• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

arkon

There are people advising Abramovich, it isn't just him.

I don't know who they would go for if you exclude Mou and Klopp; seems like there aren't any standouts, and Moyes it the premier league manager on the cusp of a big job.

It's ridiculous when you look at the managers they've been through in the last 5 years or so. I guess they might be looking to someone in La Liga. Pellegrini? Simeone?

Lightning

Banned
David Moyes would be an idiot to go to Chelsea. They will demand instant success and he will get no back room support. David Moyes is too good for a stupid club like Chelsea. I will be geniuniely disappointed if David Moyes went there, even Brendon Rodgers said going to Chelsea is career suicide.

GorillaJu

So how bad was our loss to Oldham? Why do PL sides go out thinking it'll be easy and put on some weak ass performance when they should know that lower league sides will always put in the performance of their lives?

Arnie

It's ridiculous when you look at the managers they've been through in the last 5 years or so. I guess they might be looking to someone in La Liga. Pellegrini? Simeone?

As good as Simeone's been for Atletico, and Pelligrini for Malaga, I don't think their relative success in La Liga puts them ahead of Moyes in the managerial pecking order. I think it's time for someone to take a point on the horrible creature.

I think Moyes would go there, too. I get the feeling he's desperate for his next career move.

There are people advising Abramovich, it isn't just him.

I don't know who they would go for if you exclude Mou and Klopp; seems like there aren't any standouts, and Moyes it the premier league manager on the cusp of a big job.
Simeone, Löw, Capello, Rjakaard. Even Blanc and Deschamps. Maybe even Laudrup.

Don't know if they could get those guys or if they'd want the job, some of them at least would, surely.

Reckon most of them will be ahead of Moyes on any list. Not that I would agree with that...just think that's how it'll go at Chelsea. Moyes is too vanilla.

Kyoufu

So how bad was our loss to Oldham? Why do PL sides go out thinking it'll be easy and put on some weak ass performance when they should know that lower league sides will always put in the performance of their lives?

They don't. They just choose to rest players for more important games. That's what I've always thought anyway.

http://youtu.be/gGNfvAtX-0s

"FAT CUNT"
ibkedZPs6kN2iy.png

OMG :lol

Chelsea should stick with Di Mateo

What? You talking sense? Chelsea should have done everything to keep Di Mateo. It's better for everyone now though.

They just want to be nice to all the players and fans of lower league teams. Let them have the night of their lives. Proper sportsmanship

Because in theory it is easy, the teams are of such inferior quality.

Obv you expect lower league sides to work that much harder and the conditions to perhaps suit them...but more often than not the quality will still win out.

There are usually very few big shocks in the FA Cup. This year has been the exception. If there's one or two in a season it's a big deal. We had 4 or 5 this weekend alone.

Timurid

Simeone, Löw, Capello, Rjakaard. Even Blanc and Deschamps. Maybe even Laudrup.

Don't know if they could get those guys or if they'd want the job, some of them at least would, surely.

Reckon most of them will be ahead of Moyes on any list. Not that I would agree with that...just think that's how it'll go at Chelsea. Moyes is too vanilla.

Deschamps is going to stay at the France's job. I don't see him going to Chelsea because of the unpredictability of Abramovich.

Kyoufu

Liverpool's bench should beat Oldham, Spurs' bench should beat Leeds, Chelsea's bench should beat Brentford.

B teams will have a tough time against established A teams, even if said team plays in a lower league.

The gap between a Prem side and a Championship side isn't massive. I don't get the hate for it tbh.

Then again people here shit on foreign leagues too. Lemons.

Liverpool's bench should beat Oldham, Spurs' bench should beat Leeds, Chelsea's bench should beat Brentford.

Our bench? Our bench is the shittest out of the big teams this season! Our usual bench has been:

Friedel, Caulker, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Livermore, Townsend.

Our squad just isn't as strong as it was a couple of seasons ago, fuck I remember when we had Berbatov, Bent, Keane and Defoe.

Today was evident that we have NO striker in the squad other than Defoe, Dempsey is not a striker and Obika would've even get on Leeds bench ffs, heck he'd struggle to get on Oldhams...

But as angry as today was, you have to remember AVB has guided us to 4th so far and to be fair I think we deserve that over any team in the league at this moment in time. Come the end of the season though? Well Defoe has had a terrible month so far and Ade has just not settled since moving in the summer, if both of those continue the way they have done, we will not be 4th come the end of the season.

K1LLER7

Yeah that was me.

It's fine. A little bit of doubt just makes you more certain.

United 4eva however I luv Christmas
Pfft....you really support City. OriginalThinking saw what we should've seen, but were blinded by your formations and fake love for Madrid. Plus you said we'll buy Strootz and Moura when neither will make the move.

GorillaJu

B teams will have a tough time against established A teams, even if said team plays in a lower league.

The gap between a Prem side and a Championship side isn't massive. I don't get the hate for it tbh.

Then again people here shit on foreign leagues too. Lemons.

With all due respect to lower league teams, the difference between Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and them is indeed pretty massive. Essentially you have a group of people vs another group of people and despite any arbitrary value placed on them, they're still capable of not playing well, or letting the opponents get the better of them physically or aerially.

I understand that, but Coates, for example, shouldn't be getting beat in the air. Having almost no playing chances this year, he should have worked his socks off to impress but by all accounts he had a big part in our defeat. He simply shouldn't be getting beat by routine crosses when he's 6'6" tall.

Kyoufu

With all due respect to lower league teams, the difference between Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and them is indeed pretty massive. Essentially you have a group of people vs another group of people and despite any arbitrary value placed on them, they're still capable of not playing well, or letting the opponents get the better of them physically or aerially.

I understand that, but Coates, for example, shouldn't be getting beat in the air. Having almost no playing chances this year, he should have worked his socks off to impress but by all accounts he had a big part in our defeat. He simply shouldn't be getting beat by routine crosses when he's 6'6" tall.

No passion.

/FIFA GAF

arkon

He was up against Matt Smith, who if wiki is to be believed is also 6'6".

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Why is Colombia playing two lines of five when they are only one goal up? Andrés why you lying to me? I thought Colombia was like the most offensive country ever since 1970 Brazil.

Bo-Locks

To be fair Leeds are an established Championship side that should be gunning for promotion. They knocked United out of the cup in the third round a couple of years ago. Championship sides are always capable of causing shocks and making long cup runs, but there really is no excuse for not beating league one dwellers.

Clegg

To be fair Leeds are an established Championship side that should be gunning for promotion. They knocked United out of the cup in the third round a couple of years ago. Championship sides are always capable of causing shocks and making long cup runs, but there really is no excuse for not beating league one dwellers.
This never happened.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Top Bottom