• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Arnie

How was Madrid?

I've been once, short visit, seemed lovely.
Really nice. Went to Salamanca which is a couple hours outside of it. Saw a bull fight and one of those bull runs through the streets, ate a MASSIVE amount of tapas and got slightly sunburnt.

Empty

Full version of the Sky Sports feature with Yorke, Cole, Ole and Sheringham.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,18305_8490499,00.html

Must for United fans!

Ole didn't have a boot deal at the time! He went to the Trafford Centre to buy them, haha.

just watched this. pretty cool. yorke was a bit too polished and politician like in his answers but sheringham was frank and interesting. ole as always :3

"fergie: and if we aren't winning after 80 mins i'll just stick on ole and he'll score" <3 <3

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anyone who didn't support Chelsea against Barcelona has no soul. Trolling the purists. Even Nando Torres scored.

ilwUiWZJiG4OZ_zpsd0fce1e3.gif

You sir, are an enemy of football.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys is Hitman Absolution worth getting for 20 quid? bear in mind I haven't played the old ones so I don't really know what to expect. Is it fun? Long enough? Replayable?

bud

football almost died that day. it almost died again on may 19th 2012.
football is on the verge of dying. it's in intensive care.

do it, madrid. save it.

Meier

I go cinema alone all the time, a lot of my friends aren't interested in the films I am or I'm too busy to go most days so just go when I can. No shame in it!

Agreed. I go to movies alone on occasion, concerts alone every so often, etc. My fiancee just isn't interested in some of the same stuff I am so I just buy a single. No shame in it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So we just beat Liverpool U21s, their first loss this season. Even with Falque, Townsend, Mason and Pritchard away on loan we are still getting results.

I hope Tom Carroll is involved in the game against Lyon, I'd much rather see him out there than Huddlestone.

GolazoDan

Guys, do I restart Skyrim or jump back into my year old save. Never completed the game, mostly collected cheese. Just like real life.

Wilbur

Banned
Sometimes I wish I cared about things gamers cared about. Copy and paste dungeons. Frame rates. Aliasing. Lighting. Performance.

Then I remember that no, no I don't wish that at all. And I'm glad I don't.

GolazoDan

Sometimes I wish I cared about things gamers cared about. Copy and paste dungeons. Frame rates. Aliasing. Lighting. Performance.

Cheese collecting.

If I could turn off encumberance in 360 I so would.

TrueBlue

I doubt most of them even know what those words mean, they're just nice to throw around.

Hixx

how can you not care about frame rate

low framerates give me a headache

Wilbur

Banned
Cheese collecting.

There's a difference between caring about the skybox in a game and caring about one of the fundamental necessities in every day life. GTIYCCH.

I'm pretty much a casual gamer though. Don't give a shit about the look of a game, don't care for any Final Fantasy/Japanese RPG things, don't really like games like Demon's Souls because it brings challenges back to gaming or whatever.

Just give me a fun game, that's all I care about. I wish Super Mario Galaxy was on the PS3, I can't be fucked to use the wii

Clegg

Guys is Hitman Absolution worth getting for 20 quid? bear in mind I haven't played the old ones so I don't really know what to expect. Is it fun? Long enough? Replayable?
Its a good game.

But IMO its not really the same as its predecessors. For 20 quid you can't really go wrong. But IMO you should try and get the hitman HD collection just to see how good the franchise can actually be.

GolazoDan

There's a difference between caring about the skybox in a game and caring about one of the fundamental necessities in every day life. GTIYCCH.

I'm pretty much a casual gamer though. Don't give a shit about the look of a game, don't care for any Final Fantasy/Japanese RPG things, don't really like games like Demon's Souls because it brings challenges back to gaming or whatever.

Just give me a fun game, that's all I care about. I wish Super Mario Galaxy was on the PS3, I can't be fucked to use the wii
I'm the same. Guess what Uncharted, your bullet sponge enemies are annoying. You're ruining my valuable time off work. *changes difficulty to easy*

Fintan

Football Manager is getting seriously addictive. First season with Swansea went well, got a CL spot. Now in my second season I can barely win a league game, but am going really well in all the cups. I think my squad is too small, or the fact that I never really changed tactics caught up to me.

Wilbur

Banned
how can you not care about frame rate

low framerates give me a headache

If its freezing every second that's annoying, but like this furore about that bloke saying games will be 480fps or whatever it was. I tried to read the thread. Got bored.

Same as when I go in to look at the Skyrim thread and people are sharing stories about quests and then there will be PC posts dedicated to messing with the controls in order to bring down the contrast and minimise shadowing or whatever bollocks. Just have no interest whatsoever.

Pokemon, Football Manager, Mario, Uncharted are pretty much games I just really enjoy. I'm not even that fond of things like Zelda or Metal Gear Solid. MGS2 is boring to play every time I try to go through it. Just something about the way the game handles doesn't appeal to me. Same with Skyward Sword.

Empty

wilbury : games :: arnie : music

i don't really care about framerate or all that. though i do like dark souls, zelda and metal gear much more than skyrim.

Wilbur

Banned
Its a good game.

But IMO its not really the same as its predecessors. For 20 quid you can't really go wrong. But IMO you should try and get the hitman HD collection just to see how good the franchise can actually be.

Will look into it. Is it still playable now yeah? Dunno how old the games are

:lol what the fuck am I doing on NeoGAF? I only joined because I was looking for a good place to talk football. Most places are either too little populated or centred around one club and I don't like that. GAF is the best footy place around.

Football Manager is getting seriously addictive. First season with Swansea went well, got a CL spot. Now in my second season I can barely win a league game, but am going really well in all the cups. I think my squad is too small, or the fact that I never really changed tactics caught up to me.

Do you have some back up tactics that are quite different than your first one? Sometimes the game will just require you to switch it for a while because the CPU have got used to it or some shit.

Just started my second season with Lazio after finishing second overall in the league. Lost to Juve in the Coppa Italia final 1-0 and then 2-0 in the Super Cup final. Was 6-0 up at half time against Bari in the first league game, Destro scored 4 but then my laptop ran out of power :( turned the game back on in the morning and won 5-0 overall, he only scored 1. Fuck LIFE

wilbury : games :: arnie : music

i don't really care about framerate or all that. though i do like dark souls, zelda and metal gear much more than skyrim.

Finally I can see where the cunt's coming from

Top Bottom