• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys accept him back Liverpool gaf?

Torres - Yes, with far lower wages and a reasonable transfer fee

Rafa - Not unless Rodgers proves himself incapable. I'll always have something in my head that wills for his return, not helped by the feeling that he never had a chance to rectify the mistakes he made in summer 2009 and the following season, or the chance to make use of the fruits of his labout regarding our academy. But it would be stupid to get rid of Rodgers right now when we're (slowly) improving (in terms of the first team at least, that second team still needs a lot of tactical work)

Quiche is the best poster here

Bought the book adaptation of The Killing just now. Another one to add to the pile of books I'll get round to in a couple of years

Zabojnik

marchisio1.jpg

So, yeah, Zero Dark Thirty was really good.

Carbonox

Like, right now? Have these players no fucking shame? Same with Ba. Like rats abandoning a singing sheep.

Yeah. He wants out before the month's over but the Argentina transfer window closes next week if I read the San Lorenzo's president's quote right. So I'd be surprised if it did happen in January.

Coloccini should wait until the Summer if he had any respect. I fucking hate football players.

Zabojnik

Nolan doing Interstellar, a sci-fi/time travel film. I don't give a shit what people think about Nolan and/or time travel movies. More (likely not terrible) sci-fi = :D

Lightning

Banned
10 days gone and were barely linked to anyone. As I thought we will need to achieve 4th spot with our current squad. We are an Arteta injury away from being in the shit over our head and being lucky to make the Europa league which I don't want us to be involved in anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tutjan11.jpeg

"United want him as the heir to Ferguson"

I'm not sure the hairdryer treatment in Italian is as effective.

Salazar

Rehost please. It's not working

It is. You are the one who is not working Bacon.

Wenger drivel

Wenger: 'The fact that both teams need a win will make for an open game'
Wenger: 'This is a vital period for us. We are on a positive run overall'
Wenger: 'We need another positive result in a big game to be completely confident
Wenger: 'We are still working in the transfer market but we only want exceptional players'
Wenger on Walcott: 'As long as nothing is signed, you are cautious. I'm optimistic we'll get to a happy conclusion
Wenger on Bendtner: 'He is injured and he won't play for Juventus before March'
Wenger on ticket prices: 'Ideally you want prices to be affordable to everybody. It's a delicate subject'
Wenger: 'We try to give value for money. Our attitude is to achieve that'
Wenger: 'There's different ways to be successful in football. Money helps but is not the only way'
Wenger: 'We have no problem with people wanting to join us'
Wenger: 'In England you are always under pressure to buy'

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol now L'Equipe are saying Ade has had enough of the Togo FA and is ready to pull out of the ACON:

Tottenham were left planning for the next 3-4 weeks or so with just one striker, and Andre Villas Boas has appeared quite happy to simply get on with that. However, if there was a honeymoon period when Adebayor decided to commit himself to the squad then it's now truly over. L'Equipe are running two stories, a lengthy one in their paper edition but a more up to date one online, which explains the chaos behind Adebayor's new unhappiness.

The original squad which coach Didier Six picked, and Adebayor was aware of before agreeing to play, has now been changed and the assumption is that officials are taking a larger part in picking the football players than they should. Whilst arguments in the past have related to money and off the pitch arrangements, this time it has worked its way into the playing area.

L'Equipe say that Adebayor is ready to 'slam the door' on his country and 'throw in the towel', that would mean that Tottenham would expect the player back within days after he joins up with the Togo squad. He may decide not to travel at all and the pull the plug on the whole idea, but the offer a trip back to Africa may prove tempting for the striker. If things don't go his way then he'd return to London and not take part in the tournament.

kharma45

I'm rather hoping it does. His spiel about "inspiring curvy girls to lose weight" made my mind up. Mentally under-developed little charm vacuum.

That and the no condoms thing for random person he's met over the internet.

In my head it's going to get an interesting turn when it's not really a girl and in fact a gang planning to take him hostage for ransom or something like that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
KuGsj.gif

Maybe we shouldn't talk about that thread in here.
KuGsj.gif
The last thing we need is another ban to a regular.

I'm rather hoping it does. His spiel about "inspiring curvy girls to lose weight" made my mind up. Mentally under-developed little charm vacuum.

Detective GAF is slowly coming to the fore in that thread, we'll know that girls entire life story on a few hours. And we'll find out that its not actually a girl while OP is on the plane and then it will be too late.

Ushojax

Why Spurs waste their time with this idiot is beyond me. Since he left arsenal his career has only gone down in my opinion but I'm glad the mercenary left. He's a disruptive cunt.

Eh, I like him. He's a unique player and did very well for us last season. He hasn't displayed any more attitude than any other player we have, he's just got a reputation. ACON was always going to be a mini-fiasco due to him almost dying at a previous tournament. The club have no reason to be annoyed at losing him, we knew there was an ACON when we signed him and we knew he had returned to international duty.

Salazar

Wenger quizzed on whether prices fair for City. 'They have a choice. You can choose to go to the theatre or not. Of course it's fair.'

Dat Frenchness

FROGIE PRESSER

Team news
Wayne's still out. I'm hoping he starts training today, in which case he won't be far away. I don't think it's a big issue but it will help him along. The injury is quite straightforward so if he starts today we should have him available for Wednesday's game. Nani's back in training and will be in the squad on Sunday. Phil Jones is back, although I think Wednesday is more likely for him. Anderson has been back training for 10 days so he'll be in the squad on Sunday. All in all, we're in a healthy situation. How long it will last I don't know but it's good to have them back.

Liverpool preview
It's a derby game - it's intense, emotional. Everything you can think of in a derby game will be there on Sunday. We go into the game in reasonable form. I obviously made changes last Sunday - Carrick and Evra had a rest after a full contribution in December. They deserved a rest. Robin van Persie came on and scored an unbelievable goal. He's available.

Transfers
There's nothing to report! It's January, what can I say? I know you're desperate for a story but there's no story. I've got nothing to tell you.

Anderson

Wenger quizzed on whether prices fair for City. 'They have a choice. You can choose to go to the theatre or not. Of course it's fair.'

Dat Frenchness

I doubt many people pay £40+ once or twice every week for 9 months a year, especially if you take your kids as well

Besides the football we play these days is boring as hell

@johncrossmirror: #afc Wenger said: 'we work in the transfer market, but we don't work on average, only exceptional player and so far not found him.'

@johncrossmirror: #afc Wenger: 'we have no problem in players wanting to join us. I'll give you my phone for 24 hours! We can afford 90 per cent of them.'

So we can get 90% of players, have the money to do it and yet we can't find this 'exceptional' player requirement that Giroud and Poldolski have?

Love the guy but he has completely lost it

Ushojax

Wenger says the same things every transfer window.

'we are looking to improve all areas'....'need to sell players first'....'only an exceptional player'....'Diaby will be like a new signing'

GAF, please join me in celebrating the fact City have rose to the top of the official Twitter PL Table.

http://blog.uk.twitter.com/2013/01/twitterleaguetable.html?m=1

They take into account team members on twitter, official hash tags, and how the club interacts with fans.

Thank you for your continued support in my PR adventure and making MCFC massive-r than before.

We are brilliant. I always forget to properly hash tag my tweets with #mcfc tho, must make the effort more!

Lightning

Banned
So we can get 90% of players, have the money to do it and yet we can't find this 'exceptional' player requirement that Giroud and Poldolski have?

Love the guy but he has completely lost it
To be honest I would rather him take his time and hopefully get it right when buying someone. Do you want another Chamkah, Gervinho etc...? The problem is we need 20-30mil pound players and we can afford them but refuse to buy them. Wenger will buy a 10-15mil one and hope for the best. Not a good policy and I'm glad he's thinking more carefully about such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom