• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Don't know if one of ours posted it yet, but Marotta basically confirmed that we signed Llorente, saying that he'll join us in the summer. I get the feeling we're still trying to convince Athletic to let him go before the end of January, seeing how we're stalling on our other targets (Immobile, Gabbiadini). Marry is allegedly offering 3M€. So incredibly stupid of Bilbao to refuse 18M€ back in August.

I found this on Twitter. Apparently, he dedicated a song from his new album to Milan, I'm looking for the lyrics because my French is failing me once again, but I don't expect anything good tbh.
Galliani caught lying to the Milan fans again?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
So, the usual?

Meanwhile, regarding Kakà: Galliani has agreed to pay him €6m PER YEAR for 30 months (3 year and a half). Now he just has to find an agreement with Real Madrid, who doesn't (rightfully) want to give him to us for free. Still, 6m per year is way, waaaay too much for Kakà. And we sold Ibra+Thiago so we could've cheaper wages at the end of the year. So much non-sense, I just can't take it anymore.

Oh and good luck Pulga! :D

Wouldn't want Reina to leave but he is no longer irreplaceable. If he was to move to Barcelona we should be putting in a bid straight away for Vorm.

Hopefully that shit cunt Victor Valdes comes nowhere near us.

If we replaced Reina with Valdes, I'd flip my shit. Regardless of how out-of-form Reina was between August 2010 and November 2012, Valdes is a genuinely shite goalkeeper.

pulga

Banned
Don't know if one of ours posted it yet, but Marotta basically confirmed that we signed Llorente, saying that he'll join us in the summer. I get the feeling we're still trying to convince Athletic to let him go before the end of January, seeing how we're stalling on our other targets (Immobile, Gabbiadini). Marry is allegedly offering 3M€. So incredibly stupid of Bilbao to refuse 18M€ back in August.

So, does this mean we can break out the champagne bottles now?

Yen

Wouldn't want Reina to leave but he is no longer irreplaceable. If he was to move to Barcelona we should be putting in a bid straight away for Vorm.

Vorm would be great but he'd cost quite a bit, 10m+, and he recently signed a contract extension.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BREAKING NEWS:

Clint Dempsey tweeted today for the first time in over 3 months.

I'm glad it was him who got the goal. There are some unbelievably entitled Spurs fans out there who have given players like him and Ade absolute dog's abuse at WHL all season. The twats sitting around me in the North Stand when we played Coventry were pathetic, heckling our own player during a match we were winning 3-0. As if we are too good for a couple of players who together scored almost 40 goals last season.

That goal will shut them up for a while.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah by telling them that he's hoping that they'd take whatever the fuck we throw at them at this point.

But it's clearly not about the money to their president.
not after Bayern's 40m

ShogunX

Vorm would be great but he'd cost quite a bit, 10m+, and he recently signed a contract extension.

Well there are a number of very good goalkeepers around Europe who I'm sure we could bring in but Vorm is just the obvious choice due to him fitting our new system and working with Rodgers last season.

Few fans have mentioned Ter Stegen but I think he may have a choice of top clubs in a year or two.

Butland

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Birmingham confirm they are open to offers for any of their first-team players as they battle financial problems: http://bbc.in/Srg8cf #bcfc

He would be fine as a backup keeper but he is nowhere near good enough to be starting for us. He's been quite average so far this season for Birmingham and is another player who's hype exceeds his actual ability.

Labadal

I think Vorm is great, but I'd prefer Krul due to his age.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think Zieler at Hannover is pretty good. There are loads of decent keepers out there if Liverpool decide to ditch Reina.

D_prOdigy

Well there are a number of very good goalkeepers around Europe who I'm sure we could bring in but Vorm is just the obvious choice due to him fitting our new system and working with Rodgers last season.

Few fans have mentioned Ter Stegen but I think he may have a choice of top clubs in a year or two.

He would be fine as a backup keeper but he is nowhere near good enough to be starting for us. He's been quite average so far this season for Birmingham and is another player who's hype exceeds his actual ability.

Fraser Forster?

bjaelke

I was thinking about buying him and loaning him back to Birmingham so he could get more experience. He wouldn't be a sufficient replacement right now.

Lightning

Banned
David Villa is telling Barca he wants to leave so lets get the deal done Wenger. With David Villa on the field yesterday instead of Giroud we may have won. Instead of Giroud fluffing our early chance we could have gone 1-0 up and all of a sudden it's a different game as Mata doesn't get the chance to go down the other end and fucking score. This is what having a clinical striker can do for you!

pulga

Banned
David Villa is telling Barca he wants to leave so lets get the deal done Wenger. With David Villa on the field yesterday instead of Giroud we may have won. Instead of Giroud fluffing our early chance we could have gone 1-0 up and all of a sudden it's a different game as Mata doesn't get the chance to go down the other end and fucking score. This is what having a clinical striker can do for you!

Just ask Manchester United.

Timurid

Good luck cunt on your masters!

Are Liverpool really going to put in a bid for Ochoa?

He has been playing very well lately and it's nice to see another mexican in the england.

Feorax

Kevin Friend is the ref for Arsenal v Liverpool. FML...

I reckon Reina could go in the summer, but it all depends on Barca. We really need a keeper comfortable with the ball at his feet, playing almost as a quasi-centre half at times.

In an ideal world, I'd want Krul. I don't see the point signing a keeper closer to 30 when we already have Jones and Doni (somewhere...)

Zabojnik

Too many PL supporters joining (hi everybody!). We should make it mandatory for new members to have a second team from a different league.

ShogunX

Kevin Friend is the ref for Arsenal v Liverpool. FML...

I reckon Reina could go in the summer, but it all depends on Barca. We really need a keeper comfortable with the ball at his feet, playing almost as a quasi-centre half at times.

In an ideal world, I'd want Krul. I don't see the point signing a keeper closer to 30 when we already have Jones and Doni (somewhere...)

Pretty sure Kevin Friend is the ref Rodgers has brought into training a few times to referee the in house matches between the squad. Hopefully he's best bros with Suarez.

Only glory hunting bastards support two teams.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom