• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

GorillaJu

Hiring Lambert was always going to guarantee you ship lots of goals. The thing is that Lambert's Norwich also scored a lot, too. This season you've only got one goal threat in Benteke, and not enough attacking impetus from wingers and midfielders. Holman hasn't really done the job.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Hahaha. If you're university age, as most people here seem to be, you could see if there's a club for Japanese exchange students at your uni, then sign up and find a partner to meet up with once or twice a week and do "language exchange" – one hour of English (teaching) and one hour of Japanese (learning). Girls in Korea and Japan use dating websites to find desperate foreign nerds to teach them English in exchange for their company and the illusion of a date, but if you approach it more honestly you can make a good friend and learn a lot of Japanese, Korean, whatever.

I pay 3000 JPY for 90 minute lessons once a week. I suppose that's about £25?
I've got loooooads of Japanese friends but I feel a bit awkward about asking them. Especially since they'll set yes anyway even if they don't want to cuz they're Japanese. >_>

GorillaJu

I've got loooooads of Japanese friends but I feel a bit awkward about asking them. Especially since they'll set yes anyway even if they don't want to cuz they're Japanese. >_>

Just get a textbook, learn a bit on your own (I recommend GENKI published by Japan Times), and ask your friends to answer individual questions. Then, when you feel like you know enough to have a conversation, go out somewhere like a museum or shopping and ask if you can do like 1 hr where you only speak Japanese, no English. They'll be happy to help, I'm sure.

Salazar

Rafa's gone and fallen on his face again.

Acting like Ferguson having a go at a linesman vindicates him.

Frogie is out of your league in every respect you crap-bearded shite.

He had a lot of potential though. Some of the things he did were mind boggling. Dude fucked his entire career due to his shit personality. That's what makes guys like Ronaldo special.
Quaresma is only good on youtube montages, probably the most useless player we ever signed(i'm an expert etc..lol), his problem wasn't only his attitude/personality but the fact he was simply shit, he only thinks of doing that stupid trivela instead of actually playing football.

ShogunX

He had a lot of potential though. Some of the things he did were mind boggling. Dude fucked his entire career due to his shit personality. That's what makes guys like Ronaldo special.

Some players are just arseholes - Talented arseholes but they always manage to fuck up what talent they have. Sad to see people throw away a career that most would kill for.

rodvik

Hiring Lambert was always going to guarantee you ship lots of goals. The thing is that Lambert's Norwich also scored a lot, too. This season you've only got one goal threat in Benteke, and not enough attacking impetus from wingers and midfielders. Holman hasn't really done the job.

Yeah. I a still angry/baffled we have not bought any midfielders this window.

choodi

Banned

I had a discussion with one of the villa fans here about Holman when they were in the process of signing him.

Told him that he was shit and would pretty much just run around like a headless chicken getting in the way of the real players.

It's sad for villa that I was right unfortunately.

Slizz

ibdLYeb5pBUpXn.gif

Seems like Ronaldo was being shopped around then. Wenger claims to have met his mother to discuss a possible move before Utd finally signed him. Sir Alex also confirms the player was getting offers from other clubs before he finally moved to Manchester. It kinda makes you think how it would have turned out if these transfers had taken place.

Ibra to Arsenal
Henry to Man Utd
Ronaldo to Barcelona

Lunchbox

Banned
Seems like Ronaldo was being shopped around then. Wenger claims to have met his mother to discuss a possible move before Utd finally signed him. Sir Alex also confirms the player was getting offers from other clubs before he finally moved to Manchester. It kinda makes you think how it would have turned out if these transfers had taken place.

Ibra to Arsenal
Henry to Man Utd
Ronaldo to Barcelona

ibrahimovic would've wasted half of his career winning nothing like rvp
henry would've been at pele-maradona level
ronaldo would be bulkier and slower and turn fat later in life due to growth hormones from la masia

FootballFan

Here's Ronaldo at his cuntiest best

Who knows what Diego Alves said to him, though.

What a cunt. Who would rub it into someones face after being up 5-0.

Ibra to Arsenal
Henry to Man Utd
Ronaldo to Barcelona

You forgot the biggest possible-transfer of all times.

FjRweyM.jpg

TokiDoki

Ibra to Arsenal
Henry to Man Utd
Ronaldo to Barcelona

0b6d8119919e6f959c71ef689c9e8b8b.jpg

Would be glorious , and we don't need to rely on the ever injured RVP . Probably could have won few trophies these 7 years . Arsenal fans here btw .

Maybe playing with a squad of gutless circus midgets somehow contributed to RVP's injury rate.

He's been the picture of health for us.

Your jibe lacks the truth-stone it needs to weigh it down in the land of sense, and has floated into the mists of nonsense. He was fit for the entirety of last season, playing with the aforementioned gutless circus midgets

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Petkovic “The draw is the right result because we never stopped believing, even when Juventus were pinning us back,” said the Coach.

“We had a few difficulties against a great side like Juventus, but we deserved that equaliser. We created many chances earlier, but were not determined enough."

He's either delusional or blind. They scored from their only shot(?) on target in a corner and Marchetti pulled some ridiculous world class saves last night.

-

Italian media claim Didier Drogba wants his Shanghai Shenhua contract terminated, sparking a bidding war between Juventus, Lazio and Milan.

The Ivory Coast hitman has reportedly sent a letter to Shanghai Shenhua asking for his deal to be terminated.

This opens the door to a free transfer back to Europe, although the stumbling block remains his wage demand.

Sky Sport Italia suggest Drogba has slightly lowered his expectations, so he would want €4m from now until the end of the season, plus a further €6m for the 2013-14 campaign.

FootballFan

He's either delusional or blind. They scored from their only shot(?) on target in a corner and Marchetti quite a few world class saves last night.

-

As I said during the game, deserved draw. Juve are crazy to think they can get past Cana and Marchetti with more than half their first team not playing.

My bitch for today:
Go to buy Mad Men season 3, go to the usual cheapest place. They have:
Mad Men Season 1, Season 2, Season 4 and Season 5.

Every other place has it for 20$ more. I'll just order it online I guess.

I have a professional teacher who I meet twice a week, and I recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind paying.

I got the majority of the grammar learned. I just need to practice my listening skills and vocabulary. Thinking in the language is the hard part.

I'm thinking about doing pen pal shit.

Looking forward to your smashing?

Shame Sturridge won't be dancing in front of your ultras :(

Sterling will have to do :p
Well we did look absolutely dire against Shakhtar yesterday which doesn't instill much confidence. Plus Criscito is injured, Bruno Alves is suspended and Yanbaev was recalled from his loan by Loko, so we basically have no defense. Still though, I don't think we'll lose at home, we never have in Europe during the winter. Your boys will freeze their balls off.
Plus our ultras don't care about your black players, they just don't want them in our team. They want some sort of Athletic Bilbao type set-up where only local players play for the team. Provided they have the proper sexual orientation of course.
You haven't done so yet, but then again not every gooner is as loyal as you. Or maybe you just haven't hit your prime yet.

Buy Akinfeev to replace Valdes and I'd consider it :)

I'm planning to hit my prime at the World Cup as Russia steamroll their way to victory. Wouldn't mind it if your All Whites were part of that warpath.

GorillaJu

I got the majority of the grammar learned. I just need to practice my listening skills and vocabulary. Thinking in the language is the hard part.

I'm thinking about doing pen pal shit.

Grammar is shockingly dense. On the surface it appears algebraic and simple, but even when understanding the formula there are different connotations and meanings that arise even when using the same words. I still struggle with it – I've found reading to be the easiest by far even considering kanji

Plus our ultras don't care about your black players, they just don't want them in our team. They want some sort of Athletic Bilbao type set-up where only local players play for the team. Provided they have the proper sexual orientation of course.

Would they accept a black player whose grandparents lived in St Petersburg?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibra to Arsenal
Henry to Man Utd
Ronaldo to Barcelona

United winning a title.
Barca winning a title.
Arsenal not winning a title and selling Ibra.

As I said during the game, deserved draw. Juve are crazy to think they can get past Cana and Marchetti with more than half their first team not playing.
I don't know about that, they did absolutely nothing in the game. They came to park the bus and it almost worked. Vidal should have scored two goals at least.

Would they accept a black player whose grandparents lived in St Petersburg?

Possibly, but that is a very theoretical question since there are very few blacks in Russia but being half Russian didn't help Peter Odemwingie with some some of the Loko fans.

_48921683_banner.jpg

But in the case that you're speaking of, if this theoretical player was from St. Pete's and came up through the academy then yes I think that group of fans would accept him.

FootballFan

I don't know about that, they did absolutely nothing in the game. They came to park the bus and it almost worked. Vidal should have scored two goals at least.

I'm kidding lol, it was a dull game and if deserved* exists in football then yeah Juve did deserve* it more.

*gotta watch out with that word on FootballGAF. I'm not part of the deserve crew but there is one, and there is an anti-deserve crew too. They deserve each other.

dc89

dc, the tabloids are saying Balotelli hosted a farewell dinner with some players at a restaurant. What's in the air at MCFC PR department?

We had our own little farewell party too ;) Our jobs could get a whole lot easier :p

pulga

Banned
DmC, what a dissapointing ending. Piss easy. Ill get started on the new difficulty tommorow, I guess. I dont really like replaying games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's an action game Pulga, don't be one of them.

Yes, I'm one of those who complain about them.

Top Bottom