• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Hixx

The only show that come close to The Wire was FlashForward

ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

Yen

House of Cards was really good. Spacey and Wright were brilliant.
The original was really good too, I'll probably buy the other two HoC series on dvd.

Lightning

Banned
It could have been 3 or 4 - 0 at half time to Arsenal but second half was more even, Giroud and Fletcher guilty of missing great chances. When Jenkinson went off (Johnson and Sess turned him inside out all game, he looked so out of his depth) I honestly thought we were going to nick at least a point. When Walcott hit the post I thought luck was just going to swing it our way but fucking Chesney and Bramble conspiring to keep us goalless...
When we kept missing chances I really expected us to blow it. Szczesny played his best game this seasos saved us. I don't fault Bramble that much, he didn't have much time to react, was under pressure, and that can happen to anyone but Szczesny played well in the 2nd half after your outstanding keeper frustrated the shit out of me in the first half.

He hasn't had enough minutes on the pitch to prove this. He looked decent at the beginning of the season and could do with a nice season long loan somewhere.
That somewhere should be somewhere else. Did you watch the game? Even if you take the yellow card errors out, which he got caught out twice, he was getting turned around and caught out all game and this was against Sunderland who don't have the best attack. I am not saying he wont ever be a decent player, but at this moment today, he is not good enough for top 4 premier league.

While I was obviously exaggerating, I am still annoyed that FlashForward got cancelled

It was great, then the writer lost it, and by the time they'd bought in better writers and got it back on track everyone had stopped watching it :(

faridmon

Actually this is a good question and I have wondered it for a long time have anyone watched this show:

The_4400.jpg

and what did you think of it?

I loved it and I was really broken when they cancelled it.

Hixx

When we kept missing chances I really expected us to blow it. Szczesny played his best game this seasos saved us. I don't fault Bramble that much, he didn't have much time to react, was under pressure, and that can happen to anyone but Szczesny played well in the 2nd half after your outstanding keeper frustrated the shit out of me in the first half.

That somewhere should be somewhere else. Did you watch the game? Even if you take the yellow card errors out, which he got caught out twice, he was getting turned around and caught out all game and this was against Sunderland who don't have the best attack. I am not saying he wont ever be a decent player, but at this moment today, he is not good enough for top 4 premier league.

That one was unlucky, it could have went anywhere but I'm positive another corner/cross dropped to him about 4 yards out and he lashed it wide.

Mignolet has been the best keeper in the league this season... I've pretty much accepted he'll leave in the summer, just worried how much we'll get for him now.

Salvadora

No I didn't get a chance to watch it yet unfortunately, he was that bad was he? Any reason why Koscielny didn't take part?

Mhh, Santos lost at home too, this must be a sign - Neymar to Dortmund.

lol, no thanks - he kinda does seem like the next Denilson, as Zabo suggested.

arkon

While I was obviously exaggerating, I am still annoyed that FlashForward got cancelled

It was great, then the writer lost it, and by the time they'd bought in better writers and got it back on track everyone had stopped watching it :(

The hiatus didn't help. I was going to pick that show up and then it went off air for a while. By the time it started up again I'd lost interest and it got cancelled shortly after.

The hiatus didn't help. I was going to pick that show up and then it went off air for a while. By the time it started up again I'd lost interest and it got cancelled shortly after.

I stopped watching Heroes when they had a midseason break and didn't advertise its return. It was terrible by that point anyway, but I should watch it to the end. There were only like 8 episodes left when I stopped :D

arkon

I stopped watching Heroes when they had a midseason break and didn't advertise its return. It was terrible by that point anyway, but I should watch it to the end. There were only like 8 episodes left when I stopped :D

The writer's strike did irreparable damage as I recall. That show never seemed to recover from that terrible second season. I tried to soldier on through the rest but stopped at the beginning of season 3

Messi

Yes. I'm surprised you haven't already.

I own it and The OC but I never watched them.

Is she in much of it?

Edit: Right now the show I love the most and can't wait for weekly is Suits. The entire cast is wonderful. Also Meghan Markle is stunning

The writer's strike did irreparable damage as I recall. That show never seemed to recover from that terrible second season. I tried to soldier on through the rest but stopped at the beginning of season 3

You could tell how badly the budget was cut as well. There was one moment where they spent about 5 episodes building p to a fight between
Sylar and either Nathan or Peter
and they had the fight behind a partially closed door, and all you could see was the light coming through the gap.

Lightning

Banned
No I didn't get a chance to watch it yet unfortunately, he was that bad was he? Any reason why Koscielny didn't take part?
Koscielny was injured. Never recovered from the mid week injury in time and Wenger didn't want to risk it. He'll be fine for Bayern.

And yeah Jenkinson was that bad. He really needs a full season on loan to a PL club as there is no way he can start for us and us have confidence. There will be games where he will be fine but there's no way he should be that shaky against Sunderland. I mea nno disrespect to Sunderland but they are not the most attacking side around.

arkon

You could tell how badly the budget was cut as well. There was one moment where they spent about 5 episodes building p to a fight between
Sylar and either Nathan or Peter
and they had the fight behind a partially closed door, and all you could see was the light coming through the gap.

:D

I think I remember that!

LOL

Zabojnik

I own it and The OC but I never watched them.

Is she in much of it?

Edit: Right now the show I love the most and can't wait for weekly is Suits. The entire cast is wonderful. Also Meghan Markle is stunning

It's been a while since I've seen it. She's the main character's love interest, she pops up from time to time. I remember thinking "she's much hotter here than in House". The show itself was decent.

It always surprises me how many people seemingly love Suits, but completely ignore The Good Wife.

Messi

It's been a while since I've seen it. She's the main character's love interest, she pops up from time to time. I remember thinking "she's much hotter here than in House". The show itself was decent.

It always surprises me how many people seemingly love Suits, but completely ignore The Good Wife.

Hotter than in house? I might die

Louis Litt and Harvey really make suits. I never heard of either of them before suits. I started watching it because Zoe from firefly was in it.

Atletico - go home. You're shite.

I always imagine the cat typing your posts, it's wonderful

Yen

I watched The Event when it aired. It was bad when with 10 eps today, it was obvious/confirmed the show would be cancelled, so everything was resolved far too quickly. They spent episodes building up a character to be "Jacob" and they just have him shoot himself. That guy Ivanek was great though.

arkon

I've never cringed while shaking my head before, or after that moment :p

From what I've seen of Person of Interest, the lead character seems miscast. Ben from Lost is fine though

Paloma Faith is fucking terrible, and annoying

Cringing was a regular occurrence for me with Heroes. Especially with Milo Ventimiglia's acting

Fry

Man, you'd probably run laps around the house if Neymar ended up in Munich.
Let's hope so, just for kicks..

I'd like to see him taking this big step in his career. At this point, it's pretty much needed. I think he would adapt his game pretty quickly in Germany.

But his ego would be too much with Robben already there. :O Having both, it would be almost a life risk to sign Suarez too. :lol

Top Bottom