• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

I didn't think Carbone had that good a rep at Bradford though? I seem to recall his £40k a week contract being one of the major reasons the club struggled when you came down.

He had to walk away due to his wage. However, he gave up £3.2m in wages he was owed by the club. Just left because we couldn't pay him

From a recent mail article. "he waved goodbye to 80 per cent of the £4.16m he was entitled to in unpaid wages"

And Benny said this

"‘I had two years left, but what could I do? I thought of all the fans who had invited me to functions and given me awards, and I couldn’t do it to them. I left without the money I was owed, but with a clear conscience"

The most talented footballer ever to wear Claret and Amber.

Mad Men S01E12, 10/10

Fantastic show.

n1PbG.gif

It gets better and better imo

Linius

n1PbG.gif

It gets better and better imo

This was the episode with those war flashbacks and the background story of Dick Whitman. Those scenes made such an impact.

And I believe you, it's what everybody is telling me. A bit like Breaking Bad in that fashion, it just gets better.

Zabojnik

And I believe you, it's what everybody is telling me. A bit like Breaking Bad in that fashion, it just gets better.
They be telling you the truth, son. The whole ... ehhh, nevermind, you'll see. Wish I could un-watch it and watch it again as a virgin. :/

Just finished S1 of Suits, now into finishing S1 of Mad Men and watch both show's second season at the same time.

Felipe redeemed.

Bumhead

Banned
He had to walk away due to his wage. However, he gave up £3.2m in wages he was owed by the club. Just left because we couldn't pay him

From a recent mail article. "he waved goodbye to 80 per cent of the £4.16m he was entitled to in unpaid wages"

And Benny said this

"‘I had two years left, but what could I do? I thought of all the fans who had invited me to functions and given me awards, and I couldn’t do it to them. I left without the money I was owed, but with a clear conscience"

The most talented footballer ever to wear Claret and Amber.

I wasn't aware of the terms of his departure. Fair play.

Benny was quality. I'll never forget when we lost to Blackburn away 7-2. He scored twice, one of which was a fucking pearler, then got sent off. Crackers.

Shit. Now I'm watching Youtube footage of our long lost days in the Premiership. Sigh.

Linius

Oh and Footey Gaf should have a fair chance at picking up The Americans right at the start so I'm putting this out there. Mark january 30 for it's seasons premiere. New drama series brought to you by FX which centers on the cold war.

Wilbur

Banned
*big brother voice*

This week in tha nyoocassil training hoos big Nile Ranga and Leon "where the fucks he at now?" Best were acting like complete spannas in the bathroom hyew. Oh aye and someone came in to have a piss halfway through. Like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOZgThIduVo

brb gonna wank noodle

Guys, I just applied to Goal.com lololol. Will let you know how this goes.

Can't wait for the smash hit article Top Ten Things The Hitcher Deludes Himself About Rafa

Ba needs to be a starting nearly every game. We need to solve the issue of the whole team no performing when Mata doesn't. And Ivan needs a slap on the ass for tonight's performance.

Randdalf

Zaha reminds of a younger Christiano Ronaldo, though obviously not that talented. I think that's why Ferguson is eyeing him up, because he certainly has the potential to be a similar kind of player for Man Utd in the future.

3Sixty

*big brother voice*

This week in tha nyoocassil training hoos big Nile Ranga and Leon "where the fucks he at now?" Best were acting like complete spannas in the bathroom hyew. Oh aye and someone came in to have a piss halfway through. Like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOZgThIduVo

To think, but these fuck tards were on the books of Southampton. Glad we sacked Ranger and fobbed of Best to the Midlands.

Also, wonder how much Newcastle are paying Ranger to dance around a bathroom with a fucking foot protector on. Mongs.

brb gonna wank noodle

Can't wait for the smash hit article Top Ten Things The Hitcher Deludes Himself About Rafa

Followed up with the The Top 500 Shocking Decisions To Go Man Utd's Way Since 1992 and a debate piece called Top 5 Poor Decisions To Go Against Man Utd Since 1992 Which The Manc Twats Use To Argue Against The Blatant Favouritism That They Constantly Benfit From

Someone else can write the headlines :p

First Zaha > United story is from The Mirror.

£8m rising to £12m. Zaha loaned back with other players also loaned.

See where this one goes over the next few days.

3Sixty

Also, when my mate went to Liverpool away they bumped into Leon Best and Colin Kazim-Kazim in a nightclub. Leon best looked pretty good for someone with no knee ligament.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dan Levene ‏@BluesChronicle
Benitez asked if Chelsea looked more dangerous in the last 10 minutes with Ba than in the previous 80 with Torres. "No, I don't think so."

lol

Edit: dammit Wooden

Right. I didn't say it was SPL's fault for Rangers going down. I was implying SPL now has nothing on that scale.

You said "Way to go SPL. Way to go".

Through your fairly obvious sarcasm you implied that the SPL were foolish to relegate Rangers and leave no flagship game each season. Of course you are right, they could have allowed Rangers to stay in the league. But what kind of message does that send? Hey, financial difficulties? No worries, just liquidate. Then you can start new, in your same stadium, in the same league - but now get this - No debt! Everybody is happy. Rangers get to stay in the SPL, the flagship old firm match remains and it's all neatly swept under the carpet. Except for the companies who don't get paid. The jobs that get cut, or lost. The kids who don't get their Christmas presents because Daddy got laid off. Because that's the reality. Rangers and Rangers alone caused this mess. The reason there is no Old Firm fixture? Rangers Football Club. So in case you feel like reposting your comment it should go something like this:

"Way to go Rangers. Way to go".

Kyoufu

Through your fairly obvious sarcasm you implied that the SPL were foolish to relegate Rangers and leave no flagship game each season. Of course you are right, they could have allowed Rangers to stay in the league. But what kind of message does that send? Hey, financial difficulties? No worries, just liquidate. Then you can start new, in your same stadium, in the same league - but now get this - No debt! Everybody is happy. Rangers get to stay in the SPL, the flagship old firm match remains and it's all neatly swept under the carpet. Except for the companies who don't get paid. The jobs that get cut, or lost. The kids who don't get their Christmas presents because Daddy got laid off. Because that's the reality. Rangers and Rangers alone caused this mess. The reason there is no Old Firm fixture? Rangers Football Club. So in case you feel like reposting your comment it should go something like this:

You just quoted my post but you didn't read it!

Wilbur

Banned
Followed up with the The Top 500 Shocking Decisions To Go Man Utd's Way Since 1992 and a debate piece called Top 5 Poor Decisions To Go Against Man Utd Since 1992 Which The Manc Twats Use To Argue Against The Blatant Favouritism That They Constantly Benfit From

Someone else can write the headlines :p

damn that shit would open my eyes

Goal.com - our hope for a better future

Out of interest, do you think the proposed league reformatting is a good idea?

@Wilbz, this thread should have a website on the side where we just write articles. Some serious, some facetious, some speculative, some trolling

I'd start with Ten Reasons Why The Europa League Is The New Champions League (and vice versa)

D_prOdigy

First Zaha > United story is from The Mirror.

£8m rising to £12m. Zaha loaned back with other players also loaned.

See where this one goes over the next few days.

I feel very uninspired about this one.

Then again, he hopefully wouldn't be as frustrating as Ashley Young at his worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom