• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Benitez asked if Chelsea looked more dangerous in the last 10 minutes with Ba than in the previous 80 with Torres. "No, I don't think so."

iC2Gew71JAHXj.png

tumblr_m65mmrtvjs1qla4n7.gif

Wilbur

Banned
It sounds stupid to me. It's very confusing but just seems like a mess.

Times, Telegraph and Banned Paper all running with Zaha > United. Think we will get him.

Yeah, that's that it seems like. Don't want to say my judgment is better than SAF's but I'll be relatively underwhelmed if we get to the summer and he's talking him up as a starter. He's good, but its all very raw potential right now.

You just quoted my post but you didn't read it!

I did. here it is below.

Celtic - Rangers was such a massive fixture. Way to go SPL. Way to go.

And then your follow up:

Right. I didn't say it was SPL's fault for Rangers going down. I was implying SPL now has nothing on that scale.

But the problem is, I don't buy your reasoning. You said "Way to go". When you use that phrase it's implying that someone has done something foolish, or is an idiot. As in "Way to go asshole, look what you you just did" And you made it clear who you blamed. "Way to go SPL". It's pretty clear that either you made the post in haste, without thinking it through or you didn't understand the full context of why there is now no old firm fixture. If I'm capable of misreading it, then so are most posters. I'm just ensuring that no-one in this thread who might know very little about Scottish football will come away with the impression that the SPL are to blame. Something that Rangers fans would very much like the world to believe. (I'm not calling you a Rangers fan, I would never want to tar someone with that particular brush).

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Well, I suppose technically the SPL are to blame for the loss of the fixture, since they could've voted to catapult the newco Rangers straight back into the top tier. But that would've undermined the sporting integrity of the entire league to the detriment of all fans.

I did. here it is below.

And then your follow up:

But the problem is, I don't buy your reasoning. You said "Way to go". When you use that phrase it's implying that someone has done something foolish, or is an idiot. As in "Way to go asshole, look what you you just did" And you made it clear who you blamed. "Way to go SPL". It's pretty clear that either you made the post in haste, without thinking it through or you didn't understand the full context of why there is now no old firm fixture. If I'm capable of misreading it, then so are most posters. I'm just ensuring that no-one in this thread who might know very little about Scottish football will come away with the impression that the SPL are to blame. Something that Rangers fans would very much like the world to believe. (I'm not calling you a Rangers fan, I would never want to tar someone with that particular brush).
Who cares?

Kyoufu

I was saying that the SPL now has no big fixture draw. BPL has several fixtures that draw big numbers. SPL only had Celtic vs Rangers. Why am I repeeeeeeating this.

Imagine if Celtic did the same as Rangers. That's what it would take to make people give a shit about Scottish football imo.

I don't know exactly what doldrums are, but Scottish football is in them

Out of interest, do you think the proposed league reformatting is a good idea?

It's a terrible idea. Three 16 team leagues, incorporating some of the highland clubs with three teams down and three teams up in each league with playoffs as in the Championship etc. Then Scottish football would have some actual excitement in the top tier outwith the old firm. We've tried 12 teams before and It wasn't great then. There are enough decent sized teams to make a top tier of 16 and actually have something which doesn't involve teams playing each other as much as 4 times a season in the league alone.

Who cares?

I can't say for certain that you are a Chelsea fan, but if you are it pretty much makes any pithy point you might have had redundant.

Dibbz

Benitez asked if Chelsea looked more dangerous in the last 10 minutes with Ba than in the previous 80 with Torres. "No, I don't think so."

iC2Gew71JAHXj.png

Let's be real. He ain't gonna hang Torres out to dry like that. He is a smart man, he ain't gonna give the media headlines. I'm sure he knows how shit Torres is, otherwise he wouldn't have got Ba. Just give it a few games and Ba will be phased into the starting 11.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I was saying that the SPL now has no big fixture draw. BPL has several fixtures that draw big numbers. SPL only had Celtic vs Rangers. Why am I repeeeeeeating this.
Honestly though, a league so reliant on Celtic and Rangers was horrible for the rest of the clubs, and sadly it'll likely return that way in 4-5 years time. The old SPL voting structure was even created as 11-1 so that Celtic and Rangers could together vote down any proposal that challenged their dominance.

The new structure will be ridiculous and already failed in Austria but anything is better than what we have now so I'm fine with it pushing on.

I can't say for certain that you are a Chelsea fan, but if you are it pretty much makes any pithy point you might have had redundant.
It's closer than that, you can guess his second team. :p

Lightning

Banned
Imagine if Celtic did the same as Rangers. That's what it would take to make people give a shit about Scottish football imo.

I don't know exactly what doldrums are, but Scottish football is in them
Celtic need to get into the Premier league/championship or wherever they would start. Only then can celtic progress as a football club.

The Scottish league is a joke. Celtic need out of there.

Celtic need to get into the Premier league/championship or wherever they would start. Only then can celtic progress as a football club.

They would start at the very bottom just as they should.

Not that FIFA seem to be interested in allowing it.

It's a well established fact that the team somebody supports should invalidate or reinforce the any point they should make.

Oh, not a team. Two words.

John Terry.

the Scottish league is strangely in better health than it has been for a while, even if parts of it are still on life support. Now that most teams can't afford to pay anything like decent wages, young Scottish players are actually getting a chance. The quality isn't great mind, but in the long term we might actually get some decent prospects from it.

rodvik

Seems a joke league is exactly the place Celtic needs to be.

I keed, I keed.

Actually I think you could argue this season Scottish football has got better.

Sage00

Once And Future Member

I don't want to lose our all-but-guaranteed CL qualifier though. European runs are the bread and butter of a club like Celtic and I'd take it any day over going to Wigan or Stoke.

I think some kind of pan-European league with the Scandinavians and Dutch is the most likely progression for Scottish football. This was discussed in the past but it was thought UEFA would block it (since then what's to stop all the big English, German, Spanish and Italian teams forming a league?). But they've just approved the merger of the Russia and Ukraine leagues so the idea has come back up.

rodvik

I don't want to lose our all-but-guaranteed CL qualifier though. European runs are the bread and butter of a club like Celtic and I'd take it any day over going to Wigan or Stoke.

I think some kind of pan-European league with the Scandinavians and Dutch is the most likely progression for Scottish football. This was discussed in the past but it was thought UEFA would block it (since then what's to stop all the big English, German, Spanish and Italian teams forming a league?). But they've just approved the merger of the Russia and Ukraine leagues so the idea has come back up.

Sod that, you can go play the Welsh and the Irish if you want a "pan european league" cant have the Scots fannying around in Scandinavia with the beautiful people, you stick with the rest of us ugly mug Islanders where you belong :)

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Sod that, you can go play the Welsh and the Irish if you want a "pan european league" cant have the Scots fannying around in Scandinavia with the beautiful people, you stick with the rest of us ugly mug Islanders where you belong :)
A "fixture" like Celtic v Shamrock Rovers twice a year is the last thing Scotland needs for its alcohol problems. :lol Guinness shares would skyrocket.

My solution to the Scottish problem is John Terry.
Is he on a free?
Might fit in well at Hearts. :lol

Salazar

We should of all burned our shirts at the first sign of Terry controversy.

Terry controversy is a hilarious distraction from Chelsea being the toy of a murderous crook.

Doron Salomon ‏@DoronSalomon
Macheda linked with Rayo Vallecano, Stuttgart, Levante and Elche today - almost certain to go on loan this Jan

Loan ? SELL SELL SELL

No, you judged me correctly. Shirts are intact.

How dastardly of you. Should have known 'twas but a ruse.

Sage00 said:
Is he on a free?
Might fit in well at Hearts. :lol

Now, hang on a second. Just because Ryan Stevenson is a tit doesn't mean JT should become a JT. Given the nature of the man he'd fit in better at a club that has elevated the likes of Derek Riordan to hero status. Hibernian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom