• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Linius

isrStkd1qocU.gif

Dat subliminal message

We've all done it :(

I've seen a couple of people say recently 'The SuperBowl is the most watched TV event in the world.' That's simply not true is it? I'm sure the 100m, Champions League and World Cup finals get more

Not true at all. World Cup is probably the most watched.

Superbowl gets so many viewers due to commercials. A lot of people that wouldn't normally watch the game watch due to new commercials where every commercial tries to out do each other.

Zabojnik

Fuuuuuck I missed the Juve game? How'd the team do, Zabo?

Very solid performance, considering we're missing five starting XI players. Chievo had a single dangerous shot on goal in the entire match, from which they scored in big part thanks to an unfortunate deflection from one of our guys. One chance for the enemy, one goal conceded. It's been happening to us a lot lately, sigh. Otherwise they were pretty harmless. As for ourselves, we had most if not all of our chances in the first half. First goal was a nice volley from Matri following a chipped-ball assist from Vidal, the second a collaboration between Giovinco (who's decent when he doesn't take it upon himself to finish) and Lichtsteiner. The latter scored. All in all, we did okay. Chievo haven't lost at home in I don't know how long, so that's something.

The bad news of the day is that Asamoah will skip Celtic - Juve, since Ghana qualified for the semi-final and consequently for the 3rd/4th place final, which will be played on the 9th of February. We have Celtic on the 12th. No Chiello and no Asamoah on the left flank is ... Yeah.

pulga

Banned
Very solid performance, considering we're missing five starting XI players. Chievo had a single dangerous shot on goal in the entire match, from which they scored in big part thanks to an unfortunate deflection from one of our guys. One chance, one goal. It's been happening to us a lot lately, sigh. Otherwise they were pretty harmless. As for ourselves, we had most if not all of our chances in the first half. First goal was a nice volley from Matri following a chipped-ball assist from Vidal, the second a collaboration between Giovinco (who's decent when he doesn't take it upon himself to finish) and Lichtsteiner. The latter scored. All in all, we did okay. Chievo haven't lost at home in I don't know how long.

The bad news of the day is that Asamoah will skip Celtic - Juve, since Ghana qualified for the semi-final and consequently also for the 3rd/4th place final, which will be played on the 9th of February. We have Celtic on the 12th. No Chiello and no Asamoah on the left flank is ... Yeah.

Let me guess...PDC?

Wes

venison crêpe
American Football is good. I used to joke about it too but have grown to really enjoy the playcalling, chess-like aspect and matchups.

Wes

venison crêpe
I don't mind the sport itself. The ads, concerts etc are just too painful.

Concerts are only during superbowl. The ads are only good during the superbowl.

Or just watch on BBC and get no ads and watch analysis in the breaks. The Beeb do a very good job of goign through the basics of why a specific play was good/bad. They know the people watching may be first time viewers.

Stimpy

Watching sky and they just had an advert for the Super Bowl where they said "most watched sporting event of the year" that's not even close to being true is it?

Randdalf

American Football is good. I used to joke about it too but have grown to really enjoy the playcalling, chess-like aspect and matchups.

Ehh, I think American football is like cricket in the sense that it's entirely dire to anyone who's not invested in the outcome. It's a sad occasion when the main reason a large portion of people watch the sport is to see the commercials. Honestly, I find it mind-numbingly dull and unengaging, but each to their own.

dc89

/A tough match, but it was a fair result. As I always say, we'll fight til the end. My kid said to me today, "you'll score a goal for me today, won't you, daddy?" So today's goal is dedicated to him. Love you, Ben!

Aguero <3 :')
please don't leave us.

Kyoufu

Concerts are only during superbowl. The ads are only good during the superbowl.

Or just watch on BBC and get no ads and watch analysis in the breaks. The Beeb do a very good job of goign through the basics of why a specific play was good/bad. They know the people watching may be first time viewers.

I don't have BBC in my room :(

Top Bottom