• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

choodi

Banned
We've already established that the comparison is valid, people understand the comparison, although each one of us have different interpretations of how the situation will play out. It's irking me that you're putting all your eggs in the Ligue 1 basket, because I think it's a flawed strategy.

Again, we'll see. When I said that QPR would drop people said my prediction was unfounded, and that the sheer weight of transfers would pull them into Premier League safety.

QPR's current transfer strategy is to look at who their rivals for relegation are trying to buy and then offering to double their salary.

Their previous strategy was to just buy everyone's cast-offs and has-beens on ridiculous wages.

I can't see how the comparison to Newcastle's current strategy of looking to sign players who are at least a little familiar with each other is valid, but I will be happy to agree to disagree.

K1LLER7

Didnt know Barca could've signed Ronaldo back in 2003

Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta has revealed that the Catalan club could have signed Cristiano Ronaldo in 2003.

Ronaldo, now at Real Madrid, moved to Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon that year.

"[Agent Jorge] Mendes offered him to us, for even cheaper than to Manchester United, due to some transfers we had done for him, including Deco," Laporta told Spanish radio show Al Primer Toque.

"But at that moment we did not have the resources after signing Ronaldinho, [Rafael] Marquez and [Ricardo] Quaresma."

Clearly signed the wrong portuguese player. Imagine a Barca team of Messi, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Deco, Xavi, Marquez.

Arnie

QPR's current transfer strategy is to look at who their rivals for relegation are trying to buy and then offering to double their salary.

Their previous strategy was to just buy everyone's cast-offs and has-beens on ridiculous wages.

I can't see how the comparison to Newcastle's current strategy of looking to sign players who are at least a little familiar with each other is valid, but I will be happy to agree to disagree.

Right, agree to disagree, but as has been proven in that previous page, just because you do not see them, doesn't mean the comparisons don't exist.

One of my housemates upstairs just started signing:

'R I P to Yann M'Vila

It's all over

You're going to Ruuusssiiiiaaaaa'

I lost it.

Salazar

lol

Watching some United v Liverpool highlights linked to from that vid.

Boos around Anfield for Silvestre "because he turned down the chance to sign for Liverpool".

Didnt know Barca could've signed Ronaldo back in 2003

Clearly signed the wrong portuguese player. Imagine a Barca team of Messi, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Deco, Xavi, Marquez.
Real Madrid could have signed him then too.

That interview with Laporta had alot of interesting tidbits. You really get a feel for just how much importance Messi is given at Barcelona, he has massive influence. (Eg - they told Messi they were planning on buying Piqué, Messi said go for it, Piqué always used to stick up for me).

Empty

lol

Watching some United v Liverpool highlights linked to from that vid.

Boos around Anfield for Silvestre "because he turned down the chance to sign for Liverpool".

followed moments later by one of the most beautiful things in football - the carragher own goal. we'll miss it when he's gone.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
keeperbumrushdance.gif

RUsP9qO.gif

hmmmmmmm...........

K1LLER7

Real Madrid could have signed him then too.

That interview with Laporta had alot of interesting tidbits. You really get a feel for just how much importance Messi is given at Barcelona, he has massive influence. (Eg - they told Messi they were planning on buying Piqué, Messi said go for it, Piqué always used to stick up for me).

Maybe it's due to a fear of losing him to another club. He's won every trophey/award he possibly could at Barca. He's the best player ever so of course they'll try to keep him no matter what. Not sure if he'd have gotten the same privileges at United or Liverpool.

In response to Arsene regarding the players' desire today: SHOW US THAT. No point being at this club if you don't show bottle and fight for every point.

K1LLER7

He is going to Elche and he will like it.

King of Elche

Anyone else think Zaha is a worse Welbeck?

They're similar. Both skillful but Zaha has more pace.

Welbeck needs to improve on his final ball and decision making. He gets into good positions countless times but his final ball lets him down quite often. Everything else is pretty good. His link-up play with Kagawa, Clev and Carrick has been great to see.

They're similar. Both skillful but Zaha has more pace.

Welbeck needs to improve on his final ball and decision making. He gets into good positions countless times but his final ball lets him down quite often. Everything else is pretty good. His link-up play with Kagawa, Clev and Carrick has been great to see.

Indeed, he has impressed me with the positions he gets into, maybe I am just noticing it more but it doesn't seem to be positions he would have gotten into last year.

Last exam on Thursday, woo!

I'll finally have time to catch up on Justified and The Newsroom.

Levy won't buy a striker. We'll use Dempsey and Sigurdsson. Apparently Adebayor had a shit game today too, fantastic.

Spurs usual second half to a season incoming....

Fuck loan deals from City, last one we ended up buying and it hasn't gone well since :(

They should buy us a striker for taking 4 points from United this season. Cavalcao please.

Top Bottom