• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

pulga

Banned
Real Madrid memo 101. After diving of course.

That's the school of Mourinho. Diving, cheating, kickboxing and cockiness. The Madrid players have taken it to an art form.

Pellegrini may never have won as many trophies as the The Special one but at least he was honest and his team reflected that.

busquetst.gif

arkon

Mancini likes to throw the odd player under the bus, doesn't he. Just compare the goalkeepers and their managers when they've made errors. How many times has Mancini had a go at Hart this year, saying he's been making mistakes? I'm sure Fergie does the same with De Gea but he gives him feedback in private. In his interviews he says "If he's a bad goalkeeper then I want a bad goalkeeper". Man management, y'all.

Not really sure you can praise Fergie in this instance. What with the rotating of goalkeepers that was going on earlier this season (wasn't he dropped after a mistake in the Fulham game which didn't even lead to any dropped points?) and around the same time last season.

Lightning

Banned
wat. Ronaldo considers Sir Alex Ferguson to be a 2nd father. Dude knows where he came from and who helped him become the player he is today. Even when he scored against Sporting CP as a Man U player, he didn't celebrate, and I can assure if when he scores against Man U this Wednesday he won't celebrate either. His situation is different to Messi since he played for multiple teams. By the time he arrived to Real he was already a beast.
I'm talking about the system at Real Madrid to get him where he is and to bring him to the highest spotlight. I know he has heaps of love for Man Utd and Ferguson. The Madrid situation is set up for Ronaldo to shine, everyone else takes a back seat, and that's what he needs to appreciate.

arkon

this schalke is the worst schalke I have ever seen

Neuer was so bored during the game yesterday that he and müller were passing the ball to each other to keep himself warm
3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpeg

That was during the game? How was that even allowed if so? LOL

arkon

actually it isn't but it's schalke
who cares

Hahaha

They looked pretty decent earlier in the season from what I remember as well. Although, yeah, I don't follow Bundesliga too closely. I guess you tend to have those teams every season that start off really brightly and then start to nosedive in form.

pulga

Banned
wat. Ronaldo considers Sir Alex Ferguson to be a 2nd father. Dude knows where he came from and who helped him become the player he is today. Even when he scored against Sporting CP as a Man U player, he didn't celebrate, and I can assure if when he scores against Man U this Wednesday he won't celebrate either. His situation is different to Messi since he played for multiple teams. By the time he arrived to Real he was already a beast.

“I won everything there. It was a fantastic part of my life there.
“And maybe it was the time I enjoyed my football the most because I was so young.
“To be at Manchester United — one of the biggest clubs in the world — at just 18! It was a dream!
“And to play alongside those players you had only seen before on television — maybe that’s why I feel I enjoyed it there the most.”

--- Actually, just read everything here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4787035/Cristiano-Ronaldo-My-best-time-in-football-was-at-Manchester-United.html

It's a good interview, throws heaps of praise at United and Frogie.

FootballFan

“I won everything there. It was a fantastic part of my life there.
“And maybe it was the time I enjoyed my football the most because I was so young.
“To be at Manchester United — one of the biggest clubs in the world — at just 18! It was a dream!
“And to play alongside those players you had only seen before on television — maybe that’s why I feel I enjoyed it there the most.”

--- Actually, just read everything here http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4787035/Cristiano-Ronaldo-My-best-time-in-football-was-at-Manchester-United.html

"I'm a slave" - Ronaldo trying to push a move to Madrid.

GolazoDan

Not really sure you can praise Fergie in this instance. What with the rotating of goalkeepers that was going on earlier this season (wasn't he dropped after a mistake in the Fulham game which didn't even lead to any dropped points?) and around the same time last season.
Depends on whether you think he's rotating or dropping players. He did it last season too, there was a Stoke game last year where De Gea and Lindegaard both didn't play and Ben Amos got the nod (kept a clean sheet too, lovely stuff). Giving Lindegaard a go if De Gea made a mistake in the previous game every now and then's alright, it's when you're making a point of singling him out in your post-match interview that there's a problem. Doubt that'll happen again though since Lindegaard did a Kuszczak in that Reading game.

Fergie's always swapped players in and out, probably a good test of the players' mental attributes in the long run. Good bit on Sky today where they interviewed Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer. Very interesting, especially the impact of signing Yorke in 1998 because he added to the competition. If one player was left on the bench he'd want to come on as a sub and make an impact to prove that he should be starting.

No way Andy Cole didn't have animosity for Teddy though. I love Andy Cole but srsly bro.

FootballFan

Barca and Real fans are the worst, so much fucking salt

That's just how it is. I don't hate Pulga. I hate his team. Pulga
probably
doesn't hate me, he hates Barca.

He only likes Iniesta or Puyol, everyone else is a puppet. I only like Casillas and Higuain, everyone else, Alonso and Ozil included, is a puppet.

I've replaced the word cunt with puppet.

arkon

Depends on whether you think he's rotating or dropping players. He did it last season too, there was a Stoke game last year where De Gea and Lindegaard both didn't play and Ben Amos got the nod (kept a clean sheet too, lovely stuff). Giving Lindegaard a go if De Gea made a mistake in the previous game every now and then's alright, it's when you're making a point of singling him out in your post-match interview that there's a problem. Doubt that'll happen again though since Lindegaard did a Kuszczak in that Reading game.

Fergie's always swapped players in and out, probably a good test of the players' mental attributes in the long run. Good bit on Sky today where they interviewed Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solskjaer. Very interesting, especially the impact of signing Yorke in 1998 because he added to the competition. If one player was left on the bench he'd want to come on as a sub and make an impact to prove that he should be starting.

No way Andy Cole didn't have animosity for Teddy though. I love Andy Cole but srsly bro.

Well, I'm pretty sure Fergie mentioned that De Gea would be dropped for his mistake after the Fulham game. There were quotes and everything!

On the rotating thing, yeah, it's gotta be done and you can't really argue given the track record of your side in the last few years. I've nothing against it. I just thought in the De Gea instance it's not exactly the best way to handle it, especially given all the scrutiny he was already under.

spidye

Neymar asked Dante everything about bayern, dante recently said in an interview.

gonna be a very interesting summer in 2014

The_Joker

happy birthday to the fairest player of all time (@dortmund fans: yeah...i said it)

can't believe he is 30

cvzjQmA.jpg

and apparently sylvie is still with him

diAomHz.jpg

Top Bottom