• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Is anyone going to watch the new series of Yes, Prime Minister?

Not just here, but anywhere? Its gonna be embarassingly bad, as will the new series of Red Dwarf & Bottom

I've never watched the original, but the fact it's airing on UKTV Gold is proof of its likely lack of quality. (Same applies for any original programming on Dave)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Fade

This looked nice as well. :p

jIue4QblhB9mq.jpg

You're right about why we got Peluso, I just don't want to see him start ahead of Caceres.
What's with the Pavel avatars?
No reason <3 I saw his golden locks (in black in white) and I couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon.
We're not signing a new striker are we guys
Of course not. (tearful Bane's voice)

I've never watched the original, but the fact it's airing on UKTV Gold is proof of its likely lack of quality. (Same applies for any original programming on Dave)

Precisely. Argumental is the only slightly watchable original programme on either channel. Red Dwarf made me feel bad for everyone involved, and fans of the original

If we get battered don't expect me to post here for a few days, after the initial flurry of 'Fuck off you corrupt Manc cunts, and I hope Howard Webb breaks his legs' posts :p

Kyoufu

If we get battered don't expect me to post here for a few days, after the initial flurry of 'Fuck off you corrupt Manc cunts, and I hope Howard Webb breaks his legs' posts :p

Well we went there and there was only one goal that separated the two sides. I'm sure you won't get battered.

I couldn't take Bane seriously because of his accent

Oh, and the film was about half an hour too long and the whole
prison pit thing was unnecessary and the fact that EVERYONE apparently was related to each other was just plain silly. I liked the Robin nod though

Yeah I watched TDKR today

Kyoufu

prison pit thing was unnecessary and the fact that EVERYONE apparently was related to each other was just plain silly. I liked the Robin nod though

Forza whichever club is your rival.

I just watched Leaving Las Vegas. I love you Cage.

Loved that film. Cage is a legend.

Here we go :D

WJD

Yeah I thought it was a bit rubbish in comparison to TDK.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marchisio: "After the Supercoppa final, I developed a dislike towards the whole team of Napoli."

Marchisio went on to name Gerrard, Maldini, Javier Zanetti & Del Piero as players he looks up to, calling them "gentlemen".

His idols are all one-club men <3

Kind of

Screw you guys! :(

I just want to see RVP drafted with a bunch of shit players.

Oh wait nvm he played at Arsenal already.

HAHAHAHA

Deflection, Kyoufu? Still in the denial stage. You'll pass nicely into anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. Unfortunately, however, Newcastle is already dead.

Edit: Marchisio has no time for moral winners of Italy. Zanetti is truly a legend. I also love how, in my mind, Pavel is still a one-club hero despite obviously playing for Lazio. There's no history if it's pre-Juve.

Elias has been loaned to Flamengo for a year. Good to see that we are cleaning house and sending away all the cunts. I rather see some inexperienced young player who loves the club than an over payed mercenary who wants to leave the club when things go bad.

Soooooo.... apparently Bilbao would prefer to let Llorente go out on a Bosman in June than take money from us now in January; the logic I guess would be that if Bilbao is without Llorente from January on that they'll stand to lose more money in ticket/shirt sales, sponsorship, and wins/table position than the €4m we've offered. Apparently, then, Marotta has prepared a €7m deal to sign him now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Deflection, Kyoufu? Still in the denial stage. You'll pass nicely into anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. Unfortunately, however, Newcastle is already dead.

Edit: Marchisio has no time for moral winners of Italy. Zanetti is truly a legend. I also love how, in my mind, Pavel is still a one-club hero despite obviously playing for Lazio. There's no history if it's pre-Juve.

I don't think he remembers that he played for Lazio.
KuGsj.gif

0.jpg

Scored and celebrated.

Soooooo.... apparently Bilbao would prefer to let Llorente go out on a Bosman in June than take money from us now in January; the logic I guess would be that if Bilbao is without Llorente from January on that they'll stand to lose more money in ticket/shirt sales, sponsorship, and wins/table position than the €4m we've offered. Apparently, then, Marotta has prepared a €7m deal to sign him now.

For the love of FUCK let's sign him.

I know it's better to sign him on a Bosman (obviously) and slowly integrate him into the team. BUT FUCK THAT! Let's get him NOW.

Clegg

Liverpool always raise their game for United.

Doesn't matter if they're in poor form. They always pull one out of the bag when playing us.

Suarez is 6/1 for first goalscorer, pretty good shout that.

It's gonna be interesting with Suarez on the weekend. I'm assuming Sturridge will start and play through the middle and Suarez will be given his free role. It'll be tough to pick him up. If Carrick stick to him he'll be dragged all over and leave big gaps in the midfield for Liverpool to come through. If he's starting out wide he'll be cutting in so we'll have to make sure he's dealt with well, our fullbacks tend to get caught out of position so Liverpool could get quite alot of joy down the flanks if Suarez is playing out there and having a good game. And if one of the CB's come out to pick him up he will easily turn them and get in behind.

He's gonna give us lots of problems on the weekend.

I guess the answer is:

_65027670_65027660.jpg

WJD

Think we'll scrape a win through RVP but otherwise Pool will raise their game and we'll look turgid and off the pace in midfield.

Liverpool dominate, we win 2-1
You seem sure they'll dominate. I'm not sure. It's at Old Trafford. We have the highest possession stat in the league. Liverpool do play a passing game and our midfield isn't great, but I fully expect us to be on the front foot in this game. Cleverley and Carrick have been quietly very good for us over the last 6 weeks.

Although considering the way Liverpool play the old counter-attack tactic we used to play against Arsenal wouldn't be a bad shout - but yeah, I think we'll be very much going for this and play a fast tempo with width.

Yen

Suarez to get sent off for swearing at the ref, and then lashing out and kicking Jonny Evans when dispossessed.

Wilbur

Banned
You seem sure they'll dominate. I'm not sure. It's at Old Trafford. We have the highest possession stat in the league. Liverpool do play a passing game and our midfield isn't great, but I fully expect us to be on the front foot in this game. Cleverley and Carrick have been quietly very good for us over the last 6 weeks.

Although considering the way Liverpool play the old counter-attack tactic we used to play against Arsenal wouldn't be a bad shout - but yeah, I think we'll be very much going for this and play a fast tempo with width.

Do we have the highest possession stat, fuck me :lol

But yeah, I've said a few times recently that I loved the way we used to set up against Arsenal; tearing them apart on the counter. When we did it in the CL semis that was fucking great. It's only this year we've actually controlled a match against them in recent memory, but we've never looked like losing.

I think it'll follow the same pattern this weekend; they'll have all the possession, we'll be two up because of some great counter attacks and then they'll score in the last 20 and make shit nervy for us.

Do we have the highest possession stat, fuck me :lol

But yeah, I've said a few times recently that I loved the way we used to set up against Arsenal; tearing them apart on the counter. When we did it in the CL semis that was fucking great. It's only this year we've actually controlled a match against them in recent memory, but we've never looked like losing.

I think it'll follow the same pattern this weekend; they'll have all the possession, we'll be two up because of some great counter attacks and then they'll score in the last 20 and make shit nervy for us.
Somebody posted a table here a couple of weeks ago where we were top with an average of 60%. May have changed now I guess, but yeah we're up there at least.

I still think Rooney will be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom