• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Sherlock Bacon: hmm, not bad, but there could be an option to hide one's profile from outsiders (non-registered ppl.) like on okc.

yeah I guess OkCupid isnt that bad, I signed up one time and looked at a couple of profiles / questions and was rather intrigued. But I didnt pursue it any further, it was still fun though und it looked better than most other sites.

Tbh I'm still a little skeptical. He already posted a fake ass story once before: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107071&highlight=

( Btw. The Fogell / McLovin comments were spot on: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16277719&postcount=25562 )

If you just signed up (without completing your profile and receiving a couple of 4-5 star ratings) you only see a really narrow selection of ppl. (teh uglies).

It's the first dating site I've ever used*. So I was kinda excited and I guess spilled too many beans in here, but then again, still better than people talking about their masturbation marathons :p

* well I did register on match.com back when I was in US, but only because I expected to live far off campus, but I ended up living close by and partied almost every night, doing keg stands (<--) and whatnot

/edit
ok they found her now. Now what? People will still be nice and tell him she looks awesome and may she does, to him - so what's the deal? He's still a stupid for exposing his private life like this, but whatever.

Salazar

Jesus shit I've got to watch this :lol

It's difficult.

UXO4L.gif
zzIXz.gif

Slizz

I got a friend that just went to Mexico to stay with a stripper he met earlier this year. She fronted the ticket and everything lol.

My only tidbit of advice was for him to watch his organs.... Seemed to make it to Mexico alright and has communicated since being in Mexico.

fuenf

If you just signed up (without completing your profile and receiving a couple of 4-5 star ratings) you only see a really narrow selection of ppl. (teh uglies).

Ah that makes sense, but I still doubt many "Ostwestfalen" would be on there. Tbh the site freaked me out a little. Literally the first girl I saw on there was my type and even our personalities (kinda) matched up. I just figured BULLSHIT and deleted my account. :p I dont believe in online dating.

people will still be nice and tell him she looks awesome and may she does, to him - so what's the deal? He's still a stupid for exposing his private life like this, but whatever.

the thread is a trainwreck and he's fucked either way. telling her to ignore any messages isnt going to work... but oh well, if you are crazy ('in love') enough to pay someone a plane ticket after 14 days of online dating you might as well look past a thread like that.

I got a friend that just went to Mexico to stay with a stripper he met earlier this year. She fronted the ticket and everything lol.

My only tidbit of advice was watch for him to watch his organs.... Seemed to make it to Mexico alright and has communicated since being in Mexico.
Yeah, I don't even think it's that outrageous to begin with (a girl paying a dude's airfare).
I've seen some obviously wealthy people on okc too (judging by their pics) [edit: meaning that spending on airfare is like spending on a better meal for them]

Ah that makes sense, but I still doubt many "Ostwestfalen" would be on there. Tbh the site freaked me out a little. Literally the first girl I saw on there was my type and even our personalities (kinda) matched up. I just figured BULLSHIT and deleted my account. :p I dont believe in online dating.

the thread is a trainwreck and he's fucked either way. telling her to ignore any messages isnt going to work... but oh well, if you are crazy ('in love') enough to pay someone a plane ticket after 14 days of online dating you might as well look past a thread like that.

lol, wtf? Shit's real. I met 4 girls from okc (dating one of them atm.) and came to close to meeting lots more (like that NL girl), but then moved on to better ones/better prospects.
But I sort of understand since I myself laughed at ppl. for online dating (especially the paid sites), but shit's changing, mang..

[edit2: the secret is to look beyond your region since traveling is pretty inexpensive (or rather free) for students in NRW...I had a girl come from Köln come to meet me]

Just came from an interview. Think I'll get the job this time. Buzzing.

fuck bayern! I mean, awesome, congrats!

kharma45

Detective-GAF is scary.

I wish people would fucking saying this.

He told us where she lived, what height she was, that she was Asian, what she was in to and what site he found her through.

Doesn't take a fucking genius to use that stuff in whatever search function there is on the site.

fuenf

lol, wtf? Shit's real. I met 4 girls from okc (dating one of them atm.) and came to close to meeting lots more (like that NL girl), but then moved on to better ones/better prospects.
But I sort of understand since I myself laughed at ppl. for online dating (especially the paid sites), but shit's changing, mang..

[edit2: the secret is to look beyond your region since traveling is pretty inexpensive (or rather free) for students in NRW...I had a girl come from Köln come to meet me]

Yeah the NRW ticket was awesome. You are right though. It's getting harder and harder to meet girls (after Uni), maybe I should give online dating another shot. Like I said, it's not that I didnt find any attractive girls but I just didnt want initiate things that way.

I have multiple friends who have had success meeting women online. Even people who are and have gotten married from it. I'd use it if I was single. It sounds like a good time. Meeting people and dating people is fun.

Why? She could have ulterior motives like getting the fuck out of the crime hell that is Mexico (by marrying that UK bloke).

oh that reminds me, a friend of mine (who's a ripped, EU level Judo practitioner, but pretty damn ugly mofo) met this pretty good looking Tunisian or Moroccan (dunno anymore) girl while on vacation there and she/her family paid for him to extend his stay, etc. only so that so that he got to know her better. But they ultimately wanted for her to marry him (and then prolly pull the family out of there) and so he backed away and sort of fled, lol

Yeah the NRW ticket was awesome. You are right though. It's getting harder and harder to meet girls (after Uni), maybe I should give online dating another shot. Like I said, it's not that I didnt find any attractive girls but I just didnt want initiate things that way.
Well, that's fucking unreasonable though. Those women are not really weird or anything, lol - the times when only nerds used the internet are freaking over, forever. Most of the ppl. use okc apps too so it's as casual as it can get..
Right now I'll probably end up working in Düsseldorf (stressful auditor/consulting gig) or in a godforsaken place in Bayern (very well paid, 35h week, industry stuff) and if I end up in Bayern I'm probably fucked in terms of dating as long as I stay in this job. The thought of dating those Bavarian peasant women with their shitty accents makes me want to barf..
So yeah, it's way harder to meet like-minded people outside of uni depending on the industry/corp. you work in/place, etc.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
AVB is PL Manager of the Month.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Bo-Locks

I met my fiancé on Omeagle. Someone linked me to it and the first time I fired it up I met her. After six months of chatting and Skyping I flew out to meet her. Six months later she moved over here for college and so we could be closer.

I'm not a believer in fate as such, but that's pretty freaky whenever I think about it. The first time I used Omeagle I found my future wife. Not 1 single cock did I get.

Linius

I met my fiancé on Omeagle. Someone linked me to it and the first time I fired it up I met her. After six months of chatting and Skyping I flew out to meet her. Six months later she moved over here for college and so we could be closer.

I'm not a believer in fate as such, but that's pretty freaky whenever I think about it. The first time I used Omeagle I found my future wife. Not 1 single cock did I get.

That's pretty crazy indeed :p

fuenf

Well, that's fucking unreasonable though. Those women are not really weird or anything, lol - the times when only nerds used the internet are freaking over, forever. Most of the ppl. use okc apps too so it's as casual as it can get..
Right now I'll probably end up working in Düsseldorf (stressful auditor/consulting gig) or in a godforsaken place in Bayern (very well paid, 35h week, industry stuff) and if I end up in Bayern I'm probably fucked in terms of dating as long as I stay in this job. The thought of dating those Bavarian peasant women with their shitty accents makes me want to barf..
So yeah, it's way harder to meet like-minded people outside of uni depending on the industry/corp. you work in/place, etc.

Did you study BWL/WIWI too? Sounds like a WP or UB job, probably at one of the Big 4?

I know it's unreasonable, especially because this whole NeoGAF stuff is probably more creepy than the shit most women do on the interwebz. But it was a special set of circumstances, you dont suspect to find a "good match" trying out stuff and I realized that if you dont answer the question beforehand, it's relatively easy to "match" the questions of your 'person of interest'. That shit scared the hell out of me, it seemed dishonest. But like I said before, OKC actually looked good and not as ridiculous as the German dating sites.

Is Omegle the one without webcams?

Linius

At this other forum I frequent we're playing The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow at the moment. Never thought that game would work so well on a forum. Everbody is suspicious of everybody these days :p

Is Omegle the one without webcams?

Yes. It's one where everybody asks "ASL" :p

Brendan Rodgers said:
"That is also why I was brought in here, because we will get talents and we will try to maximise what we can out of players.

"You look at Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing and José Enrique since the start of the season and we have added value back to them. Absolutely."

Key word being 'back', I suppose. Otherwise :lol

Fady K

He only hate Man United, silly.

Also, why would someone hate Norwitch? They have one of the best Norwegian Midfielders today playing for them.

I find Norwich very likeable this season myself. They deserve to end on a better position this season.

Fady the saint. Bless him

Bless you too Baconsaurus :)

Tony Pulis, dude is like the old Iraqi defense minister, he knows and he doesn't care.

He is a badass leading a bunch of badasses ;D His men will give us a tough game tomorrow, no doubt. Another game to remember for Rafa surely.

Ryan Nelsen, Fabio Capello and Pellegrini.

Good picks, Nelsen should make a fine coach hopefully, seems like an awesome guy.

Jol.

In the sense that I don't care about Fulham, but Jol seems like an affable guy. He's gotta pick it up, though.

Yeah I have no clue why Jol is not doing too well these years.

Marton Jol, David Moyes, Roberto Martinez. All good eggs.

Agreed, very likeable.

Ståle Solbakken (currently without a club, probably yelling and kicking a chair somewhere)

I don't know why he had such a hard time in the Championship with Wolves.

Roberto Mancini.

I personally like Mancini haha.

AVB, Moyes, Pep, Mou, Ancelloti aaaand.....

Maradona (just for the lols)

Excellent choices Pappe :D

Pep, Conte, Bielsa, Martinez, dat cray Roma manager, Rodgers, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Froggie, AVB, Hughton, Moyes.

steve kean

With the exception of Froggie you've got a great list there :D Dunno why Bielsa's team sucks big time these days though.

@Fady Scroll up I read your post ;)

Did you decide on going through with the game or will you put it down?

I don't know how that happened, they were pages apart haha!

LMAO!!!

Sorry Fady. :(

Ivanovic should be real sorry Dc by not repeating such catastrophic errors (lol, he had a brace of gifts for the opponents in this match).

He was at Liverpool too.

He was bad with his timings of his substitutions there too?

Ba needs to be a starting nearly every game. We need to solve the issue of the whole team no performing when Mata doesn't. And Ivan needs a slap on the ass for tonight's performance.

As always, Kyle laying the smackdown. Agreed all the way.

Fady is on fire with his retweets. Truly only one Spanish waiter

Chelsea Stats &#8207;@ChelseaStats
Chelsea lose to Swansea at home for the second in our history (12 home games) the first time since 1925. #RafaHistory

Matthew Alrick Brown &#8207;@alrickbrown
Rafa now with a 57% win percentage as CFC manager (RdM = 60%). Man City the ONLY "top tier" team Chelsea have played against in his tenure.

Chelsea Stats &#8207;@ChelseaStats
Di Matteo lost 1 of his first 15 games (Man City away 2-1). RT @octamer: @ChelseaStats in his first 15 how many did RDM lose?

Chelsea Youth &#8207;@chelseayouth
This is both remarkable and desperate. RT @zyon_94: 5 home games with benitez, we haven't scored in 4 of them

Haha! I was really not against Rafa at all, but I must say that I have been disappointed very much with him thus far. I don't blame him at ALL for Torres' problems or Ivanovic's howlers, but I blame him big time for ruining many games for us with his extremely late subs. God help us when we play some bigger teams soon.

Finally got some proper sleep, 8 hours feels good mang.

Froggie got sacked in mine after like half a season once, was fantastic.

8 hours FTW. I myself struggle with sleep quite a bit - that rare 8 hour shift results in a beautiful day I tell you :D

"Chelsea’s owner has been fully briefed about the discontent back at Stamford Bridge.
He is aware of the Twitter storm that erupted after Wednesday’s 1-0 defeat against QPR and he felt the backlash again following the scandalous cup defeat at home by Swansea two days ago."

Gourlay storming into Romans office to update him on the latest tweets from angry fans. Bet he's following Fady.

I even had no problems with Gourlay prior to this season, but damn the board for not giving a rat's ass about the fans. Their lack of respect to the fans has never been this palpable as Yurt might say.

Nolan doing Interstellar, a sci-fi/time travel film. I don't give a shit what people think about Nolan and/or time travel movies. More (likely not terrible) sci-fi = :D

Nolan FTW. My all time favorite director now.

AVB is PL Manager of the Month.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Very happy for AVB. Well deserved.

Yen

FadyK said:
He was bad with his timings of his substitutions there too?

The idea was meant to be that the team was well enough prepared, and the system should've been good enough, that if you keep trying the same thing over and over again, it would work out for the good. That, and we never had any good players on the bench capable of making a difference.

Fady K

The idea was meant to be that the team was well enough prepared, and the system should've been good enough, that if you keep trying the same thing over and over again, it would work out for the good. That, and we never had any good players on the bench capable of making a difference.

I can understand that logic. But when you have subs that are BETTER than the players on the pitch and you are *losing* you take action immediately and try again with that logic on another day. I wish he was quicker with realizing that :(

Salazar

Fulham right-back Stephen Kelly is having a medical at Reading today, manager Martin Jol has confirmed

They're buying defenders. Thank christ for that.

Howard Nurse &#8207;@howardnurse
Excited wife booked family tickets for Hoff's Panto at only £5 each. Time: 1pm on Sunday!! Gutted to miss #MUFC v #LFC match. What to do..

3Sixty

Thats pretty crazy.

I used Plenty of fish a few years ago purely as a hook up thing and had some pretty great sex.

Edit:

Also

BAUtGt4CMAAxTu7.jpg

Gaston <3

Linius

Thats pretty crazy.

I used Plenty of fish a few years ago purely as a hook up thing and had some pretty great sex.

Edit:

Also

BAUtGt4CMAAxTu7.jpg

Gaston <3

Never head of that, made my way to the website to see what's it about.

POF Has More Dates, More Relationships, More Visits Than Any Other Online Dating Site.

Yeah, like every other dating website ever. Worthless quote is worthless :p

Salazar

McEachran said:
"I don't understand why everyone slags off Ashley Cole all the time because I know that he's actually a really nice and very caring person," says the 19-year-old central midfielder Middlesbrough have borrowed from Stamford Bridge for the season. "All Chelsea's English players are really helpful; John Terry and Frank Lampard have been great but Ashley Cole is probably the one who has given me the most encouragement. When I got into the first team he made me feel welcome. He just put his arm around me really, he was always inviting me to things. And, no, to answer your question, he's never shot me."

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom