• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

barryog.gif

what's so shocking is not the goal itself which was just exposed his inept technical quality but his reaction afterwards.

Coupled with the first goal where he allowed soton to score after he lost possession and i can safely say this guy wanted his team to lose

Linius

My body is ready for a new day of football. Barca lunch game to start, though my parents want the TV off during lunch :/

bjaelke

must-win games.

You see Everton at home as a must-win? I could easily see them get a draw - especially with the CL match just 3 days away. Everton have a chance of going 5th in the table and must be feeling confident after the previous game at Goodison Park.

D_prOdigy

You see Everton at home as a must-win? I could easily see them get a draw - especially with the CL match just 3 days away. Everton have a chance of going 5th in the table and must be feeling confident after the previous game at Goodison Park.

It's not about the points...

H35Phde.jpg

barryog.gif

what's so shocking is not the goal itself which was just exposed his inept technical quality but his reaction afterwards.

Coupled with the first goal where he allowed soton to score after he lost possession and i can safely say this guy wanted his team to lose

I've been thinking about his reaction to that goal. Something ain't right about it. No swearing, no falling to the floor, no kicking the ground in disgust. No emotion whatsoever. He either doesn't care as he felt the game/title was beyond City already, or he doesn't care about the team's chances of success. If its the latter, City would be well advised to get rid as soon as possible.

Salazar

You see Everton at home as a must-win?

Feels less damp than writing "much-prefer-not-to-lose".

Taking advantage of City's loss is a tremendously attractive possibility. It just happens that it's Everton when that chance has come up.

I agree that it'll probably be bloody difficult to wring a result out of it.

No giving away idiotic free kicks, for one thing, because they'll make a fucking Aida production out of each and every one of them, and Jelavic and Fellaini will be completely unmanageable scum in the area.

Kagawa and Chicharito went halfway around the world to play internationals midweek. Doubt they'll start. My guess -

vs Everton:

---------------De Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
---------Carrick--Clevgod
Nani---------Rooney------Young
--------------Welbeck

vs Madrid:

-------------De Gea
Rafael-----Rio---Vidic----Evra
--------Carrick--Clevgod
AV7---------Rooney------Kagawa
---------------RVP

What's this shite about Wenger wanting Wilshere to get more protection? What a load of shite

@Salazar, Jelavic is merely sneaky in the box from free kicks. Fellaini is borderline psychotic.

Salazar

What's this shite about Wenger wanting Wilshere to get more protection? What a load of shite

lol

I remember when Wenger had a side of full-grown adult males and he was perfectly happy for them to foul the shit out of opposing teams.

Unsurprising if he's in some fantasy land where Arsenal players glide above the pitch playing ceaseless, benign but merciless tiki-taka. Mancini's stolen his "we play ze bessss futbol" line. Which is odd but in some respects predictable.

panty

No matter how hard you guys try, Ronaldo will always be seen as a much bigger asshole. You know why? Because he is.
Oh get the fuck out with that shit. How often has Ronnie waited after a game to badmouth a player or a coach?

"Because he is", yeah explain how? "Oh but he dived back in 2007 when he played for ManU yeah that's the one" blablabla.

Only a barca fan can see something positive about Messi being a total asshole. "Oh he's showing some character, way to go awesome!"

I know Ronaldo can't get over the fact Messi is better and younger but I would hope at least you guys would.
What the fuck is this?
How many of Barca-GAF are in here posting weekly news of crap Madrid players do(all the damn time, especially this season).
Ugh all the time when there's something to post about? Being it Pepe or Ronaldo or some other who just "fucked up".

dc89

I'm in the market for some new boots. I like Iniesta's CRT360's but I don't like the colour.

But saying this. Nike boots stink after a few wears, or they used to.

Ryder

Still can't fucking believe there's no way to watch La Liga games in Canada...

I know that feel bro, I live in Aus and the only league they televise is the premier league.

I pay $80 a month a minimum just for sports package and foxsports think the only league in the world that's relevant is is the Premier League. Disgusting.

I'm sure Salazar feels my pain too. Lol

confuziz

Banned
I pay 65 euros a month (total package (TV/Internet/phone) to get the Eredivisie and the most important matches from EPL/la liga/bundesliga/ligue 1 and serie A.

It's a pretty good deal.

Is Ronaldo really going to leave Madrid? Surely not.

Some great articles today in the build up the the CL tie. I loved Sergio Ramos' interview with Sid Lowe.

lol

It's criminal that you can be talking about a squad overhaul, dc.

This is why you need to be spanked by FFP. Hilarious to read chat from City fans about the academy and the campus and the youth plan.

"Shit, we might not retain the league. Squad overhaul time".

PRESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Z9m2kr7.gif
My thoughts exactly. This is why I hope they do go for an overhaul. It won't work. And more importantly they don't even need one, they have at least 15 really good players.

Jokers want to sell Dzeko, why on earth would you want to do that lol.

confuziz

Banned
Is Ronaldo really going to leave Madrid? Surely not.

Some great articles today in the build up the the CL tie. I loved Sergio Ramos' interview with Sid Lowe.

IF he is going to leave, it's purely for the money. He would never go to City so that means only PSG and Anzhi can afford him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@UnitedGAF

Manchester United are keen on Mirko Vucinic, his agent has claimed

BCvaXRECEAAIogN.jpg

United were said to be keen on luring the Juventus striker to England, and the summer arrival of Fernando Llorente has placed question marks over his future.

Asked about United, Lucci told Tuttomercatoweb: "It is not up to me to say, but United is a club of world level, as well as Juventus. So it is normal that this kind of teams follow Mirko.

"Do we have problems with the arrival of some top players at Juve? Absolutely not, it would only be a good thing for him.

"The coach Antionio Conte considers Vucinic a key player for his way of playing. He scores and creates assist for his team-mates. "

KuGsj.gif

Clegg

My thoughts exactly. This is why I hope they do go for an overhaul. It won't work. And more importantly they don't even need one, they have at least 15 really good players.

IMO there's 4 or 5 players in City's squad that aren't good enough to play for them. Toure/Sinclair/Nasri/Maicon and then Lescott and Dzeko will probably leave in summer too.

I wouldn't say its completely ridiculous to sell these players and attempt to get better ones in.

Salazar

Matri is beyond hope as well.
KuGsj.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

8xuIjLb.gif

I vaguely remember United getting something disallowed because a boot had come off.

grr.

I wouldn't say its completely ridiculous to sell these players

The whiff of a clear-out will make it hard to get much of a return. And City are going to be represented as planning exactly that if they don't get the league off us.

Of course, City are rich as can be, but clubs still, doggedly, tend to care about these things.

dc89

IMO there's 4 or 5 players in City's squad that aren't good enough to play for them. Toure/Sinclair/Nasri/Maicon and then Lescott and Dzeko will probably leave in summer too.

I wouldn't say its completely ridiculous to sell these players and attempt to get better ones in.

Overhaul was a poor choice of word by myself. But expect half a dozen players to go, Bridge and RSC is already a given.

And expect us to get some new players. We won't have a repeatif last summer.

I don't keep up with this thread very well so it may have already been talked about a few times but how much chatter has there been about the two howlers and a shocking result in the Man City game less than a week after the Interpol match fixing story.

Highly doubt there was anything going to behind the scenes in this match or most highest league games, just terrible timing for such a display.

Linius

Easy game for Barca.

Ajax XI: Vermeer; Van Rhijn, Alderweireld, Moisander, Blind; Schöne, Poulsen, Eriksen; Cuenca, De Jong, Fischer.

He's playing!

Arnie

Final day in Spain, saw a bull fight yesterday, and a bull run, Spaniards are crazy as fuck. Wonder if the matadors have Twitter accounts?

Going to watch Everton in a bar I think, one of the lads on the trip is a Blue and he's insisting. Watching Marca Gol at the moment and the woman on here is fucking perfect.

Top Bottom