• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Tc91

8xuIjLb.gif

I vaguely remember United getting something disallowed because a boot had come off.

grr.

The whiff of a clear-out will make it hard to get much of a return. And City are going to be represented as planning exactly that if they don't get the league off us.

It was something to do with a free kick if I recall. Of course it involved Evra and I'm not too sure but we either scored from it or conceded.

Salazar

I don't keep up with this thread very well so it may have already been talked about a few times but how much chatter has there been about the two howlers and a shocking result in the Man City game less than a week after the Interpol match fixing story.

Highly doubt there was anything going to behind the scenes in this match or most highest league games, just terrible timing for such a display.

Nothing compared to boxing, lol.

Sonny Bill Williams fights a washed up fat bloke, and the fight gets cut from 12 to 10 rounds so they can give him a points victory before he lets it slip.

mXgg4i6.jpg

And the plot thickens, lol

FRANCOIS BOTHA, the former heavyweight world champion beaten by Sonny Bill Williams on Friday night, has tested positive to a banned substance.
Botha, whose claims he did not know the WBA international heavyweight bout would only last 10 rounds have also now been discredited, failed a drugs test on the eve of the fight.
Results of a urine sample submitted by the 44-year-old South African in Brisbane last Tuesday under WBA regulations show he had Phentermine - a banned stimulant - in his system.
The drugs test, which has now been forwarded to the WBA's global headquarters in Panama, also detected Benzodiazepine, which suggested Botha was also using a valium-type product.

Leading sports doctor Peter Larkins said the two substances had an opposite effect.

''One puts you to sleep, one keeps you awake,'' Larkins told Fairfax Media. ''Phentermine is part of the go-fast group, as I call them, which is similar category to all of the adrenalin amphetamines … anything that is a stimulant that keeps you awake and improves your reflexes."

Maybe you're thinking about the free kick that led to the goal against us when we played Bilbao last year, when Evra's boot came off?

Ah, yes. The details were lost in a haze of fury. We were properly fucked in that game anyway, I guess.

Linius

Will probably be watching this match. Has Boilesen returned from his injury/injuries?

He's back in group training. We may see him playing his first minutes in the first squad this month. Though I'm not sure what De Boer's plans are for him because we now have Blind who actually plays pretty well this season.

spidye

526433_612764455406916_159795226_n.jpg

best midfielder in the world in the best league in the world<3

on a serious note. it looks like gomez is really pissed at bayern because of some rumors we're going to buy lewandowski. I guess he'll leave the club in summer.
who wants gomez?

Wes

venison crêpe
#AVFC Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Clark, Baker, Westwood, Delph, N’Zogbia, Bowery, Weimann, Benteke.

on a serious note. it looks like gomez is really pissed at bayern because of some rumors we're going to buy lewandowski. I guess he'll leave the club in summer.
who wants gomez?

Gomez Lewandowski swap. Lewy to fail and Klopp teaching Gomez how to actually play football. It will be glorious.

Hixx

We're moving in the next 2 weeks I am definitely going to miss the PS4 announcement and all the shit that goes with it. Gutted, I love new gens and all the sad little twats trying to one-up each other with things that they've never even seen in the flesh yet.

Both are shit.

No arguments there :p

Both are very good when on form though. When watching Carroll, its ridiculous how much of a difference it makes when he's fully fit and confident. He's sub League 1 when he's not on his game, and he's pretty much an unstoppable powerhouse at his best

Kyoufu

No arguments there :p

Both are very good when on form though. When watching Carroll, its ridiculous how much of a difference it makes when he's fully fit and confident. He's sub League 1 when he's not on his game, and he's pretty much an unstoppable powerhouse at his best

Carroll has a massive presence. Almost single-handedly turned the FA Cup final around. He's still a flop though IMO.

Cisse was amazing last season in Bundesliga and the Premier League, but this season he is utter shit.

Carroll has a massive presence. Almost single-handedly turned the FA Cup final around. He's still a flop though IMO.

Cisse was amazing last season in Bundesliga and the Premier League, but this season he is utter shit.

Damien Commoli is probably the only person in the world who would argue with that :p

Milan XI: Abbiati; Abate-Mexes-Zapata-De Sciglio; Flamini-Ambrosini-Muntari; Niang-Balotelli-El Shaarawy.

Once again, we're forced to win, if we get three points today we'll get really close to Lazio (-2 points), which also means that we'll be closer to the CL spot.

Top Bottom