• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Yen

The Bible.

Watch movies, the fuck is books?

Read it. Typical superhero fare. But what the hell was up with the
revealing Jesus was going to die, business. I mean, I get foreshadowing but come on.

Catcher In The Rye
Never Let Me Go
Moth Smoke
Life of Pi
The Kite Runner

First 5 that came into my head as "your favourite book" candidates. Thoroughly recommend all.

Read NLMG, liked it, didn't love it. Bought Catcher, didn't like the first three pages, put it down, never read it again, gave it away. ^_^

House of Leaves
Anything by Neil Gaiman
Anything by China Mieville

Haven't read any of these yet (well, a couple of Gaiman's), but I am planning to, we can be book buddies!

Will get HOL.

Loved that book. Great movie adaption too imo.
I haven't seen the movie.

I almost don't want to. I don't know how it can do anything other than taint the perfection of the book. A bit silly I admit, maybe I will see it one day.

That book ripped my heart to pieces.

Gasperini seems to have been fired or at least close to it by Zamperini, Pasquale Marino has been constacted...

Serie B baby

EDIT: LETS TAKE ZEMAN

arkon

Oh man. Just going through that CL thread. Reliving those final few minutes before it went into extra time. Soooo gooooood.

Arnie

And people say I hate Ligue 1.

G7cd9iXl.jpg

It's a mate's

Bumhead

Banned
Liverpool fans are quite poor IMO. Reina has been a fantastic servant for them for a long time but now makes a few mistakes and they want off with his head and to have him sold!

Reina has been shit all season. Problem is the short term solution is no better. I'm continually stunned every time I see Brad Jones play. We had him on loan and he is the second worst Goalkeeper I've ever seen at Hillsborough.

It's something that will have to wait until the summer now for Rodgers but I don't think that means Liverpool fans can't vent their frustrations until then.

Recommend me some books! Going to have a wee spree here.

Harry Potter series
The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings
A Song of Ice & Fire series
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Road
Of Mice & Men (essential)

Avoid The Dark Tower series at all costs unless you're willing to drop it after 4 or 5 books from 7

Also avoid His Dark Materials for the same reason, to a lesser scale

I have so much to read

The Honorable Schoolboy
Smiley's People
The Reality Dysfunction
The Stand
Under The Dome
Mass Effect Trilogy
Bioshock
No Country for Old Men
I, Partridge

Also, if you're into corny, entertaining rubbish, the Resident Evil books are great

Messi

Oh man. Just going through that CL thread. Reliving those final few minutes before it went into extra time. Soooo gooooood.

Confession time!

I never watched the final and never went into the thread for those few days.

I was really hurt by the barca loss :(

Yen

Harry Potter series
The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings
A Song of Ice & Fire series
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Road
Of Mice & Men (essential)

Avoid The Dark Tower series at all costs unless you're willing to drop it after 4 or 5 books from 7

Also avoid His Dark Materials for the same reason, to a lesser scale

Read Harry Potter, The Rod, Of Mice and Men, GoT. On book 4 of The Dark Tower.

Going to get House of Leaves, Homage to Catalonia, some Philip k Dick.

arkon

Confession time!

I never watched the final and never went into the thread for those few days.

I was really hurt by the barca loss :(

I was actually rooting for Bayern at the time (I know, sorry guys) but I couldn't stop laughing when Chelsea equalized. For those final few minutes before extra time I kept thinking Chelsea were going to snatch another.

Mastadon

Banned
Post of the month.

But I must counter your mug with the Italian MOTD presenter...

6yTYooP.jpg

I'd take Arnie over her, tbh.

Books for Yenrot:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Norwegian Wood and The Windup Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami
Blood Meridian - Cormac McCarthy.

Top Bottom