• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

pulga

Banned
Definitely a good enough team to do us. I think our team will be:

De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Welbeck Carrick Cleverley Young
van Persie Rooney

Maybe Young on the right and Kagawa on the left; wish we'd rested one of Rooney or RVP yesterday to be honest.

You guys've really resigned to having Kagawa on the wing? :lol

Wouldn't start Welberg, tbh. Not good enough for this match.

Wilbur

Banned
You guys've really resigned to having Kagawa on the wing? :lol

Wouldn't start Welberg, tbh. Not good enough for this match.

Well he's improved there recently to be honest. I think its just difficult to put him centrally with Rooney and RVP. It took a while for him to get used to it, but I think he's adapting to cutting in and he's linking up well with Rooney specifically.

He isn't on ability (and neither is Young), but he'd do a good job working in tandem with Rafael to track Ronaldo

kharma45

Definitely a good enough team to do us. I think our team will be:

De Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Evra
Welbeck Carrick Cleverley Young
van Persie Rooney

Maybe Young on the right and Kagawa on the left; wish we'd rested one of Rooney or RVP yesterday to be honest.

Welbeck can fuck off, not a chance he'll start. Much more chance of Valencia starting, or even Jones at RM.

Empty

it's an away cl match so i think we'll see this. rooney and young on the wings for their defensive work to help out the fullbacks. maybe welberg instead of young as he's so good at pressing and isn't just back from injury but i think young is more likely to score a decisive away goal dive to win a decisive penalty.

rooney rvp young

carrick - cleverly - jones

evra - rio - evans - rafael

de god

New patch for FM released today by the way.

Patch Notes

Toned down poor decision long shots

Thank the lord.

That was a glitch? I thought it was merely an accurate reflection of my team

Johnson-----Agger----Vermaelen------Riise

----------------Toure
-----------------------Sjneider

------------------Gerrard
-----Downing------------------Ronaldo
--------------------Giroud

Rad-

I actually wouldn't mind Welbeckham starting in Madrid. He tracks back, puts on pressure and always gives 110%. Helps create counter attacks with his pressing (even if he fucks them up in the end lol). Madrid is going to be dominating their home game anyways so he could be more helpful than a pure attacking option like Kagawa.

But in Manchester, someone other than him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sometimes I wish I cared about things gamers cared about. Copy and paste dungeons. Frame rates. Aliasing. Lighting. Performance.

Then I remember that no, no I don't wish that at all. And I'm glad I don't.
I don't care about copy paste dungeons, but I feel a little ripped off when I see them. Fucking lazy devs.

De God to keep us in touching distance at the Bernabeu and RVP to win it at OT.

Whether we go through or not though is so up in the air. Hoping so but not expecting to.

Meier

New patch for FM released today by the way.

Patch Notes

Toned down poor decision long shots

Thank the lord.

Fantastic news. I wish they'd fix what seems like a bug to me in the MOTY award system as well. When my team goes undefeated in the Portuguese league and scores over 100 goals, I shouldn't finish 3rd in the voting after winning MOTM 7 or 8 times over the course of the season.

Also, there is a rumor is the City players want Vieira to be the new manager. Boy that's a terrible decision. Probably been posted already but I'd die if that happened. We need someone who has cut his teeth elsewhere.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A8JI_giCYAEvUxS.jpg

jeNovCkCWrXEA.jpg

Yogurt, is Kaiser Bonny available for tomorrow?

Only Marchisio is suspended I think.

Fintan

The same thing we all do in these situations; take over as Barca and play Messi in goal with 10 upfront.

Or take your drubbing like a man.

:lol I'll leave it 'til later, delay the inevitable. I'm trying to decide if I should go all out attack and lose admirably or go incredibly defensive and still lose. Both great options.

LegoArmo

Fucking hell, Celtic are undefeated at home in Europe. A draw (or worse) written all over it.

Your players won't ever forget playing in Paradise. They'll enjoy it. I hope Celtic can make a game of it, keep the tie alive for the second leg at the very least.

Wilbur

Banned
Match fixing?

Yeah :lol, Sid Lowe was basically talking about how United are a team that break the rules when it comes to footballing matters in a way - so they sign RVP a player they don't really need and profit from it, they're not the strongest team individually but are beating everyone around - and Richardson said 'so not the type of rules Juventus break'

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah :lol, Sid Lowe was basically talking about how United are a team that break the rules when it comes to footballing matters in a way - so they sign RVP a player they don't really need and profit from it, they're not the strongest team individually but are beating everyone around - and Richardson said 'so not the type of rules Juventus break'

Figured :lol

It's funny and everything, but I don't think they realize there was no 'match fixing' in 2006.

Defensive lobbying for Howard Webbs however, did happen. But it was legal, and all the clubs did it. Sigh..

Wilbur

Banned
Figured :lol

It's funny and everything, but I don't think they realize there was no 'match fixing' in 2006.

Defensive lobbying for Howard Webbs however, did happen. But it was legal, and all the clubs did it. Sigh..

James Richardson will, he's the one that presented Football Italia, knows his shit about Serie A.

Top Bottom