• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But you surely paid a nice signing on fee? That's money in their pocket as well.

I have no idea to be honest, but I wouldn't mind since he was a free agent.

However, I don't want to put more money in Raiola's pocket.

I'm not sure but I think we're paying Pogba 10-11k a week? That's not even close to Lucas Piazón's salary isn't it?
~£15k I think. The reports here was that it was £1m/year.

I don't think so no. We lost Fryers (much less talented obv) for the same reason, we offered him less than £5k. Pogba was offered £20k in the end if you believe the "ITKs" but he had decided he was leaving. Also Mino was asking/paid (?) more than almost as much as Pogba gets over the length of his contract!

It's interesting for United though because I think eventually we will have to move away from his idea of paying youth players a very low wage until they prove themselves. It works in principle but nowadays there is so much competition you have to pay up. Both Welbeck and Cleverley were on their first pro contract wage (less than 10k) until a couple of months ago. Reports say they're now on £50k+ so it's a hell of a jump.

Salazar

God these bellend journalists never tire of retweeting praise of themselves, do they

NevGod pic of ground. That was never the worry though, was it.

bbdlkh2cuaau-t7rnikl.jpg

"To Dare Is To Do" is pretty daft.

dc89

Nah, he wouldn't go that far. Would he?

I know you're all sick of seeing it, our ManU bros especially, but this is a really nice angle.

pogbagoaludinese.gif

Banned Newspaper have an article on his goals last night and the comments section is so good.

"The haircut says it all - Look at me !! Huge ego and coupled with his agent , he was always going to be trouble . SAF has always weeded out players who are more committed to themselves than United . He may well succeed in what is an inferior league , but that success will come with disturbance and instability , personally I'd like to have seen what he could've done at United , but not at the price of of forever pandering to his ego."

"He really won't be missed. You carry on son. Playing in a league inferior to the premier league."

"I hope he enjoyed scoring in front of all those empty seats... guess Juve can bribe everyone but the fans.."

"viera lured him away but united dont need him anyways"

That cretin can't even spell Vieira. Salty as fuck.

Bumhead

Banned
That 6-0 can't be in my life time surely.

Our Premiership record against Manchester United was actually pretty good. I seem to recall United going 8 or 9 years without winning at Hillsborough, prior to the season we got relegated when they won 2-0.

GorillaJu

Also read a rumor on RAWK that Pepe Reina may be off to Milan by the end of the window here. Not that I personally believe this rumor, but if it were to happen, I probably wouldn't be that upset - not like I would have been a few years ago. He's been one of the worst keepers in the league this season, not because he's been bad on the ball (I still love his cheeky turns), but the errors have been terrible, getting beaten at the near post and with speculative long shots too many times.

He had a very good game against United, but those very good games have become a rarity, and with the general quality of the goalkeepers in the PL being so high, it really hammers home just how error prone and poor he's been at stopping shots this year.

Who we replaced him with would be the big question. Ideally, we'd prize Courtois away from Chelsea, but I don't see that happening with how highly rated he is and how well he's done for Atletico, unless the player's head can be turned by the prospect of playing in England. He'd probably also cost 15+m, and Reina would probably be sold for 8-10. Lloris would have been a decent shout but Spurs have him.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a new No. 1 at Liverpool, though. I suppose more than anything I'd just like Pepe to continue his current form and resume his spot at the top of the list of PL goalkeepers.

Kyoufu

Haidara is traveling to Newcastle in a few hours.

But I really don't give a shit about a left back. Won't save us from going down.

actually it should interest you. it's a game for saving aachen. same thing bayern did for dortmund 8 years ago ;)

That's an urban legend or something wurstUli would like to believe. It was a fucking loan and in 2003, not in 2005 when the near-bankruptcy happened.

Also this:

rofl_170jcd.gif

/Cavani scores

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guys what are some good games for Vita? Besides Persona 4 Golden which I have no interest in playing since I already spent 100 hours on the PS2 game. I'm considering buying one if only to have it before it completely disappears from the market.

Kyoufu

Guys what are some good games for Vita? Besides Persona 4 Golden which I have no interest in playing since I already spent 100 hours on the PS2 game. I'm considering buying one if only to have it before it completely disappears from the market.

EDF2017 Portable
Gravity Rush

Soul Sacrifice in March and God Eater 2 soon too.

and it was just said in sport1. not really an urban legend

Well, Sport1 lol. When Bayern announced Pep, there was Thomas Herrmann sitting in front of the cameras and jizzing himself talking about how Götze will soon join Bayern because he can't resist Pep's charisma. They might as well call the channel FC Bayern TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom