• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

He is a quality ball playing defender. He was in and out for the last few months due various injury and a hernia. A lot of big clubs like PSG and Man utd want him. Also, shit clubs like inter, AC milan, and Rubentus want him too. I read that Cairo (owner) wants at least 15mil for him. I don't see him going to newcastle tbh.

15 mil?

Yeah we're not paying an Alan Shearer for any player. Oh well :(

Didn't know BT had signed up Jake Humphrey's to be their anchor on their new sports channels.

Guardian are saying they've set aside billions of pounds to buy up sports rights including PL/CL. Looks like even more money is going to be ploughed into the BPL...latest TV rights deal was crazy as it is.

Kyoufu

Didn't know BT had signed up Jake Humphrey's to be their anchor on their new sports channels.

Guardian are saying they've set aside billions of pounds to buy up sports rights including PL/CL. Looks like even more money is going to be ploughed into the BPL...latest TV rights deal was crazy as it is.

Soon Wigan will be able to buy Ronaldo.

ShogunX

That's also forgetting that PSN doesn't force every user to use said menus rather than doing everything (invites, messages etc) in the game.

Are you saying this is a bad thing? Online features built into the console OS should be the standard.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Our stadium is almost twice the capacity of Stadio Grande Torino. That means we are a big club.

:)

34849387.jpg

It was a shit stadium though.

dc89

So when the owners underwriting all the debts accrued from massive wage bills leave, what then?

Maybe you could afford a decent manager.

You certainly need new players.

Seven points off the lead and crashed out of the CL group stages again.

Oh dear.

Oh the banter! xD

---

Another fun PNE fact. Richard Wright signed for them and then left one week later on mutual consent citing homesickness. He later signed for City. :lolol

Extra money for TV rights will be a good thing for United.

Pay down dat debt.
Very true and I don't know if this is what the Glazers envisaged when the took over or if it was their original 'plan' (I doubt it was, the financial downturn must have wrecked alot of their plans) - but this is now falling into place very nicely for them.

In 2 years time the club will have an extra £100m+ in revenue, guaranteed.

Astronomical amount of money, will be intrigued to see what they do with it.

Bizarre we've got to this situation, 2 years ago it seemed like the debt was crippling the club and looking forwards now, it can be serviced with ease. The added revenue will be able to pay for the interest bill 3 times over.

Az

Enjoying the smack talk.

Also, I made a separate account just for Brazil 2014, hoping Bosnia will qualify. If not, hookers and coke it is.

Clegg

Very true and I don't know if this is what the Glazers envisaged when the took over or if it was their original 'plan' (I doubt it was, the financial downturn must have wrecked alot of their plans) - but this is now falling into place very nicely for them.

In 2 years time the club will have an extra £100m+ in revenue, guaranteed.

Astronomical amount of money, will be intrigued to see what they do with it.

Bizarre we've got to this situation, 2 years ago it seemed like the debt was crippling the club and looking forwards now, it can be serviced with ease. The added revenue will be able to pay for the interest bill 3 times over.
I reckon they'll keep a lot for themselves and get rid of enough debt to make the interest bill more manageable.

I'd be OK with that as United generate so much money anyway. It might enable us to be more competitive in the transfer market.

dc89

Another great City signing.

He's on pennies a week and he helps with the home grown quota.

By the time Rekik, Razak, Wabara, Lopes & Suarez break through we won't need the likes of Sinclair or Wright just to make the quota. Salazar calls this 'Destiny Talk'.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Here we go

Juventus hit back at Napoli for “trying to create controversy out of nothing” with their reaction to Claudio Marchisio’s comments.

The midfielder told the Corriere della Sera that he felt “antipathy” towards Napoli and was particularly fired up when playing against them.

The Southern club responded with a statement criticising his “grave insult to Napoli and to Italian football,” demanding clarification.

That arrived this evening with a statement on the official Juventus website.

“Claudio Marchisio expressed an opinion during an interview with the Style section of the Corriere della Sera.

“This opinion was clearly referring to the healthy sense of competition that has seen Napoli and Juventus take part in fiery and spectacular matches.

“There was no offence: failing to comprehend that means trying to create controversy out of nothing.”

world-cup-2014-logo.jpg

Do we really have to say something? Next time let's just ignore them shall we.

I reckon they'll keep a lot for themselves and get rid of enough debt to make the interest bill more manageable.

I'd be OK with that as United generate so much money anyway. It might enable us to be more competitive in the transfer market.
Yeah that sounds about right.

It'll be interesting to see how much they actually do pay down the debt. Paying down £100m of it would save something like £12m/year on the interest bill. If the club can service it comfortably...may not be their prime aim.

Interesting anyhow, definitely favours us with regards to FFP because extends our profit margin beyond most other clubs in Europe so theoretically, makes us alot stronger.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Palpable is my new favourite word by the way.

Thanks to Sal and Viva.
KuGsj.gif

someone with questions like ”how?”, "when?" and "but what about the evidence?"
So he's not Italian then?

He's on pennies a week and he helps with the home grown quota.

By the time Rekik, Razak, Wabara, Lopes & Suarez break through we won't need the likes of Sinclair or Wright just to make the quota. Salazar calls this 'Destiny Talk'.

#basedMarwood thinks of everything.

Clegg

Yeah that sounds about right.

It'll be interesting to see how much they actually do pay down the debt. Paying down £100m of it would save something like £12m/year on the interest bill. If the club can service it comfortably...may not be their prime aim.

Interesting anyhow, definitely favours us with regards to FFP because extends our profit margin beyond most other clubs in Europe so theoretically, makes us alot stronger.
I doubt we'll see them pay off 100m.

They'll probably pay off another £40m-£50m by 2017 and then refinance the loan deal.

Refinancing is an option right?

I doubt we'll see them pay off 100m.

They'll probably pay off another £40m-£50m by 2017 and then refinance the loan deal.

Refinancing is an option right?
Oh, that reminds me, refinancing is indeed an option and I was reading that because the debt will now be considered alot less "toxic" they can probably refinance with half the interest.

So I suppose that's the manoeuvre they'll try to pull.

Clegg

Oh, that reminds me, refinancing is indeed an option and I was reading that because the debt will now be considered alot less "toxic" they can probably refinance with half the interest.

So I suppose that's the manoeuvre they'll try to pull.
Those are my thoughts too. Its not in the Glazers interests to pay off massive sums of money by 2017.

If they can refinance the loan for an extra 10 years and at a reduced interest rate then they'll take that option. Its probably the best option for the club too.

What will make this new deal so beneficial to Man Utd particularly? Ourselves, Arsenal and Chelsea are on TV just as much as far as I'm aware. Plus, I hope it as least almost evenly spread. If it was like La Liga, it could kickstart a rapid decline of interest in Engish football and general league quality

What will make this new deal so beneficial to Man Utd particularly? Ourselves, Arsenal and Chelsea are on TV just as much as far as I'm aware. Plus, I hope it as least almost evenly spread. If it was like La Liga, it could kickstart a rapid decline of interest in Engish football and general league quality
Everybody will get more and it will be spread just as evenly.

It's just it extends our profit margin from something like £20m-£30m after interest/tax to somewhere close to £80m and then the new sponsorship deals push that figure well into the £100m's.

So it secures us from the debt and should increase our transfer budget to something more competitive.

Alot of the added TV money will probably be absorbed in added costs though. Because everybody will be getting more wages will likely rise across the board. Transfer fees too.

Everybody will get more and it will be spread just as evenly.

It's just it extends our profit margin from something like £20m-£30m after interest/tax to somewhere close to £80m and then the new sponsorship deals push that figure well into the £100m's.

So it secures us from the debt and should increase our transfer budget to something more competitive.

Alot of the added TV money will probably be absorbed in added costs though. Because everybody will be getting more wages will likely rise across the board. Transfer fees too.

Is that a joke?

operon

bt know triple play is what people want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom