• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Speaking of best defence..

barzagli-cavani490ai_0.jpg

Juventus’ swoop for Andrea Barzagli has proved to be exceptional value for money when you consider some Gazzetta dello Sport stats.

The 2006 World Cup winner was signed in January 2011 from Wolfsburg for just €300,000 given that he had only six months left on his deal in Germany. Since his return to Italy, Barzagli has played in 87 of the Old Lady’s subsequent 94 matches in all competitions.

The centre-back is Antonio Conte’s most used player this term given that he has appeared in 33 ties – all from the start. He’s thus totalled over 3,000 minutes of action this season. The Gazzetta has also outlined that Barzagli has been booked in only eight of his 87 encounters for La Signora.

dc89

BBC Northwest Tonight.

Phil Brown speaks to Jamie Carragher about young players who don't make it. Queue a lad who played for Liverpool's academy but was then let go. He turned to drug dealing and went to prison.

Jamie and Phil wanted to introduce this fella to a few of Liverpool's youth players to warn them of the pitfalls that can come if you don't make it.

Sterling was sat there amongst a few younger lads, avoiding the camera at all costs.

:lol. AndresToothepaste.GIF

Yen

I need to see if there are Northern Ireland Premiership highlights on youtube. Watching the news, and every week they show hilarious howlers.

Wilbur

Banned
Barney Ronay's Ray Parlour impressions on football weekly are amazing.

Also, we have to dig in and defend at the Bernabeu. We will get slain if we do anything else.

Yeah they made a good point about teams learning not to attack Madrid this year. We should play Valencia and counter.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm in love with Gary Neville. Just absolutely knows his shit. Why he's the only ex professional to do this on television is beyond me.

Randdalf

Yeah they made a good point about teams learning not to attack Madrid this year. We should play Valencia and counter.

United have always played on the counter against big teams or teams that could worry them defensively. I remember a game against Arsenal a few seasons ago, which they won, where they just sat in their own half until they got the ball and quickly got it up front.

Top Bottom