• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Wilbur

Banned
He's going to go the way of Santos sooner or later. Minimal concern but why did you have to go back pages and bring that up?

Didn't go back pages, only just caught up to here. I lead a busy life now. I don't have time to do anything other than mock Arsenal at given opportunities.

Bumhead

Banned
Looking forward to Brighton in a bit.

They're still responsible for our most handsome of thrashing this season but we're a different side now. Still a tough ask but if we play as we have been doing I think we can avoid another 3-0. At least Helan, Antonio and Lita should ensure we're not a complete write off in front of goal.

Lovely day for football though today.

Arnie

They're still responsible for our most handsome of thrashing this season but we're a different side now. Still a tough ask but if we play as we have been doing I think we can avoid another 3-0. At least Helan, Antonio and Lita should ensure we're not a complete write off in front of goal.

Lovely day for football though today.
Mm weather's beautiful, sat in the IC overlooking the big roundabout by the West Street tram stop. Some lovely views over towards the ski village.

Helan's class, that was a massive signing. I'm just looking forward to rubbing elbows with Gus in the conference after. Him and Zola were my two targets at the start of the season, the two I was enthused to see, with the spawn of Fergie and Bruce being the antithesis of that.

Indeed.

Last time I was at OT I remember a long line of traffic snaking away from the ground and over a bridge. We'd been walking for twenty minutes and not a car had moved in that time.
Even by foot it's terrible, so much congestion.

One good thing about the new Wembley is that the traffic disappates very quickly. Helps that not many cars get near the ground.

Confident about Ireland today?

When you're driving the length of the country, what's an extra hour?
Hehe, even when I lived about 15 mins from the ground it would take ages!

There was a recent survey which showed on average Liverpool fans live furthest from Anfield so hush your gums.

fuck you jeff the transparent wording on mine was right after all

Lmao just noticed that

Just looking at the QPR team I think they'll stay up but there's still obvious weaknesses

I'm not convinced Harry has ever been a good manager simply one thats been allowed to play a live game of football manager and throw money at any areas where his squads have lacked and let's face it the squad he had at spurs was class just under performing

Hixx

QPRvNorwich -home
ArsenalvStoke - home
EvertonvAston Villa - home
NewcastlevChelsea - draw
ReadingvSunderland - draw
West HamvSwansea - draw
WiganvSouthampton - draw
FulhamvMan Utd - away

Fact.

Ish.

Mind that outcome is 447/1 at bet365...

Arnie

Is it true that Colin Murray was sacked because he took the piss out of the so-called experts too much? He's about the best thing about football at the BBC.
Yes, Barney Ronay wrote something about it on the Guardian, it's brilliant and well worth searching for.

Clegg

Confident about Ireland today?
Kinda.

We've brought in some young, exciting players who can score tries for fun at club level. But they're untested at international level so it's hard to say how they'll get on today.

And our head coach is imo out of his depth at international level. We won the 6 Nations in 2009 but we're still using the same gameplan 4 years later. Rugby has moved on since then and we haven't.

Garjon

Yes, Barney Ronay wrote something about it on the Guardian, it's brilliant and well worth searching for.

Fucking shocking, the BBC needs to sort itself out with shite like this,. Do they really consider Alan Shearer to be an important asset?

Slizz

It's like watching an online game of FIFA13 lol.... Shoot from outside the box constantly, try for long lead passes to bypass the midfield lol.

Bumhead

Banned
ITV is still the worst for football coverage, but the entire setup at the BBC screams old boys golfing weekend on the Algarve.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
rinaudo-marotta-traore.jpg

Never forget.

Wilbur

Banned
Another Paul Merson classic. This is why I hate Soccer Saturday:

Jesus fucking Christ.

FIFA is fucking me off fucking big time. Got to the final of the EA Cup thing, dominate the whole match but the momentum factor thing kicks in, ball bounces off four of my player's legs after one shot and trickles past the keeper. Lost 1-0. Fuck this game.

Top Bottom