• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Brendan Rodgers has said it is essential Liverpool retain a "scouse heart" to their first team and believes the club can find the next Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher within their midst.

The Liverpool manager said: "My big thing is getting young players in here from the local area in Liverpool. Look at the history here – Carragher, Gerrard, McManaman, Fowler and Owen. Who have been the best two English players in the Premier League in the last six 0r seven years? Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney. Both scousers, not from a million miles apart, so you are not telling me there is not top young talent out there in Liverpool.

"It is sexy to look at Spain and I am someone who loves working with European players. All my life I have worked with players from different parts of the world. But we mustn't forget what is on our doorstep and, for me, this is a hot-bed for footballers who have passion, hunger and incredible qualities. Bringing that through is a massive part of my job and is something we are trying to put in place."

Yen

Brendan Rodgers has said it is essential Liverpool retain a "scouse heart" to their first team and believes the club can find the next Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher within their midst.

The Liverpool manager said: "My big thing is getting young players in here from the local area in Liverpool. Look at the history here – Carragher, Gerrard, McManaman, Fowler and Owen. Who have been the best two English players in the Premier League in the last six 0r seven years? Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney. Both scousers, not from a million miles apart, so you are not telling me there is not top young talent out there in Liverpool.

"It is sexy to look at Spain and I am someone who loves working with European players. All my life I have worked with players from different parts of the world. But we mustn't forget what is on our doorstep and, for me, this is a hot-bed for footballers who have passion, hunger and incredible qualities. Bringing that through is a massive part of my job and is something we are trying to put in place."

He's the first Liverpool manager to say" sexy" in an interview, surely.

Hixx

Sunderland linked with Virgil van Dijk (what a fucking name). So I google him. Up they fucking pop.

Fucking Everton.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Terry to shag every player's wife and call every black person awful names in order to become the last King of Scotland.
There was a rumour going around last year that Kris Commons had shagged Stevie Gerrard's wife and took out a superinjunction.

2QaKYl.jpg

rodvik

Translation:

FSG have informed me my transfer budget is bugger all and I need to play the kids from the academy. Something, something "thats what Barcelona do."

STFU Brentan.

Translation:

FSG have informed me my transfer budget is bugger all and I need to play the kids from the academy. Something, something "thats what Barcelona do."

Don't be bitter because our young players are actually good

edit: Fuck off have I been on Dark Souls for 5 hours

operon

After dark footy GAF starting off early tonight esp proclaiming john terry as the promised messiah for the spl now I'd walk 500 miles

Yes, you go ahead and do that Rodgers.

ipqQMVBKViuiB.gif

Wilbur

Banned
He tapped him. First, it was just a brush on his shoulder. Josep tried his best to ignore the slight waft of air he had felt hover past his right ear. Then, two fingers rested on his pulse. He could hear Cristiano's deep voice.​
"Papi. Papi. Mi amigo, es mi Cristiano." Josep tilted his head in the opposite direction. But soon, he could not ignore the lips on his lobe, the tongue in his drum. "Josep, que soy yo. El que te hizo estremecerse como el rompimiento de una ola colosal."​
"No tengo nada que decirte", replied the Catalonian. But there was no mistake. The Portuguese international was resting the bulk of his shaft on the top of Josep's rather pristine cranium.​
"Pero ¿qué pasa con la noche del once veces? El momento en que usted tomó mi orejuela en su boca y la besó, dos veces, tres veces, cuatro veces."​
A solitary tear left Josep's eyeball, "Aquellos eran los días."​

Oh and Footey Gaf should have a fair chance at picking up The Americans right at the start so I'm putting this out there. Mark january 30 for it's seasons premiere. New drama series brought to you by FX which centers on the cold war.
Sounds interesting! Hope it comes to Netflix.

@Wilbz, this thread should have a website on the side where we just write articles. Some serious, some facetious, some speculative, some trolling

I'd start with Ten Reasons Why The Europa League Is The New Champions League (and vice versa)

:lol so the trolling parts would be like a football version of the Onion? :p

Wilbur

Banned
Out of interest, do you think the proposed league reformatting is a good idea?

@Wilbz, this thread should have a website on the side where we just write articles. Some serious, some facetious, some speculative, some trolling

I'd start with Ten Reasons Why The Europa League Is The New Champions League (and vice versa)

I've just seen this! Meus tried to set up a blog last year and we just did nothing with it. We should look into it again though, some good writers on here.

Arnie

We brought on a 15 year old school kid dubbed 'the next Steven Gerrard' (by John Aldridge) last night. His first touch was a defence splitting through ball.

Lots of bitterness and jelly in this thread, keep the reactions coming in.

Just 'cus out manager is sexy.

We brought on a 15 year old school kid dubbed 'the next Steven Gerrard' (by John Aldridge) last night. His first touch was a defence splitting through ball.

Lots of bitterness and jelly in this thread, keep the reactions coming in.

Just 'cus out manager is sexy.
Has he been sexy all his life, though?

feel

That was probably all Baia's doing and it's embarassing but not necessarily cheating.

Damn that clip made my eyes watery, seeing Porto win that cup meant the world to me back then, I had never seen my club lift an european trophy (was a toddler when they won the previous one), my heart was on the verge of jumping out of my chest the entire match. The following year we won the fucking Champions League and I barely cared in comparison (Old Trafford upset was amazingly nerve wracking though). Celtic were an amazing opponent.

Arnie

Has he been sexy all his life, though?

Aye. In fact, I was a bit fucked off, to be honest. When Rodgers was at Swansea he was this semi-athletic looking swag magnet, then he comes to Liverpool and he's put on about four stone. The guy's a fucking ball. What happened to this?

Brendan-Rodgers-008.jpg

Anyway, fuck all the skepticism, I love home grown players, especially when they know and love the club. Barcelona love Iniesta, Liverpool love Gerrard, United love Neville etc. They're class. I want more of them.

Yen

In some of the cups next year, I can see Liverpool playing a completely homegrown/academy developed team. McLaughlin, Ibe, and Yesil all look pretty close to the senior squad.

Wilbur

Banned
Does anyone have that gif where it zooms up on that smiling guys face and just fixes on his eyes for what seems like eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom