• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

rodvik

Aston Villa news!

New signing Yacouba Sylla from 2nd French Division side Clermont Foot.

Take THAT top six clubs. We stole him right from under your noses!

:)

Wes

venison crêpe
article_sylla.jpg

Yacouba Sylla

Height: 1.84m
Position: Defensive Midfielder
Nationality: Geordie
Fee: £2m

Checking old reports on him he was "being tracked" (ie. someone saw a scout at one of his game's) by Fulham, QPR, Udinese and Stuttgart. Probably wise we kept it so quiet for so long.

Although, much like the Fer deal, I think he's still en route to have a medical.

Kyoufu

Aston Villa news!

New signing Yacouba Sylla from 2nd French Division side Clermont Foot.

Take THAT top six clubs. We stole him right from under your noses!

:)

Heheh.

It's only a matter of time before France is completely skinned and scalped of talent by clubs other than Newcastle.

rodvik

article_sylla.jpg

Yacouba Sylla

Height: 1.84m
Position: Defensive Midfielder
Nationality: Geordie
Fee: £2m

Checking old reports on him he was "being tracked" (ie. someone saw a scout at one of his game's) by Fulham, QPR, Udinese and Stuttgart. Probably wise we kept it so quiet for so long.

Although, much like the Fer deal, I think he's still en route to have a medical.

According to Nursey (who is usually right) he has passed him medical and its a done deal. Also the French club have tweeted it.
I demand the Aston Villa lion gif Wes.

Linius

Thanks. Time to start on a new obsession.

I've been staring at this gif for too long now :p

And that movie won't be in theatres here for another month. And she's more than just a cute actress, she's actually pretty good. Check out Winter's Bone.

pulga

Banned
You know what? I'm with Barca tonight.

Sorry pulga, but AndresON > Turok_ITK.

I thought we were bros, man.

Don't blame you though, Andres' shtick is better than Turok's!

Diego Lopez, Essien, Varane, Carvalho, Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Callejon, Ozil, Cristiano, and Benzema

Pinto, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Jordi Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Messi and Pedro.

At the least no trivote, so I'm happy about that. Nice compromise between the lineup I wanted vs the one I expected.

Madrid lineup I want:

-------Diego Lopez
Arbeloa, Varane, Carvalho, Marcelo
-------Alonso, Khedira
-----Benzema, Ozil, CR7
-----------Higuain

What we'll get:

-------------Adan
Essien, Varane, Carvalho, Arbeloa
-------Alonso, Khedira
------Ozil, Modric, CR7
----------Benzema

I feel like a dirty United fan.

LETS DO THIS SHIIIIIIEEEEET!!!!!

Meier

A bit more about the racist chants Altidore faced in the match the other day...

Altidore, who is black, was not available for comment Wednesday. After the match, he told Dutch television the chants were the worst abuse he has been subjected to on a soccer field.

"It's a bit disappointing that these things still happen in this time that we're in," Altidore told Eredivisie Live. "But what you going to do? You just hope these people can find a way to improve themselves. You can only pray for them."

Altidore converted a penalty kick in his team's 5-0 win over Den Bosch, giving him a career-high 20 goals this season. He urged the referee not to take the players off the field despite the chants.

The 23-year-old, who has 13 goals in 51 appearances for the U.S. national team, said education is the key to stamping out such chants.

"At the end of the day it's still alive, racism. All we can do now is try to educate ourselves, the young kids coming up, to be better than that," Altidore said.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...es-to-jozy-altidore-for-racist-chants?cc=5901

arkon

He's gonna break Borgetti's all-time record whether you like it or not.

Seems to be a minor hip injury. He should be fine by Saturday.

I will bathe in Turok's tears when that happens :D

I've been staring at this gif for too long now :p

And that movie won't be in theatres here for another month. And she's more than just a cute actress, she's actually pretty good. Check out Winter's Bone.

*takes notes*

Will do. About time I caught up on some movies.

Wes

venison crêpe
According to Nursey (who is usually right) he has passed him medical and its a done deal. Also the French club have tweeted it.
I demand the Aston Villa lion gif Wes.

Can't find it :(

Kendrick suggested we may also bring in another player tomorrow. Nursey seems to be pointing to a central defender from the continent.

Top Bottom