE.

Fiorentina - Napoli, fuck yeah. COME ON SPECTACULAR DRAW!
I'd be also okay with a Viola victory.

L1NETT

Haha love that snowball gif.

--

Predictions for today?

Chelsea 2 - 1 Arsenal
Spurs 1 - 1 Man U.

---

Edit: yeah just seen some tweets suggesting spurs might be in doubt. Stupid snow, come again on a work day!

12:30 Fiorentina - Napoli
14:30 Chelsea - Arsenal
14:30 Ajax Amsterdam - Feyenoord Rotterdam
15:00 AC Milan - Bologna
15:30 Nurnberg - Hamburger SV
17:00 Tottenham H. - Manchester U.
20:45 AS Roma - Inter Milan
21:00 Valencia - Real Madrid

Fuck.

Zabojnik

12:30 Fiorentina - Napoli
14:30 Chelsea - Arsenal
14:30 Ajax Amsterdam - Feyenoord Rotterdam
15:00 AC Milan - Bologna
15:30 Nurnberg - Hamburger SV
17:00 Tottenham H. - Manchester U.
20:45 AS Roma - Inter Milan
21:00 Valencia - Real Madrid

Fuck.

Football overload incoming.

FuturusX

Just asked my dog to make some predictions concerning today's games:

Chelsea vs Arsenal = 5 woofs (easy Chelsea win)

Spurs vs UTD = 2 woofs (score draw)

There seems to be some confusion re Pogba. Ferguson did recognise his talent, after the youth cup run he said Pogba would be the worlds best CM within 5 years, something like that. When Scholes "retired" and played his testimonial Pogba was subbed on for him and after the game Ferguson said that we had seen the future with that change. Pogba was the first player from the youth team to be brought forward into the first team set up. The way Ferguson has reacted to losing him tells you everything you need to know about how highly he was rated.

The problem is that for Ferguson he valued his principle above the players talent. He wasn't prepared to pay a young player as much as some first teamers and to be seen ceding to his demands. I think Pogba would have been playing games last season if he had signed a contract, nevermind this season.

I think Ferguson made a mistake and should have known that if he let Pogba play he would have stayed on - but he just feels too strongly about certain aspects of his management and that won't change.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure but I think we're paying Pogba 10-11k a week? That's not even close to Lucas Piazón's salary isn't it?

There are rumors floating around that Pepe might now miss the entire season because of what was supposed to be a light summer injury, which is just mind-boggling to me. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Please don't turn into the new Iaquinta. PLEASE.

You think Conte is punishing him for something?

Rad-

There seems to be some confusion re Pogba. Ferguson did recognise his talent, after the youth cup run he said Pogba would be the worlds best CM within 5 years, something like that. When Scholes "retired" and played his testimonial Pogba was subbed on for him and after the game Ferguson said that we had seen the future with that change. Pogba was the first player from the youth team to be brought forward into the first team set up. The way Ferguson has reacted to losing him tells you everything you need to know about how highly he was rated.

The problem is that for Ferguson he valued his principle above the players talent. He wasn't prepared to pay a young player as much as some first teamers and to be seen ceding to his demands. I think Pogba would have been playing games last season if he had signed a contract, nevermind this season.

I think Ferguson made a mistake and should have known that if he let Pogba play he would have stayed on - but he just feels too strongly about certain aspects of his management and that won't change.

With Raiola as the agent, I think his move to Juve was pretty much decided at January/February of last year or whatever the month Raiola first asked for the bigger wage contract + agent fee and United declined.

I'm not sure but I think we're paying Pogba 10-11k a week? That's not even close to Lucas Piazón's salary isn't it?

But you surely paid a nice signing on fee? That's money in their pocket as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom