• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

I think toro are going to lose against Siena. Half of our team are suspended, we let go of sgrigna and agostini a few days ago. Also, juve Stabia are trying to lure are youth away. Hard times for Toro.

Clegg

I find it funny that their are PS3 fans bragging about their console finally outselling the 360 on a worldwide scale.

Seems pointless when they're barely ahead of Microsoft and miles behind Nintendo.

Herzog's Child ‏@Herzogschild
#askVieira Ever misplaced a pass, Pat?

Herzog's Child ‏@Herzogschild
#askVieira I'll see you out there, shall I?

:D :D :D

Kyoufu

I find it funny that their are PS3 fans bragging about their console finally outselling the 360 on a worldwide scale.

Seems pointless when they're barely ahead of Microsoft and miles behind Nintendo.

Payback for years of "PS3 has no gaemz" torment probably ;p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
234.jpg

232.jpg

231.jpg

228.jpg

Evra?

Why does Evra look so good in terms of stats?

Seen a few bits and bobs which show him as one of the best performing full backs stats wise. He was seriously awful last season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Evra?

Why does Evra look so good in terms of stats?

Seen a few bits and bobs which show him as one of the best performing full backs stats wise. He was seriously awful last season.

I'm not sure.

Four goals, 2 assists, 2 MoTM and zero yellows/reds. Nice stats all around, like Clichy last season.
3AQmK.gif

Yen

Jordan Rossiter is apparently the new Gerrard. Thoughts From any Liverpool supporters? I've not seen him play.
He's too young for anyone of us to have seen him, he must only be around 15 or so. That 3 minute cameo was his televisual debut. But I know Fowler and Aldridge used that moniker during the week, and he's meant to be very highly rated. England U16 captain too.

Piszczek has been awesome in 11/12, but is not really beasting atm.
Götze would have been on there if he didn't get injured. I'm sure he'll make the list this time around (at least as a sub).

PS3 will make n1, suck it haters.

/goes looking for Mr. Selfridge
//Balo's shit is getting stale

Hixx

So we've signed Kadar Mangane. 6 month loan, option to buy.

6 foot 4.

Shame he won't be able to play on saturday, could do with his height vs an Allardyce team.

Just a reaction to years of America-centric idiots going on about MS overtaking Sony in the console space.

Fact of the matter is that the PS3 has sold more than the 360, but has still been a massive financial disappointment when compared to the PS2. And barely ahead of the 360 is still pretty good considering how far MS have come this gen, and the year's headstart. It's not like its just crawled past the Dreamcast

Linius

Well, it's time to give my buddy from work his weekly FIFA beatings. I hope Liverpool will talk about Assaidi soon in the meanwhile.

Arnie

Jordan Rossiter is apparently the new Gerrard. Thoughts From any Liverpool supporters? I've not seen him play.

Too young to tell, really. Came on for three minutes against Inter and played a sublime little through ball that would've put Yesil through on goal if he'd held his run by about a yard. People who've seen plenty of him rave about him though. And he's scouse, so that's a plus.

Loving the United confidence gushing through in the previous page, keep it coming. Will it be 4, 5, or 6? Will Van Persie get a hat trick?

GQman2121

Banned
Both of those sales threads sound like terrible ideas. I hope people going into them looking to start trouble are swiftly dealt with. I just don't understand the appeal of discussing how much or how little a game or system sells.

Sergio Ramos has been suspended 5 games for what he did yesterday.
No Ramos or Pepe for the next 5 games then.

Trouble.

Too young to tell, really. Came on for three minutes against Inter and played a sublime little through ball that would've put Yesil through on goal if he'd held his run by about a yard. People who've seen plenty of him rave about him though. And he's scouse, so that's a plus.

Loving the United confidence gushing through in the previous page, keep it coming. Will it be 4, 5, or 6? Will Van Persie get a hat trick?
4-1.

RVP x 2, Kagawa, Evra

Suarez

What's your prediction?

Both of those sales threads sound like terrible ideas. I hope people going into them looking to start trouble are swiftly dealt with. I just don't understand the appeal of discussing how much or how little a game or system sells.

In Sony's case, it is massively important that their consoles succeed. Nintendo have enough in the bank to survive what looks like being a disaster in the WiiU's case, and MS have other divisions to prop up the Xbox if it fails. Sony have about 3 profitable divisions, Playstation is th biggest I think

Bo-Locks

No, I don't think there will be any hat tricks. But Kagawa to get his first goal of the calendar year. 4-1. RVP x2 and goal machine Evra. Suarez to get a consolation goal for Liverpool.

EDIT: Haha. I didn't even see Viva's post.

Arnie

4-1.

RVP x 2, Kagawa, Evra

Suarez

What's your prediction?

Is Kagawa playing? Wide left in a four, four, two?

My prediction's 2-2, Suarez and Gerrard (pen) to score, Van Persie and Evra for United.

No, I don't think there will be any hat tricks. But Kagawa to get his first goal of the calendar year. 4-1. RVP x2 and goal machine Evra. Suarez to get a consolation goal for Liverpool.
How's Viva's arsehole?

Hixx

So we've signed Kadar Mangane. 6 month loan, option to buy.

6 foot 4.

Shame he won't be able to play on saturday, could do with his height vs an Allardyce team.

quoting myself but omg

there is a video on youtube of him breaking someone's leg :( I feel legit sick, fucking hell

Garjon

In Sony's case, it is massively important that their consoles succeed. Nintendo have enough in the bank to survive what looks like being a disaster in the WiiU's case, and MS have other divisions to prop up the Xbox if it fails. Sony have about 3 profitable divisions, Playstation is th biggest I think

No, insurance is still its biggest, that alone almost put Sony in the black a couple of years ago. The problem with Sony is that they have massive overheads due to constant infighting causing them to release a bunch of nearly identical 2nd grade products without any real flagship item.

The biggest twats in its Entertainment division is easily SCEE middle management; the way they treated some of the best developers just to save their own arses is appalling.

Arnie

Sales-age is dull.

Sony's consoles feel designed with 2005 still in mind. I feel like I'm playing a powerful PS2. None of my friends own or play on it for that reason, and even if we all did we couldn't communicate with each other like on Xbox Live. If I play games I want it to be a social experience 90% of the time, excluding when I'm sat down to play a strictly solitary experience like Bioshock.

The simple task of privatised voice chat, and including a fucking microphone in the box single handedly blew the PS3 away. It makes the process of getting online and playing with friends simple, and easy.

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool

Downing 1

Van Persie penalty 2
Webb 98

Penalty given to Man Utd after Jonny Evans double-foots Lucas on the half way line
Evans will do another of his trademark two footed lunges, guaranteed. He'll get away with it, too.

Fucking shithouse.

Sales-age is dull.

Sony's consoles feel designed with 2005 still in mind. I feel like I'm playing a powerful PS2. None of my friends own or play on it for that reason, and even if we all did we couldn't communicate with each other like on Xbox Live. If I play games I want it to be a social experience 90% of the time, excluding when I'm sat down to play a strictly solitary experience like Bioshock.

The simple task of privatised voice chat, and including a fucking microphone in the box single handedly blew the PS3 away. It makes the process of getting online and playing with friends simple, and easy.

Didn't you have to pay like £50 for a proprietary wi-fi adaptor?

GQman2121

Banned
No, insurance is still its biggest, that alone almost put Sony in the black a couple of years ago. The problem with Sony is that they have massive overheads due to constant infighting causing them to release a bunch of nearly identical 2nd grade products without any real flagship item.

The biggest twats in its Entertainment division is easily SCEE middle management; the way they treated some of the best developers just to save their own arses is appalling.

Like closing the Liverpool studio?

I've been following their new Xperia phones pretty closely the last few weeks. If you're an Android user they're looking pretty amazing.

Garjon

Like closing the Liverpool studio?

I've been following their new Xperia phones pretty closely the last few weeks. If you're an Android user they're looking pretty amazing.

Sony Liverpool was something else entirely; the studio that got it was Sony Cambridge who were scapegoated for Killzone 2 not making back its budget.

The new Xperias do look good and they seem to be moving away from stuff like the TV business a little as that was the part of the company that keeps trying to kill them, but they also seem to be going back to the more focused approach that made them so successful in the first place.

Hixx

I'll pay £2.50 a month for a much better experience than what PSN offers to be honest

It's less than 10p a day. Go a couple of days without wanking and you'll make it back on toilet roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom