• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

pulga

Banned
Neymar, on Santos' first loss of 2013:

'Losing is bad, even during carnival. Playing on a sunday in the middle of carnival is not for everyone. It should have been on saturday damn it.'

igHJgAnMuONVm.jpg

lololololol

He's probably hungover as fuck

FootballFan

:lol from Real Madrid fan on BigSoccer:

"I scratch my head at Cleverly. People suggesting he is the next "big" thing since Paul Scholes. I dont see it. Just an average player.

Wiltshire over Cleverly all day."

He would be confused in FootballGAF.

Clegg

I've been impressed by Jones in his last few appearances. He's done very good work in nullifying Bale and Fellaini in recent weeks.

He's been given a limited role to play in these games (stick to these players like glue) but he's done his job well.

3Sixty

Got a bunch of new followers since my

"MISSING: Yaya Toure Last Seen: Jack Cork's back pocket" tweet.

One of them has a bio that says. "Supports Arsenal and Southampton FC"

What a twat.

Oh i see.

It jumped while i was at work.

iKKcimL0w5roC.png

Clegg

I might be dc'ing but fuck it.

Giggs' goal today marked the 23rd consecutive season in which he's scored for Manchester United.

Legend.

Randdalf

I was reading a crazy stat like he's been involved in ~15% of United league games ever.

He's played over 900 games for United.

He's played with 140 different players for United.

He's scored in the most Champions Leagues.

He's broken his own record for the oldest scorer in the Champions League.

There are loads more just like that, quite remarkable really, and he still has the quality to play at the top level.

Bo-Locks

Aight Manchester is gonna lose next week champions game /sigh

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/10/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-everton

and

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/09/ferguson-television-success-europe

Even if its true, he found the perfect excuse... pants down before even playing

Barring any horrific refereeing decisions there will be no excuses from United if we get beat by Real. The decision to alter the team for Everton was a calculated one, it wasn't something we were forced into from injuries or other mitigating circumstances like earlier on in the season. Our squad is in good shape. Wasn't Mou complaining about their scheduling a few weeks back, anyway? They play Barca on Sunday and play United in the second leg on Tuesday. Hardly ideal for them, but when United are wrapping up the PL in Feb, Real will be getting knocked out of La Liga in March, so good luck with that.

Remember when Arsenal used to be confrontational? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2PphaX8_JE

Now they swap shirts at half time. And Wenger struggles with his zipper.

Meier

Disappointed but not surprised that United won earlier. I think it's pretty safe to assume that's it. Congrats to them on another great year.

Soi-Fong

Disappointed but not surprised that United won earlier. I think it's pretty safe to assume that's it. Congrats to them on another great year.

Not over yet. United can still fuck this up. Just better to try to get a result every game. Will say though that a 12 point lead is very reassuring.

K1LLER7

Say if you were a professional footballer, would 2-3 days rest be enough for you to be able to play 90 mins again?

I'm pretty sure whoever played on Sunday will definitely be up for playing at the Bernabeu. I'm thinking we'll start Carrick and Ando so the midfield should be fresh. Nani/Welbeck on the right wing, both didn't play against Everton. Rooney on the left, he's the only player who's played the last 2 games the full 90 mins, but he'll be up for it. Kagawa was rested so he'll most likely play behind RVP.

Soi-Fong

Say if you were a professional footballer, would 2-3 days rest be enough for you to be able to play 90 mins again?

I'm pretty sure whoever played on Sunday will definitely be up for playing at the Bernabeu. I'm thinking we'll start Carrick and Ando so the midfield should be fresh. Nani/Welbeck on the right wing, both didn't play against Everton. Rooney on the left, he's the only player who's played the last 2 games the full 90 mins, but he'll be up for it. Kagawa was rested so he'll most likely play behind RVP.

A guarantee I think is Vidic and Ferdinand in the center. I'm hoping RVP and Kagawa start right behind him. Rooney might start.. Not sure.

I'm hoping Valencia doesn't start. He did better today, but he's still way out of form.

I think the Premier League need to do a better job of helping clubs that are in Europe. What's good for Arsenal and Man Utd is good for them too.

Man Utd V Everton is a good fixture but it could have been played on the Saturday afternoon instead of the Tottenham V Newcastle game. Liverpool have to play tomorrow night before flying out to Russia for Thursday too, it's baffling.

K1LLER7

Yeah a back four of Rafael, Vidic, Rio and Evra.

We could do with this guy at the moment: The New Messi

Thats 2 goals in 5 games, he was MOTM in their game last week. Can't wait till he returns in the summer. His link-up play with Kagawa in pre-season was Barca like.

Should give him the number 7 on his return. United did pay 7m after all, Its destiny.

Top Bottom