• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

GolazoDan

Well, I'm pretty sure Fergie mentioned that De Gea would be dropped for his mistake after the Fulham game. There were quotes and everything!

On the rotating thing, yeah, it's gotta be done and you can't really argue given the track record of your side in the last few years. I've nothing against it. I just thought in the De Gea instance it's not exactly the best way to handle it, especially given all the scrutiny he was already under.
Was a bit annoying at the time although I've been a staunch De Gea defender since we signed him and we got some quality journalism after the 10/11 Community Shield/first game against West Brom. I think that Fulham game may have been around the time where Fergie basically said that there would be "two first choice keepers" which was a bit odd.

That Reading game may have been a blessing in disguise because it convinced Fergie that you can't treat a young goalkeeper like, for example, he could treat Rafael. Rafael made an error, take him out of the spotlight. Sit him on the bench, play Gary Neville or John O'Shea. Not the same with a high pressure position like goalkeeper. People notice if you're gone.

Speaking of that Fulham error, best Vidic/De Gea performance yet today. Good stuff.

FootballFan

Dh5Wlin.jpg

Good times, can't wait for CL <3 RVP 4 goals against Madrid will be beautiful, while Bojan gets a reunion he will never forget.

That was a great game tbh.

arkon

Was a bit annoying at the time although I've been a staunch De Gea defender since we signed him and we got some quality journalism after the 10/11 Community Shield/first game against West Brom. I think that Fulham game may have been around the time where Fergie basically said that there would be "two first choice keepers" which was a bit odd.

That Reading game may have been a blessing in disguise because it convinced Fergie that you can't treat a young goalkeeper like, for example, he could treat Rafael. Rafael made an error, take him out of the spotlight. Sit him on the bench, play Gary Neville or John O'Shea. Not the same with a high pressure position like goalkeeper. People notice if you're gone.

Speaking of that Fulham error, best Vidic/De Gea performance yet today. Good stuff.

Yep. Seemed to erase the confidence he had in Lindegaard as well.

GolazoDan

Arsenal hatred of Van Persie always seems really artificial. That transfer was hardly the football equivalent of Hulkster dropping the big leg on Macho Man.

Wes

venison crêpe
Today has been the first time I've been happy about football in two months. I think I'll sleep soundly.

I like Messi much more because he understands what Barcelona have done for him, what they continue to do for him in shaping the system/formation of the teams playing style to bring him to the height of his talents, and thanks those around him Inestia for how they contribute to his game. Argentina don't do this well enough and it's easy to note that Messi doesn't perform as well and Argentina don't win.

Ronaldo imo is too ungrateful and self absorbed. He lacks appreciation.

That's what I love about Henry and Fabregas that they appreciate what Arsenal gave them. That Arsenal developed and changed their style of play to bring the absolute best out of them to show the world what world class talents they are. Both those players acknowledged that.
You have absolutely no reason to think that.

Football fans are so fucking stupid. They'll make up an entire personality just to go along with what they want to believe.

You don't know any of them. They've done nothing major to make anybody really dislike them.

Bo-Locks

Arsenal hatred of Van Persie always seems really artificial. That transfer was hardly the football equivalent of Hulkster dropping the big leg on Macho Man.

I agree. He stuck with them longer than he should have done and ended up harming his career. Wilshere will leave in a couple of years, too.

Speaking of Hulk, he just spanked "Lawro" in the BBC predications garbage.

Hulk - 10 points
Lawro - 6 points

Clegg

Ronaldo has always seemed pretty grateful towards SAF and United.

He acknowledges how much he developed at Old Trafford and has always been very complimentary towards the staff and players.

Yen

Suarez is a bigger cunt than both combined.

Football fans are so fucking stupid. They'll make up an entire personality just to go along with what they want to believe.

You don't know any of them. They've done nothing major to make anybody really dislike them.

Fergie said something this week about how he trusts every one of his players and is happy to pick any of them as he knows they'll do a job.

Whether that's actually true or not, it definitely seems like his players believe it.

Mancini's man management is bizarre, you can only slate your players publicly so much and get a reaction. Eventually they'll just get sick of it.

I agree. He stuck with them longer than he should have done and ended up harming his career. Wilshere will leave in a couple of years, too.

Speaking of Hulk, he just spanked "Lawro" in the BBC predications garbage.

Hulk - 10 points
Lawro - 6 points

Hulk should have claimed 40-1 was a typo and got himself a perfect score for Chelsea vs Wigan.

GolazoDan

Reasons to dislike Ronaldo fall within the pantomime aspect of football. If you legitimately dislike him then I dunno. Don't take it so seriously.

They've done nothing major to make anybody really dislike them.
Not sure this applies to Suarez. Couple of nasty things.

FootballFan

Mancini's man management is bizarre, you can only slate your players publicly so much and get a reaction. Eventually they'll just get sick of it.

You don't know Mancini. He has done nothing major to make anybody really dislike him.

You don't know Mancini. He has done nothing major to make anybody really dislike him.
Only Yenrot can Yenrot.

Fwiw I actually like Mancini. He's just not a very good manager.

Clegg

There are legitimate reasons to question Mancini. His tactics are failing and it's clear that he isn't getting the best out of his players.

The Ronaldo hate is a bit puzzling though. I can't really think of anything that would make people think he's a cunt. There was the incident with the Ferrari in the tunnel and his very short shorts. But that just makes him a bit of a knob.

Kyoufu

I'll tell you what's worse.

When Man United fans lick Ronaldo's arse claiming he's better than Messi simply because he was so good at Man United.

That kind of bias is stupid.

pulga

Banned

Footballfan is so fucking stupid. They'll make up an entire personality just to go along with what they want to believe.

Am I too late to the fix?

<3 im just messing with ya

Fry

Neymar, on Santos' first loss of 2013:

'Losing is bad, even during carnival. Playing on a sunday in the middle of carnival is not for everyone. It should have been on saturday damn it.'

igHJgAnMuONVm.jpg

lololololol

Top Bottom