• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Arnie

I've spent a lot of time now researching Monreal, watching videos and reading up about him, I'm so glad we've signed him. I haven't paid much attention to the Spanish league or national side but I wish I did.
My cousin's a huge La Liga fan and he rates him very highly, told me around Christmas that he wanted Everton to buy him. Anything's an improvement on Santos, mind, there was a moment when Downing skinned him but was too baffled by how he's done so that he momentarily forgot to follow the ball.
A Clash of Kings - so good. 85% through now.
You're nearly there, nearly at the best book in recorded human history*.

*Disclaimer, I ain't read them all.

My Hunter S.Thompson book arrived yesterday. Saving that for my Spain trip on Friday.

My cousin's a huge La Liga fan and he rates him very highly, told me around Christmas that he wanted Everton to buy him. Anything's an improvement on Santos, mind, there was a moment when Downing skinned him but was too baffled by how he's done so that he momentarily forgot to follow the ball.

Was that when he and a couple of others just walked past him while he was really confused? Pretty great moment that.

Lightning

Banned
This should be an improvement on Gibbs as well from what I've gathered. Apparently there was Chelsea interest but they must not have pursed it after Ashley Cole extended his contract and getting him on a long term deal at the peak of his career can only be good for us given how poor Gibbs' injury record is.

Salazar

My Hunter S.Thompson book arrived yesterday. Saving that for my Spain trip on Friday.

I'm rereading A Feast For Crows. Then a Ryszard Kapuściński book, Travels with Herodotus, and then back to Patrick Leigh Fermor's book about monasteries.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
Saw Redknapp yesterday. Insisted Samba, Odemwingie and Remy were "nothing to do with me."

Fucking pathological responsibility-avoider.

Arnie

I'm rereading A Feast For Crows. Then a Ryszard Kapuściński book, Travels with Herodotus, and then back to Patrick Leigh Fermor's book about monasteries.

Fucking pathological responsibility-avoider.
I really liked AFFC, despite going into it expecting a sub-par experience. I understand the disappointment if you had to wait some five years for it, but it was really refreshing to focus on these peripheral characters for a change.

spidye

Bayern should win comfortably. Mainz's top striker, Szalai, is unable to play today because of yellow cards.

in the last 7 games against mainz
3 wins 3 losses and one draw

mainz was always a tough opponent for us and their manager (tuchel) is probably the best german manager.

Salazar

He's going to go the way of Santos sooner or later. Minimal concern but why did you have to go back pages and bring that up?

o1uskmc.gif

Wilbz is just killing time, because we are going to roll over Fulham so imperiously.

No Berba, no Sidwell, no Richardson, no Diarra.

Ruiz is an ok footballer, but they seem proper fucked. Frogie might let them into the game if Ando gets a run again and thinks he's Riquelme when he is actually playing like Ramsey.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really liked AFFC, despite going into it expecting a sub-par experience. I understand the disappointment if you had to wait some five years for it, but it was really refreshing to focus on these peripheral characters for a change.

If one of them is Jaqen H'ghar, then I'm willing to read all the books starting from tomorrow.

dc89

Scott Sinclair Maths:

Scott Sinclair has played more minutes of football at The Etihad for Swansea than Manchester City.

Arnie

If one of them is Jaqen H'ghar, then I'm willing to read all the books starting from tomorrow.

If you really care about that character and the mystery surrounding him then you'll love AFFC. Can't say more than that without giving things away. God, I'm due a reread of them this year, will begin once I've finished The Dark Tower. On book four at the moment and it's fairly enjoyable.

This might be my last library slogfest today. Have to head to Hillsborough in a couple of hours to film the Brighton match, but I'll be coming straight back after. Writing a feature on a struggling academy school at the moment, which is mind numbing. If I can finish my work in the early hours of tomorrow then I can spend the rest of the day playing 11-a-side, watching Liverpool, and then the Super Bowl.

TokiDoki

Good buy , I always thought our LB need strengthening . Also , Monreal is in a correct age as a good understudy for Gibbs . That is if Gibbs doesn't lost interest and Monreal is really that good .

Salazar

Super Bowl ? ptchah

Hope the homophobic twat on the Niners gets seriously injured.

--------------DeGOD
Raf------Vidic-----Rio-----Evra
-------Carrick--ClevGOD
--Nani-----Kagawa----Rooney
--------------RVP

Arnie

Are you on Wizard's Glass, Arnie?

Thats the best book of the series imo.
Aye.

About 100 pages in, they've just reached the glass house, and Roland is about to recount the tale of Susan. I thought Wasteland was fucking brilliant, the whole return of Jake and the Blaine story had me hooked.

dc89

If you really care about that character and the mystery surrounding him then you'll love AFFC. Can't say more than that without giving things away. God, I'm due a reread of them this year, will begin once I've finished The Dark Tower. On book four at the moment and it's fairly enjoyable.

This might be my last library slogfest today. Have to head to Hillsborough in a couple of hours to film the Brighton match, but I'll be coming straight back after. Writing a feature on a struggling academy school at the moment, which is mind numbing. If I can finish my work in the early hours of tomorrow then I can spend the rest of the day playing 11-a-side, watching Liverpool, and then the Super Bowl.

I read the first book. Quite a few years ago now, but never got to reading all the way through the second.

In regarss to book one, Would I be right in simply saying. "DAT ending :'((((((((((((("

Clegg

Aye.

About 100 pages in, they've just reached the glass house, and Roland is about to recount the tale of Susan. I thought Wasteland was fucking brilliant, the whole return of Jake and the Blaine story had me hooked.

It's definitely the saddest of the Dark Tower books.

And thats all I'm gonna say about it.

I enjoyed it immensely though.

confuziz

Banned
Oh by the way. Can I now say I was right about no PSV player leaving in the january window or should I leave for the Russian market to close?

Bumhead

Banned
What's the lunch time kick off today? Working over time and have a Sticky Rib Pot Noodle and a bag of Tangfastics to keep me going #nutrition

Top Bottom