• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Wilbur

Banned
Joaquin Phoenix was absolutely brilliant in the master. If he doesn't get the Oscar, I'll never watch a ceremony of this shit ever again.

DDL is going to win it. I haven't seen The Master yet but DDL was fucking insanely good in Lincoln. Insanely good.

But the Oscars is shit anyway.

Messi

Anything but Barca. Enough of that shit for a while.

MYkcg.gif

Fry

DDL is going to win it. I haven't seen The Master yet but DDL was fucking insanely good in Lincoln. Insanely good.

But the Oscars is shit anyway.

:/

I'm seeing the final scene of There Will Be Blood again. So awesome.

I don't want DDL to win it, even if I haven't seen Lincoln yet.

Timurid

The Master was ok. The acting was very good and cinematography was excellent. I saw it in 70mm too. So the screen was breathtaking, but the story was kinda boring and slow. Also, it was a little confusing too.

Linius

if DLL wins it, it means Phoenix doesn't. So I don't want DLL to fucking win it.

I'll get the popcorn out on Oscar night. Those 'mericans surely vote DDL :p

And if I want Phoenix or DDL to win is something I'll decide later when I've seen The Master.

For now I guess it's gonna be DDL and Waltz.

bud

Joaquin Phoenix was absolutely brilliant in the master. If he doesn't get the Oscar, I'll never watch a ceremony of this shit ever again.

the chances of ddl not winning are non-existant, dude. ddl. lincoln. spielberg. that's got oscar written all over it.

the master was fantastic, though. i don't think it's p.t.a.'s best but it's just a notch below punch-drunk love for me at the moment.

Fry

the chances of ddl not winning are non-existant, dude.

the master was fantastic, though. i don't think it's p.t.a.'s best but it's just a notch below punch-drunk love for me at the moment.

I know DDL is fantastic and all. but I must ask: is Lincoln an oscar bait movie?

I'm not sure i'm gonna enjoy it.

Wilbur

Banned
:/

I'm seeing the final scene of There Will Be Blood again. So awesome.

I don't want DDL to win it, even if I haven't seen Lincoln yet.

To answer your question, it isn't Oscar bait. Was really interesting actually, Spielberg's best film since Minority Report. Has some of his shitty saccharine moments but actually very well written and acted for the most part. DDL is incredible. Trust me, its one of the best acting performances I've ever seen. He just becomes Lincoln.

Jordan Rhodes equalled a club record today of scoring in 7 league games in a row

BBC say it was an own goal!

Wilbur

Banned
It blew me away. I really liked it. DDL killed it and I just liked the whole vibe of the movie.

The acting in general was great. Sally Field was shit and JGL was a non-entity, but all of these were either incredible or really good, even in the small roles:

Daniel Day-Lewis
David Strathairn
Tommy Lee Jones
Lee Pace
David Costabile
Michael Stuhlbarg
Boris McGiver
Walton Goggins
James Spader
Tim Blake Nelson
John Hawkes
Jackie Earle Haley
Jared Harris

To answer your question, it isn't Oscar bait. Was really interesting actually, Spielberg's best film since Minority Report. Has some of his shitty saccharine moments but actually very well written and acted for the most part. DDL is incredible. Trust me, its one of the best acting performances I've ever seen. He just becomes Lincoln.

BBC say it was an own goal!

Bbc be wrong he hit it against the keeper but it was on its way in

My brother (a random Exeter fan) went to Morecambe away today with a few mates, one of them Asian, and a group of Morecambe fans tried kicking off with them, one of these guys was dressed as a woman and wrapped in an EDL flag

I weep for our country sometimes lol

Messi

Do you guys think Man United have an advantage with the second leg vs Madrid being at home? Both of these teams are amazing at home. Does it kind of cancel itself out?

Wilbur

Banned
Bbc be wrong he hit it against the keeper but it was on its way in

My brother (a random Exeter fan) went to Morecambe away today with a few mates, one of them Asian, and a group of Morecambe fans tried kicking off with them, one of these guys was dressed as a woman and wrapped in an EDL flag

I weep for our country sometimes lol

I'm delighted for him, thought he was great almost every time I saw him for Huddersfield. Just has that instinctive eye for goal. If you don't go up in the next season or two I can see someone in the PL definitely going for him

And our country's a cesspit. Fuck it.

Do you guys think Man United have an advantage with the second leg vs Madrid being at home? Both of these teams are amazing at home. Does it kind of cancel itself out?

Nope. Don't think either team has a particular advantage when it comes to home or away games right now to be honest. It'll just come down to who performs better on the nights.

Linius

The acting in general was great. Sally Field was shit and JGL was a non-entity, but all of these were either incredible or really good, even in the small roles:

Daniel Day-Lewis
David Strathairn
Tommy Lee Jones
Lee Pace
David Costabile
Michael Stuhlbarg
Boris McGiver
Walton Goggins
James Spader
Tim Blake Nelson
John Hawkes
Jackie Earle Haley
Jared Harris

I like seeing him in theatre. First in Django, a week later I see him in Lincoln. Dat Boyd Crowder.

And TLJ was also impressive. And I laughed at the amount of great serie actors: Boyd Crowder, Arnold Rothstein, Lane Pryce, Daniel Hardman/Gale Boeticher, they were all there :p

bud

god, the master is so amazing, haha. PIG FUCK.

i'm still bummed out rourke lost out to penn at the oscars a few years ago.

I wanted to see Lincoln before making my top 10 list of best of the year 2012.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512262

When are you guys posting yours? bud, I'm thinking Skyfall will be first in my list. But don't break up with me ok?

haha, mine would be 1) take shelter, 2) the master, 3) intouchables, 4) moonrise kingdom. that's it. i don't think i could do a top ten based on the movies that i've seen.

i posted a top three in that thread, but i need to edit it.

Yeah but if Real run out 3-1 or 4-1. That second leg is no longer any advantage. Real could bury it at home. I think they will try to.

I don't think many CL knockout rounds you can say are decided by the end of the first leg. And even at 4-1 (which I seriously doubt would happen) Deportivo vs Milan...?

K1LLER7

United have played well away from home against the top teams this season.

Predict we'll beat Madrid 2-1 (Rooney x2 - Khedira)

Messi

Messi, is that Maggie in your avatar?

Or Vivian Volkoff as you may.

It is indeed.

Holy shit she is Vivian Volkoff. I knew I had seen her before Walking Dead.

She is the reason for me to keep watching walking dead.

I don't think many CL knockout rounds you can say are decided by the end of the first leg. And even at 4-1 (which I seriously doubt would happen) Deportivo vs Milan...?

Well true, it was more a hypothetical

United have played well away from home against the top teams this season.

Predict we'll beat Madrid 2-1 (Rooney x2 - Khedira)

You know Ronaldo is in crazy hot form right now?

feel

Second leg at home is an advantage. You can't win the tie in the first leg.
I like first leg at home, a 1-0 or 2-0 win (against a most likely passive opponent) is a foot in the next round because then a single away goal in the wilder second leg mean death for the other guys.

Linius

It is indeed.

Holy shit she is Vivian Volkoff. I knew I had seen her before Walking Dead.

She is the reason for me to keep watching walking dead.

Season three actually is lots of fun imo. I like the idea of a new episode monday. And she's hot, oh yes! Though in Chuck she stood in Strahotski's shadows.

Wilbur

Banned
You know Ronaldo is in crazy hot form right now?

I have a feeling Ronaldo might let the occasion get to him, start shooting from anywhere and everywhere and fail to really make an impact. Touch wood, because he'll make me eat my words now

Messi

Season three actually is lots of fun imo. I like the idea of a new episode monday. And she's hot, oh yes! Though in Chuck she stood in Strahotski's shadows.

Disagree, I think Sarah got more haggard as that show went on. I still need to watch the last season too.

Sarah was still hot though.

I have a feeling Ronaldo might let the occasion get to him, start shooting from anywhere and everywhere and fail to really make an impact. Touch wood, because he'll make me eat my words now

I remember when people said Ronaldo could not score in the big games and then he scored in 6 clasicos in a row. :/

Linius

Disagree, I think Sarah got more haggard as that show went on. I still need to watch the last season too.

Learned a new word in the English language today :p

But I'm afraid I can't agree. She looks hot troughout the whole series if you ask me. And you really should watch the last season, it's not that good (not bad either) but at least you know how it ends.

feel

This was me a few years ago when Manchester played at Porto in a second leg, and I thought he would choke because of the pressure of playing in Portugal, only for him to decide the tie with a fucking missile out of nowhere.

Wilbur

Banned
No fucking way. (Sorry, pulga!)

They're going all out for the CL this year while we're harbouring treble aspirations. I'd be delighted with just the league this year tbh, although FA Cup is definitely achievable.

I remember when people said Ronaldo could not score in the big games and then he scored in 6 clasicos in a row. :/

This was me a few years ago when Manchester played at Porto in a second leg, and I thought he would choke because of the pressure of playing in Portugal, only for him to decide the tie with a fucking missile out of nowhere.

:lol that goal was awesome.

It's not that he isn't a big game player, far from it. It's just because its United. I can see him trying too hard like he seems to sometimes and trying to do it all himself and suffering a little because of that.

Top Bottom