• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

I decided to play Mass Effect 3 without importing my save from Mass Effect 1 and 2.

The game is complete shite if you have no previous ME saves. There are choices you make in 1 and 2 that have consequences in 3. If you don't save a save from those games than Bioware makes the choices for you. And they make the worst fucking ones.

Awful stuff.

I thought about starting a fresh ME3 game alongside my import save that I'm currently playing. Guess I made a wise decision not to. lol

GorillaJu

Isn't that exactly what people want, though? I personally like the idea of a multi-game saga where what I did in the first game carries over from one game to the next. It's like an ultra-lite version of D&D, except without the incomprehensible nerdery.

There will always be an advantage for the people who played the first two and imported their characters, but that's part of the fun of it. The people who invested themselves into the story early on get to enjoy the full experience.

Of course, that says nothing about the content of the story itself, which deteriorates rapidly in quality from title to title, but as a concept I'm all for it.

rodvik

We aren't even ten days in. Chill

Man, we knew what we needed two months ago.

Not having anything lined up for january 1st was unforgivable, ten days later is just insane.

Now we are going into a game which could well dump us into the relegation zone with no signings? That makes it even harder to recruit and then get us out of the relegation zone.

Crazy.

edit: Actually i cant chill, i am now in full blown freak out mode.

Buy anyone! :)

FootballFan

Koptimism. Yeah it admirable in a way. I am all out of optimism. My club seem to have just given up. Depressing.

If it makes any difference, were I the club president of Barca I would loan out Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to Aston Villa.

Would make La Liga more interesting and Aston Villa would be CL spot contenders by next month.

I meant to post this a few days ago, but Lambert is fucking mental if he thinks a 20 year old Brazilian midfielder is the answer to Villa's problems. They'll be more than just flirting with relegation if he doesn't get some experienced players into that team.

Kyoufu

I meant to post this a few days ago, but Lambert is fucking mental if he thinks a 20 year old Brazilian midfielder is the answer to Villa's problems. They'll be doing more than just flirting with relegation of he doesn't get some experience into that team.

Shh... we're depending on Villa to be worse than us.

Salazar

rodvik

If it makes any difference, were I the club president of Barca I would loan out Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to Aston Villa.

Would make La Liga more interesting and Aston Villa would be CL spot contenders by next month.

Good man!

I meant to post this a few days ago, but Lambert is fucking mental if he thinks a 20 year old Brazilian midfielder is the answer to Villa's problems. They'll be more than just flirting with relegation if he doesn't get some experienced players into that team.

Hell I was just thrilled to be linked to a half exciting player. Turns out it isnt true anyway, so back to normal for us.

Shh... we're depending on Villa to be worse than us.

You can trust us mate, dont worry.

Yen

Lol Perfect

Everton's wage bill rises to 75% of turnover
• Overall debt rises from £44.9m to £46m for 2011-12
• Club record net loss of £9.1m for the same period

The financial constraints on David Moyes's attempts to lead Everton into the Champions League have been underlined in the club's latest set of accounts that show a net loss of £9.1m for 2011–12 and wages rising to 75% of turnover.

Everton's loss increased by approximately £4m on 2010-11 and overall debt rose from £44.9m to £46m, despite the sales of Mikel Arteta, Yakubu Ayegbeni, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, James Vaughan and Jermaine Beckford.

Nikica Jelavic and Darron Gibson were Moyes's only permanent signings in that period, though Steven Pienaar and Landon Donovan were signed on loan and new contracts were awarded to Marouane Fellaini, Tim Howard, Phil Neville and Ross Barkley.

The club's wage bill increased from £58m in 2010-11 to a record £63.4m the following year. Wages accounted for an alarming 75% of turnover, which fell from £82m to £80.5m as a result of four fewer games being selected for live television, lower attendances and a fall in season-ticket sales.

Bill Kenwright, Everton's chairman, said: "The last financial year presented us with a new series of challenges in addition to the usual pressures we confront on a regular basis. An inexplicable lack of support from our broadcast partners resulted in a significant reduction in live TV selections on previous years, while a fall in gate receipts and season-ticket sales also had a negative impact on our bottom line."

Moyes recently admitted "there is only a small amount available for maybe a couple of loan signings" in January, despite taking Everton into contention for Champions League qualification in the final season before a record Premier League television deal comes into effect.

(lol)

Kyoufu

of the Championship?

7eO9r.jpg

Kyoufu

Going back to Chelsea would be so pointless other than a major cash injection into your bank account. He already has money.

Come revive your mentor's club.

GQman2121

Banned
I can't imagine what type of guarantees would have to be in place for Jose to even consider coming back to us. It wouldn't fit his personality if I'm honest.

What's more likely to happen is.......

United win the treble this year; Fergie retires on top; and then Jose takes over and United dominate for another decade.

Yen

On the field the desire and application of Fernando Torres, who was booed off by Chelsea’s supporters when he was replaced by Demba Ba in the Capital One Cup semi-final, is under scrutiny again.

In training, he appears disinterested and his team-mates have lost count of the number of times he has told them he wishes he was back at Liverpool. Some of the Chelsea players wish he was.

lol

Yep that sounds like a banned paper story.

Even if there's no doubt truth to him being a moody cunt at training too, but with dailymail adding shit here and there to make it more interesting. He and Rafa can fuck right back if they want though.

"Ivanovic was livid with his performance and most of the players steered well clear of the defender after the final whistle."

STAY AWAY FROM THE PREMIER ASS

"Chelsea’s owner has been fully briefed about the discontent back at Stamford Bridge.
He is aware of the Twitter storm that erupted after Wednesday’s 1-0 defeat against QPR and he felt the backlash again following the scandalous cup defeat at home by Swansea two days ago."

Gourlay storming into Romans office to update him on the latest tweets from angry fans. Bet he's following Fady.

Salazar

Banned Paper is a fucking embarrassment.

Lampard to United makes perfect sense/ticks all the boxes etc.

Sure, fuckwit. Replacing old midfielders with old midfielders is a fucking genius move.

TrueBlue

I keep hearing people who are certain Lamps will go to United, but I don't see the benefit on United's end. It would make no sense.

Clegg

I think every mainstream British paper is now reporting Zaha to United.

Which of course means he's going to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom