• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Kyoufu

Only time framerate bothers me is when it's detrimental to the core game. Fighting games or any frame specific video game should be 60 FPS.

Otherwise, I can put up with slideshows no problem.

Salvadora

I get where Wilbury is coming from. I feel like I've turned into a casual gamer in the space of a few years. I didn't always used to be one.

Linius

:lol what the fuck am I doing on NeoGAF? I only joined because I was looking for a good place to talk football. Most places are either too little populated or centred around one club and I don't like that. GAF is the best footy place around.

I came here because of the game scoops and TV show threads. Then I found out about Footey Gaf, never left.

Fintan

Do you have some back up tactics that are quite different than your first one? Sometimes the game will just require you to switch it for a while because the CPU have got used to it or some shit.

Just started my second season with Lazio after finishing second overall in the league. Lost to Juve in the Coppa Italia final 1-0 and then 2-0 in the Super Cup final. Was 6-0 up at half time against Bari in the first league game, Destro scored 4 but then my laptop ran out of power :( turned the game back on in the morning and won 5-0 overall, he only scored 1. Fuck LIFE
I've started using some alternatives. I had a really weird first season, crashed out of both cups very early which probably helped my league run. I lost to some shit teams like Reading, but got home and away wins against City, a win against United, 6-0 against Chelsea. Up until the last few games, I had an outside chance at the league.

Now I'm just getting more normal results, and I've had to play more defensively against the better teams. It works, did the double over Juventus, but then I played my normal way against United and got a 6-0 win in the cup.

You're right though, it seems like the game is determined sometimes to make you lose/go on a bad run of form.

WJD

Same.

When I joined in 2007 I was really into games, then I went to Uni, then I stopped playing them.

Thirded. I look at these petty fanboy squabbles on the gaming side and my eyes roll out of my head. So happy that I don't associate myself with those types of people anymore.

I'm well aware of the similarities with football fans

Wilbur

Banned
Only time framerate bothers me is when it's detrimental to the core game. Fighting games or any frame specific video game should be 60 FPS.

Otherwise, I can put up with slideshows no problem.

tumblr_meg0gwxh9I1rdgcqvo1_500.gif

Carbonox

Guys is Hitman Absolution worth getting for 20 quid? bear in mind I haven't played the old ones so I don't really know what to expect. Is it fun? Long enough? Replayable?

Yes. It's one of my GOTY's for last year. Never played the previous ones either.

GorillaJu

Regarding the earlier discussion, I generally cheer for EPL teams in the European tournaments except United, who I cheer vociferously against, and I definitely was rooting against Chelsea last year as well. But I have to admit, the Bayern fans' tears were so plentiful and delicious that I'm glad Chelsea won.

Kyoufu

Regarding the earlier discussion, I generally cheer for EPL teams in the European tournaments except United, who I cheer vociferously against, and I definitely was rooting against Chelsea last year as well. But I have to admit, the Bayern fans' tears were so plentiful and delicious that I'm glad Chelsea won.

I'm glad they won too. Makes their shenanigans this season even funnier.

Wilbur

Banned
I never cheer for City, and I only cheered for Chelsea against Barca but in hindsight I'm glad Chelsea won against Bayern because it was hilarious.

Don't give a fuck about Arsenal, and Liverpool I'll only support up until the point where they believe they'll win everything again

Fintan

I never really cheer for City in Europe because their ongoing bad results are too funny. I don't get behind United either. I'll generally support Arsenal though, and I guess I'll support Liverpool now that they're a Europa League club.

If its freezing every second that's annoying, but like this furore about that bloke saying games will be 480fps or whatever it was. I tried to read the thread. Got bored.

People got angry because he's the "leading analyst" and because 480fps simply is completely bullshit, so at first they laughed at him for his stupid prediction but when he then went on and posted to call GAF assholes, people got angry. That was not a case of people being angry at a frame rate of a game or something like that.

I'm one of those people that will fine tune my games settings for hours, I just enjoy making it look and perform as good as possible, it's a sickness. :p

Guys is Hitman Absolution worth getting for 20 quid? bear in mind I haven't played the old ones so I don't really know what to expect. Is it fun? Long enough? Replayable?

It's alright. A replay won't have much to offer though and some broken gameplay elements in it. But it's enjoyable for the most part.

I always cheer Arsenal in the CL (Dad is a gooner).

Chelsea I'm indifferent towards, I didn't want them to win it last year because I didn't want JT to be a CL winner.

There's not even much point cheering City.

I'll never cheer United.

In CL when neither Copenhagen or Chelsea are in, I usually just cheer for the underdogs and hope for an upset. If it's another Danish team I hope they crash and burn.

Empty

i normally loath chelsea but their champions league win was okay because it was the sort of unpredictable magic that makes the sport so good, i had fun with it. i felt the same about liverpool in 2005.

i'd probably feel the same about aguero's winner to take the league if i wasn't too close to it by being on the other side, like bayern fans with chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
i normally loath chelsea but their champions league win was okay because it was the sort of unpredictable magic that makes the sport so good, i had fun with it. i felt the same about liverpool in 2005.

i'd probably feel the same about aguero's winner to take the league if i wasn't too close to it by being on the other side, like bayern fans with chelsea.

Yeah, all true. Liverpool getting their equaliser in 2005 made me jump out my fucking seat and cheer

http://i.imgur.com/clGylnT.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Well this is just fucking beautiful.

Hindle

Banned
Anyone else think Utd can cause an upset against Madrid? I'd say Madrid are disorganised at the moment, which could be Uniteds advantage.

Anyone else think Utd can cause an upset against Madrid? I'd say Madrid are disorganised at the moment, which could be Uniteds advantage.

I honestly think its 50/50

A lot of people are rather stupidly imo expecting Madrid to just turn up and be at their best because its a Champions League game, completely ignoring their floundering form in a league that's either weaker or as weak as the Premier League

pulga

Banned
I've also lost a lot of interest in gaming, there was a time I'd buy every "blockbuster" and play through them. Nowadays, I'll hardly finish the few games I do buy. Currently playing through new Fire Emblem, it's my first one in the series so I think this should keep me interested for a while.

I go cinema alone all the time, a lot of my friends aren't interested in the films I am or I'm too busy to go most days so just go when I can. No shame in it!

How did this not get some paedo/S&M joke?

Madrid will win the CL this season. Bet on it.

edit: Hitcher does me before I post lol.

sturridge-dance.gif

@Sviat, on the off-chance you read this, there's no chance Suso will be starting against you. He may be on the bench, but I think we'll be going with our first 11 except for Enrique maybe. Either way, Suarez will start so I expect we'll smash you back into the Soviet era :p

2 things needed for me to care about Battlefield 4

1) PS4, not just PS3 (if PS3 at all)
2) They must make it clear that they will keep the official servers up. The customised ones, and the search functions, are an absolute joke

GorillaJu

Anyone else find that 'carnival girls' do nothing for them?

Yeah... Pretty much. The further removed from reality, the less it does for me. Any kind of costume puts me off, carnival style included, regardless of hot as my brain knows it is. My dick don't respond to anything that doesn't look approachable in reality

dc89

City striker Edin Dzeko has been praised by doctors after he came to the aid of a Bosnian teenager who flew to Manchester for a life-saving operation.

The star has been a regular visitor at the bedside of 16-year-old Aner Zelic, who was admitted to the Manchester Royal Infirmary weighing less than four-stone because of a debilitating disease that turns sufferers’ intestines into ‘concrete’.

Dzeko, 26, learned that his compatriot was in the city and has since brought gifts and even made sure that the hospital in Bosnia was ready for Aner’s return.

The £27m Blues’ star has shelled out for gifts including a PSP handheld video games console, a trip to the Etihad to see City, and signed memorabilia.

Kindhearted Dzeko even bought Aner’s mum a phone so she could keep in touch with relatives back home.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...1310324?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's so nice and kind. He got him a PSP, Edin knew a Vita would have made him worse. <3

Watching the 98 WC Final, the teams are ridiculously open, massive gaps between players, midfielders wandering all over the place, midfielders just vacating their position for a run forward. Were all teams like that back then?

1360546602_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

My Pepe is ready.

Do you have an odd feeling that something massively controversial is going to happen in one of these games?

Refereeing performance
Pepe breaking someone's leg
Clear offside goal
Dive for a penalty (perhaps from Ronaldo)
Mass brawl

It just has that aura about it

pulga

Banned
Do you have an odd feeling that something massively controversial is going to happen in one of these games?

Refereeing performance
Pepe breaking someone's leg
Clear offside goal
Dive for a penalty (perhaps from Ronaldo)
Mass brawl

It just has that aura about it

Seeing as it's United, I'll go with number 1. :p

#2 is always a definite possibility.

Wilbur

Banned
http://estaticos04.marca.com/imagenes/2013/02/11/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1360546602_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg[/IG]

My Pepe is ready.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a good enough team to do us. I think our team will be:

De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Welbeck Carrick Cleverley Young
van Persie Rooney

Maybe Young on the right and Kagawa on the left; wish we'd rested one of Rooney or RVP yesterday to be honest.

Top Bottom