• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

bjaelke

I have kind of a noob euro football question. Are most people from England supporting Man U and Arsenal in UEFA since they are in the premiereship or would you follow your regular allegiances.

For example would a Tottenham fan support fellow EPL teams or hope they get knocked out for spite?
In some of the smaller nations you could see teams* supporting each other and hoping for an extra qualification spot the following year. National co-efficiency and all that. The majority of the time, however, they'll rather see their rival teams crash and burn.

Kyoufu

It's not just Spurs fans wanting Chelsea to lose.

Everyone but Chelsea fans wanted them to lose.

Di Matteo knew this so he created a machine that would channel all this hate and convert it into luck.

U21s playing Liverpool at the moment. 1-0 up. I don't think it's being broadcast so I'd assume it's at ours. Liverpool are the only team unbeaten across both stages of the competition apparently which is quite impressive.

Also, Klopp staying at Dortmund until at least 2016 according to this interview. So no Chelsea for him.

Real Madrid have managed to get the Liga Clasico moved from Sunday nights primetime spot to Saturday afternoon, ahead of the CL 2nd leg.

Game can't be shown live in the UK now.

I wish the PL did more to help its sides competing in Europe. More or less the only major league which doesn't.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
U21s playing Liverpool at the moment. 1-0 up. I don't think it's being broadcast so I'd assume it's at ours. Liverpool are the only team unbeaten across both stages of the competition apparently which is quite impressive.

Obika scored again. At 22 years old I don't think he'll ever make it into the first team, Kane is 3 years younger and shown much more at senior level in the lower divisions.

Wilbur

Banned
Real Madrid have managed to get the Liga Clasico moved from Sunday nights primetime spot to Saturday afternoon, ahead of the CL 2nd leg.

I wish the PL did more to help its sides competing in Europe. More or less the only major league which doesn't.

Nuts we didn't play Saturday night really. Would have meant more changes I suppose and no advantage of knowing the City score, but still fucking dumb.

Worked from 11:30 to 2 in the morning yesterday, missed loads. Can't wait to watch MOTD, by all accounts it was one of our best performances of the season?

bud

That's how we know VdV! Typical Ajax cunt

Theo+Janssen.jpg

Amazing picture. Shitty Janssen.

strootman is easily the "shittiest" player in the league. it doesn't surprise me that united are supposedly interested in him.

Messi

Wankers, now I have to avoid GAF during the game and miss the fun/meltdowns

AndresON777

shooting blanks

I hope you guys win. I can't see it though. Luckily for us gringos fox soccer to go has a free trial this week! I can see it at work on my phone

Mastadon

Banned
Has this been posted?

Betfred boss Fred Done is making his earliest ever pay-out on his beloved Manchester United winning the Premier League title.

And that comes despite the Salford bookie famously losing over £1million by paying punters early on United and getting burned twice before – including last season.

Sunday’s 2-0 victory for Sir Alex Ferguson’s men over Everton combined with Manchester City’s shock 3-1 loss at Southampton extended the Red Devils’ lead at the top to 12 points.

And Done decided to hand over £300,000 to United backers with 12 games still to play - almost a third of the campaign, including a derby against nearest challengers City.

Done said: “After it all went wrong last year, my missus made me promise to never do it again.

“But with United 12 points clear with just 12 games left the title race is over - so my punters can collect their dough on United.”

The Betfred chief was the first person to pay out early on United in March of 1998, when they blew an identical 12-point lead and were pipped to the title by a point by Arsenal.

That cost lifelong Reds fan Done a cool half a million – a loss matched last term after paying out on United when five points clear with seven games remaining.

A late collapse saw bitter rivals Manchester City famously snatch the title with virtually the last kick of the season against Queens Park Rangers.

Done is risking the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson and United fans. Fergie told him never to repeat the move after 1998, and fans have blamed him for jinxing last season’s challenge.

But despite being stung in the past he is sure that there is now no way back for United’s rivals – and insists they are a cert to clinch a 20th Premier League crown.

:lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Nah, they don't give a fuck in Italy either.

confuziz

Banned
BBC Sporf 8m BREAKING: Live pictures from The Vatican, as Peter Odemwingie turns up for a medical ahead of his new role as #Pope.

BC0zPy8CUAA9lUs.jpg

:lol

Arsenal hatred of Van Persie always seems really artificial. That transfer was hardly the football equivalent of Hulkster dropping the big leg on Macho Man.
It's because his leaving couldn't be excused for anything other than pure ambition, confirming to Arsenal fans what everyone else already knew, they are a club satisfied with regular CL football and nothing more.

It's not just Spurs fans wanting Chelsea to lose.

Everyone but Chelsea fans wanted them to lose.

Di Matteo knew this so he created a machine that would channel all this hate and convert it into luck.
I wanted Chelsea to win and I dislike them immensely.

Mastadon

Banned
Hes paid out on us twice before I think. Both times we lost our lead.

What does a bookie gain from paying out early?

It's a publicity stunt at this stage I'd image. It'll cost him if it's wrong, but it's good advertisement.

Although not a good as being on Bendtner's pants ofc.

Kyoufu

Holy fuck you suck dc. That's nearly a week old :lol

The best part is the article's source is a NeoGAF thread...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Empty

The best part is the article's source is a NeoGAF thread...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

does dc51 read any part of gaf?

Top Bottom