• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
El Sharaawy is awesome

Dammit rovers just give me one night of laughing at another team

We have officially approached Michael Appleton for the rovers job, he's won two at Blackpool FFS

Only just taken over there as well :lol

Did a fine job at Pompey all things considered

Milan had a chance to head it in with a perfect cross, but instead opt to pass it back to the center (wtf) and then they had to do a volley right in front of goal. Two chances wasted.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol dat step over from the defender

Ivanovic standard defending

Feorax

I've seen Torres put in some woeful performances for both us and Chelsea, but I've never seen him booed off the pitch before.

He won't go though. Roman just doesn't see what the rest of us see.

Kyoufu

A few years ago Chelsea found a billionaire. Meanwhile a bankrupt Swansea were rescued by their fans. Sometimes football still makes us feel good.

0-2

Again, why Traorè. Why do we have to have him in the first place? Why Allegri decided to put him in tonight? One of the most useless players of the last few years, not as bad as Mesbah, but it's a close call.

Congratz Juve, even without the normal XI you guys managed to hold us (and that's painful, I have to say it), we had a great start but then we didn't even try. It sucks to lose like this, though, we had our chances near the end of the second half, and especially Traorè should've scored at the end. Oh well, seeing how Lazio is playing it would've been harder to even think about getting to the final.

Great match, just like last year, loved almost every part of it. Almost.

3Sixty

FOOTBALL Blackburn approach Blackpool to ask permission to speak to Michael Appleton about the manager's job at Ewood Park

lolols

I know Fergie said Nani still has a future at United but I still think he'll be gone before the start of next season.

We'll just have to start getting ready for the #ZahaPowellFuture.
Yeah I don't see him staying on. No further reports of contract discussions so I think both sides are just seeing it out. Only a year on his contract in the summer so we'll do well to get much more than £10m for him.

I do like having a British core, its really great to see us at the top of the table with Rio, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Cleverley, Fletcher, Welbeck, Rooney, Young... that shit gives me the happy haps.

So I'm not averse to Zaha, just don't want to spend ludicrous prices on him and expect him to come straight in as a Nani replacement. He should stay at Palace for the rest of this season and then go on loan either in the PL at Palace if they're promoted or someone like Wigan.
No point loaning him as far as I can tell. If we sign him we'll be paying ~£10m for him. You don't pay that much for somebody who isn't ready to be part of the squad.

Bumhead

Banned
Benito Carbone, Peter Beagrie...never forget <3

still my favourite goal of all time... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMy_YdOvwnk

I can't stand Beagrie but Carbone is one of my all time favourite Wednesday players. Loved the bloke. Watching him and Di Canio in the same team was poetry in motion. Like two lighthouses looking over a sea of turds in the rest of that team at the time.

I didn't think Carbone had that good a rep at Bradford though? I seem to recall his £40k a week contract being one of the major reasons the club struggled when you came down.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I don't see him staying on. No further reports of contract discussions so I think both sides are just seeing it out. Only a year on his contract in the summer so we'll do well to get much more than £10m for him.

No point loaning him as far as I can tell. If we sign him we'll be paying ~£10m for him. You don't pay that much for somebody who isn't ready to be part of the squad.

Which is why I think its pretty stupid signing him. If he's a direct replacement for Nani and our wing options are Valencia, Young and Zaha, I'll be disappointed.

A few years ago Chelsea found a billionaire. Meanwhile a bankrupt Swansea were rescued by their fans. Sometimes football still makes us feel good.

0-2

You were cheering for Chelsea as your second team a couple of months ago. I haven't forgotten.

From Nani to Zaha. sigh

Randdalf

FOOTBALL Blackburn approach Blackpool to ask permission to speak to Michael Appleton about the manager's job at Ewood Park

lolols

I deeply admire Appleton for how long he stayed at Portsmouth, he's intelligent enough to not go to Blackburn. He's a good manager, and if Blackburn didn't have their shitty management and owners I could see him taking them back to the Premier.

Bumhead

Banned
Which is why I think its pretty stupid signing him. If he's a direct replacement for Nani and our wing options are Valencia, Young and Zaha, I'll be disappointed.

I still think Ince is the better player, as far as Championship hot properties this season are concerned. Think United will be missing a trick if they allow him to go elsewhere.

Wilbur

Banned
I still think Ince is the better player, as far as Championship hot properties this season are concerned. Think United will be missing a trick if they allow him to go elsewhere.

Yeah, I agree from what I've seen. Looks like he'll be going Liverpool though. Is his dad his agent or something? He might want a word if United are interested considering how he and Fergie parted ways.

Paul was always a cunt.

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

Bo-Locks

I haven't seen much of Zaha beside the youtube compilations, so although he may be talented, I get the impression that he has some really crafty agents. He has got to be one of the most hyped players from the championship ever, and his agents have been banging the drum for some time now. I hope he's worth it, because the speculation linking us with him is growing.

Me too. But it seems that it could be what we're getting.

I guess we'll just have to see how it transpires. For one I wouldn't rule out Ferguson going again for another winger in the summer. And then Zaha himself - I've never seen him play and I just doubt he is that great but you never know. I'd trust Fergie's judgment I guess.

Clegg

United have a very good scouting department and have found a couple of gems in the last few years.

If United sign Zaha its because the scouts and Fergie think he has potential.

Yen

The Times say FSG will ask Dalglish to come back to the club as an ambassador and work at the academy, like he did before he was made manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom